Macfibo system

yes i agree that this is a bad patch all systems most likely will got thru and thats why MM is so impt.

sufian is ur MM based on the 38.2% for every trade u take? that is a 1:1 risk reward ratio?

I’ve taken a EUR/USD Long. Feeling good about it.

hi sufian

question for u abt today’s chart. since it didnt break last nite US session high we avoid taking this trade?

Same here, woke up only now though, but still got on the trade since the price didn’t move much away from the close of the activation candle

Hi Fxfrench, thank you very much for trying/testing/interest in the system. How long have you been following the thread?

I am forward testing with live account of this 38.2% SL. Yes it gives more or less 1:1 risk reward ratio. I use it mostly if there is news coming on… big news or news I am not sure the impact.

It does help if it breaks the US session high but as I said in earlier posts, it is not necessary. Yesterdays signal is a good proof for that. :D. Keep it simple for now my friend. :D.

From now own I am only trading the Eur/Usd and Im setting a hard stop at the 38.2 level but watching the 5/8 crossover for an earlier or quicker way to exit my trade. Plus I will wait until the candle closes before I enter or exit a trade. I feel these few things will improve my trading with the macfibo system.

[B]MACFIBO TRADE STATISTICS FOR XAUUSD 2012 : Updated 29/3/2012[/B]

This is important. I ran a quick test for this pair based on the following trading parameters/rule :

[B]Entry : 5ema cross 20sma
TP : 161.8
Other TP Conditions : If 127.2 is equal (plus minus 5-10 pips) to previous day’s High/Low, then TP at 127.2
Exit : Stop Loss at 38.2 but IF 5ema/8sma recross happens, then EXIT right away
[/B]

The results so far, looks promising. I am surprised to be honest with Macfibo’s capability with Gold. Now it’s time to test it from 2008 data up to Dec 31 2011… cracking my knuckles

Anyway… heres the result (PDF will be attached soon)

[B]Average Win : 61.6
Average Loss : 51.7
Net Pips : 1259
Win Percentage : 68.7%

Best Run (in pips) : 430
Worst Run (in pips) : 140
Longest Winning Run : 7 wins in a row (430)
Longest Losing Run : 2 losses in a row[/B]

Fantastic. Yes Macfibo system relies on candle close for confirmation. I am very happy you are still interested using the system. I believe it will improve macfibo as well. Setting a hard stop incase those ugly spike happens while monitoring 5x8 as a momentum guide. Well done!!

p/s : With other members as a witness, I will make sure you stick to that trading rule. :smiley:

I use it daily as it is programmed to stay always on. There are some times when I dont receive signal and some times when it arrives a few hours late… :frowning: But hey, cant ask too much of a free service. Would be great if an EA on my metatrader could send me an email to my smartphone when a cross happen…

Macfibo gold statistics’ pdf attached in the first page post #1.

I will also start adding XAUUSD part of my daily Macfibo System Update alongside EURUSD. More for me to write… but it’s all good. :D:18:

I think there is a way for that. I read somewhere… You can go here. I never tried it though. I look at the charts most of the time so I haven’t find the need for it… but it will help! Finally I can watch afternoon movies in the cinema (when the action normally happen in FX markets). :smiley:

fxfrench, u still on long?

I know you didn’t ask me but I am going to tell anyway Hehehehehe… that I am out of the trade. 10 pips loss (5x8 recross). If you set SL at 38.2, give it a chance for the trade to develop.

I got out at the cross just to see price shoot up to the 1.27 but im going to wait until the close of this candle before I re-enter. Im trying to stick to the rules.LOL

Stick to it you must! :smiley: :D… If you re-enter, be wary of yesterday’s high before you set your sight at the fibo levels.

p/s : I’m in the chatroom, Macfibo traders room. I’ll be there for 30 mins (it’s 2.34pm Spore time as I post this :stuck_out_tongue: )

I exited at 5x8 aswell but don’t want to re-entry, will wait the update of the system for specifications on re-entering:)
And sufian I’m always waiting for your comments in the thread so thanks for responding even though I wasn’t asking anything directly;)

No problem buddy. Love to help.

hi sufian cant seem to get into the chatroom. keeps getting error :frowning:

anyway will u re-enter if price close above US session high?