Macfibo system

Hence the importance of BACKTESTING. Good for you Ngergoo. Keep reading and posting.

If you weren’t sure then just keep it off from your analysis. Stick to previous daily high lows for now if you feel you need a filter in your Macfibo signal.

The PT A and PT B are correct. Your entry point was good. My only question now is : What are those red lines suppose to tell us? :smiley:

Hi and greetings brother Muneeb (and others),

I am sorry but I doubt that you familiar with the system yet, unless ofcourse, you have tested it in over atleast 200 signals. But I didn’t even believe I was familiar with the system after paper traded macfibo consistently back in 2009… I still had to do the dirty work (backtesting) That’s what I meant in “familiarizing the system”. Forward testing it using demo account or paper trade is good, don’t get me wrong. But backtesting it correctly and thoroughly will give you something that I can’t stress enough… INFORMATION. With Information, you can act accordingly, for this case, you can trade with an ease of mind and say “hey… this kind of signal has happened ike 10-15 times already” or “hey, I’ve had this losing run before… no reason to panic” or “hey, when this happen, it usually stops there most of the time… I will TP here where it usually stops” etc etc…

Thats what i mean by familiarizing with the system. That’s the whole point of backtesting… not just to make u understand how entries and exits are but how it perform in the last 3 years, 4 years etc etc… see if you can identify some repetitive patterns (I mean not all Macfibo signal are the same though the entry is objective… 5ema cross 20sma but you can’t tell me that all 5ema 20sma crossover has the same shape or form right?). Backtesting is hard work. To quote Rob Booker “It’s HELL”!.. but it is necessary if not obligatory.

How many trades have you made in your practise account? I hope you log it all in your journal. and how many trades have you made in your live account after that? Judging from the start date of this thread, I assume around 70-80 altogether? Buddy… even 100 trades is not big enough sample. Perhaps you traded it on your practise account during the time the pair had a good run and you happen to trade live during the pair experiencing some choppy week or month.

I know where you are going with this… you start to think “market is going to get your account”. The market doesn’t care who we are. They don’t care if we use Macfibo or Microfibo or ipAdfibo etc etc… Stop hammering yourself with your trading losses. It happens. If you tried backtested the system in over 200 trades, you will not find these “losses happen when I start to trade live but not when I practised” has conspiracy theory or blame on luck… but instead you will say “well, back in 2010, there was a time in tota; 30 trades… only 10 was a winner but Macfibo did good after that”… or something like that.

I feel you muneeb, I am here to help. So please, stop trading for now… start backtesting.

hi my buddy

i draw red line for B point. i confused here and a dont underestand point B. BUT resading your post i underestand that point b is start new vawe. thanks

Hello Sir:

I’m a newbie… bearly 4 months of learning… I’m interested to know about the MacFib.
What are the MA’s involved???
What time frame are you using???

Pls let me know…

Wendy

Please, feel free to read the first post with instructions provided and described and explained in detail in the attachment to the post.

I was wondering if many people were caught out today?
The EurUsd gave a valid sell signal at midday (gmt) and then retraced all the back up to give a buy signal a couple of hours later, and then back down.
I saw them but didnt act. The first candle had stopped at and then retraced from a significant support so I didnt enter.
I didnt enter the buy signal because I didn’t ‘[I]like[/I]’ it.

A (badly written) EA would have entered both those trades and lost.
I know we are meant to trade mechanically without emotion but sometimes instincts are correct. Instincts are just your subconscious knowing something is wrong (or right) but not letting your conscience logical mind know what it is.
<Disclaimer> Instincts can also be wrong </Disclaimer >

I took both trades, of course the long was stopped out at my fixed SL, the second one I’m still in, though I would like to ask questions about such setup:

I’m talking about the recent buy signal on EURUSD and what throws into my eyes is that the 8SMA was still above 10SMA while 5EMA hadn’t even crossed 10SMA yet and only then went further and crossed 8SMA upwards after giving a signal. Is it something worth being avoided or it is OK to trade with signals on such setups (not minding S/R, news, and with appropriate session)?

