Macfibo system

what is h16?

Timeframe that one candle equals to 16 hours like H4 to one candle equal to 4 hours. He uses some kind of indicator that allows him to have ‘weird’ timeframes.

oooh fellow Bruneian!.. you sounded more like Malaysian or Singaporean especially with the ‘ada setup tak?’ phrase hehe. Welcome to the thread. Hope you continue reading and posting trades.

1:16 Ratio Macfibo

This is no different than other MA breakout/crossover method that designed to trade according to the ‘boss trend’. Instead of H16, H4 can be used instead. With 1:16 ratio, H4’s ‘friend’ will be M15. So the idea is simple, if there is a H4 Macfibo Sell Signal, then you only take M15 Sell Macfibo BUT instead of using M15’s 1.618 level, we use H4’s Macfibo level. Due to range issues, M15 TP-ing should be the closest H4’s TP level. For fresh activation, H4’s 127.2 should be good first TP.

• I never trade LIVE like this though I paper traded it many times and my friend traded Macfibo this way religiously. You might want to add this style to enchance your Macfibo edge. Up to you.*

H4 Macfibo Sell

…there is macfibo sell on H4. Now time to zoom in to M15 looking for early entries.

ANother example in XAUUSD H4 Macfibo

That’s interesting, will check it out on paper.
Will come up with signals in 5 minutes

Hi Sufiansaid
Thank you so much for sharing your system
Im looking forward to version 1.1

Christina

Signals update:

GBPJPY H1 forming a cross

USDJPY H1:

XAUUSD H1 cross just came in!

None of the two previous crosses yet confirmed

No signal for GBPJPY, USDJPY and XAUUSD. XAUUSD still crossing but will wait at the candle close. Check the charts again in 40 minutes. :slight_smile:

No problem there christinaa. Keep reading the thread… you can post your trades or questions too. Thanks.

About XAUUSD I’m pretty sure I already have a cross on the candle’s close… But if it’s a valid signal, won’t be too late anyway :slight_smile:

Update:
Cross on GBPUSD:

Hello Sufiansaid,

I went throught all this thread and I have not found answer for one question:

What are you doing when 5x8 cross and trade is not loosing but even hit 161 fibo? I know that is not happening every day but I saw this setup in backtesting…

At the beginning of this thread you mention you have EA for 5x8cross trade exit would be possible to share it?

another think is that I`m trying to do back test logs for my strategies but as I can see from your answers you have much more information in your backtest log then I have. Can you post a few lines of your journal or back test log?

I`m trying to understand forex about two years and in this thread i found a lof of answers not only great MACFIBO

Thanks in advance

Planning to short on EURUSD in 25 minutes!

Glad my analisys was not a problem for the thread! I will try to give it a bit further (pls pls tell me if is getting too much “away”)

Note the 3 bullish bars after the pair touched a daily pivot S, forming a pinbar as well and slightly testing the S (that was tested already once as S and twice as R as well in past days!).

* I always draw the highest high and lowest low of past 3 days, considering them as natural S/R on short-term *

The pattern doesn’t convince me fully, but there could be forming a search&destroy profile, let’s see where the price will go now, most likely to the R of 83.2 …if the theory applies here!

for MACFIBO: 5x8 gap is getting closer!

EDIT: note also as 83.2 level was highly tested both as S and R as well

i am joining…

i’m long on USDJPY

I joined, got stopped out. Never mind!

Same here, guys, was warned of the support, but decided to trade anyway, never mind as it was said :slight_smile:
Will come up with signals in 40 minutes

Signals update:

Waiting for EURUSD crossing on H1
Keeping eye on GBPUSD H4 cross

I’d like to have a reflexion with Sufian and you all regarding a little topic:

we say to TP at 161.8 fibo level, but sometimes, due to market sentiment or whatever, we decide to put it at 127.1 cos major levels occur at that point…

What if we split the profit? Making a part of it safe, and then make it a free trade keeping 161.8 as second TP?
Explaining better:
1- TP for 50% of lots at 127.1
2- When it’s reached, move SL to BE, and target 161.8 with the rest of the position size

It’s just a reflexion based on USDJPY recent topic, that made me come to mind a very similiar strategy used by a very well known trader, so I thought: why not applying it here? It seemed like fitting perfectly =)

Gimme feedback!

PS: 26pips on USDJPY, i’m still in!

lol nevermind, USDJPY had a great run and touched my TP, 53 pips! A bit of luck sometimes xD