On behalf of instincts I would say that there is never a positive instinct: there is either a zero instinct that will force you not to enter any trades or a negative instinct that will force you enter losing trades. And even in long-term, catching some profit trades by instinct is not trading based on any analysis or any knowledge. Perhaps, that’s my personal opinion.

We will see where the long trade will get, but good for you that you didn’t enter short today :slight_smile:

PS: I wasn’t aware of big news affecting USD coming out 14:00 GMT, but the large bullish candle is timed at 13:00 GMT, so doesn’t seem like the news have affected the sell signal to result in a reverse of price movement.

@Confrimado: considerign the current time of the day, taking that signal is not a smart idea to me

Generally speaking, assuming it was during L session, i would have not taken it either, maybe scalping a bit taking advantage of lower TF entry, considering the mkt flow is totally bearish, and check out important R in that area.

:slight_smile:

You are absolutely correct, trading by instinct is guessing, and that is what I did, I guessed that the buy signal was a bad signal without any technical analysis to back that decision.
Perhaps it was the whipsaw price action that made me uncertain and so I didnt enter. Perhaps I was uncertain because I still haven’t done enough back testing.

sufiansaid,
I must applaud you on your system it is giving me the results that you said it would and it seems very straightforward and easy to use. I have been following the thread on the forums and have set it up on my charting software and immediately saw the results. I am going to paper trade it to familiarize myself with it and eventually start trading live - Looking forward to 1.2 when it comes out…

One last thing I have uploaded images of my charts and want your feedback to see if my setup and FIBS are correct, if so where would you put stop losses.

The Chart is a 1 Hr Chart of the EUR/USD taken at 11.39 pm GMT

If you’ve stayed on the trade missing the 5x8 exiting signal, then congrats!

The entry point is correct, although you’ve opened your position a bit too late and I would draw the Fibo tool to the day’s low at 7:00 GMT

Hi Confirmado, I am quite a newbie and don’t quite understand what a 5x8 is can you explain for me please?

Thanks

5x8 means 5EMA crossing 8SMA, a trade closing signal according to the system’s rules:)

Easy enough Confirmado - Thanks

I see your point here, and I am backtesting the system now, thanks for the advices which you have been giving, they are really helpfull

sufiansaid,
You’ve touched a little on trading longer time frames (4H, 1D). Do you have any more advice on trading this style. Especially on the 1D chart. I’m also trying out 8H. I’m testing it, but figured you might have some experience. Thanks

For H4, you can trade this timeframe similar like you trade Macfibo in H1. Do take note though on the trading days more than the trading session when a signal occur. Mondays and Fridays are the days I normally be ‘picky’ when there’s a H4 Macfibo signal. H4 is slower (duhh) and I rarely use 5ema cross 8sma as an exit, as H1 Macfibo will have me to ‘exit’ my trade. In essence you can say though I trade the H4 signal, I always take H1 signal as priority…hence why I encourage new traders to trade/backtest the H1 first. It is a bit more than this. I don’t want to put too much information for now as I want the majority of readers has a slow and steady learning curve of this system.

I can understand if you can’t trade the H1 because time constraints etc etc… so all I can say to you is you can trade H4 like you trade the H1 but you exit when there’s H1 opposing signal and take that H1 signal for ‘short-term’ pip harvest… If you want… That’s how I trade it.

H6, H8, and H16 are the big timeframes that have been traded (not necessarily by me) with good results by the Macfibo ‘pioneers’ (I don’t know what else to call them… I do acknowledge the word 'pioneer’s is a bit too BIG of a word) but they all don’t trade it the way they trade H1 and H4.

Same with D1. I do trade Macfibo D1 but not the same way how I trade Macfibo with H1 and H4. Yes you can say it’s like a totally different trading system. It is a different system which use the fibonacci projection pull-ups but thats about it, others are different, requires two or three more additional analysis technique… but still simple and objective in nature.

Hello there, I am sorry I find your chart rather confusing for me. Not your fault, perhaps it’s me. But I hope other forum members have answered your question. :smiley: