Mad Scalper

Talk about learning this system.

Feel like I passed the 1st grade. lol

Nice trade. Target hit at +25 Pips.

KC.
:smiley:

Congrats! :slight_smile:

Made my first +20 w/ this system. Entry was made w/ trend after first closed candle and cloud had turned from blue back to red. OsMA was not even considered. The TP was obvious w/ MM line.

Not a recommended time for trading

Nice systemā€¦ Iā€™m looking forward to further updates which by the way are typically revised at the first post. Waiting for pullbacks needs to be discussed for newbies.

Thanks,
revrobwimb

Niceā€¦yep Iā€™m updating the first post over time.

Here is what Iā€™m considering to replace the osma. Itā€™s called a stop reverse (the purple dotted line). Iā€™ve been tweeking the settings.

For the most part itā€™s the same as the osma as far as allowing you to enter a signal or notā€¦but I found a few that helped with waiting for the better entry. As long as it doesnt get me in late on good trades, I may go with it.

thats a strange indicator but it looks like it works would there be a way to make it more noticable? or a way to put it on a sub graph with a more simple output?

edit

personally idk if i wud have taken that trade the MAs seem to be too close together :stuck_out_tongue:

ok, Iā€™m removing that indicatorā€¦it is sort of based on s/r, so using it on pullback trades is silly.

I changed the setting slightly on the OSMA to 8, 17, 6. Maybe that will do the trick, and we can wait for a cross to enter. I guess Iā€™ll do more testing.

This ema system is so simple, and a winning system, Iā€™m just trying to find that one indicator that could filter out some losing tradesā€¦so the osma still seems the bestā€¦maybe itā€™s just a matter of getting the best setting.

are you advising us to change our settings as well or are you still testing those settings?

Yes, I do think it is betterā€¦I changed it on my chart.

OSMA: 8, 17, 6

but part of me is saying just trash the osmaā€¦well, thatā€™s what testing is for, we will see. Either way the method is profitableā€¦the question is, is it more or less profitable using the osma.

what happens if you dont trade during volatile market hours? does your success rate drop? or does just you pip gain drop? or does nothing happen at all?

If you trade at slow times, ie. end of new york into aisa, the win % will be less because this system is based on the ebb and flow of a trend.

The stronger the trend the better probability for the trade. The slower times can retrace the trend or go sideways, etc. Thatā€™s just the regular cycles of the markets.

well, friday was wildā€¦now you see why I dont trade around news and I sometimes have to skip ny open entirely. News is the scalpers worst enemyā€¦unless you get lucky.

Iā€™m just waiting for things to pickup and give a winning signal or two before I tradeā€¦no rush.

*again, osma is being tested at a setting of 8, 17, 6 for now.

Looks like we are establishing a nice down move on eu, gu. Iā€™m going to look to enter a short after a pullbackā€¦as the rules go.

Weā€™re getting the pullbackā€¦looking for short entry confirmation.

Best of luck Pete. I think there is a way that this could be honed to produce an even more consistent result but finding it is going to be the challenge!

I took off half the trade in profit at supportā€¦because it was stalling and locked the rest at BEā€¦and it got hit. At least something in the bankā€¦playing it safe. Had 2 small vsa winners today too (my other method)ā€¦so not a bad day.

Was such a big move without a retrace for a whileā€¦couldnt get in on a pullbackā€¦but plenty of trades to come this week, with this nice pa i think.

ps, notice I completely ignored the osma :smiley:

Time for another dodgy Bollinger Band influenced prediction.

The PA on the hourly and 4 hourly charts is closing outside on the lower BB. Very over sold.

The price action on the 5m chart is stagnating and the bands have gotten quite narrow.

As said before, when the BBā€™s narrow, there will be a decent breakout in one direction at some point soon.

As the PA on the larger time frames are showing as over sold, iā€™d expect there to be a long move before too long and possibly a fairly tasty one (from a 5m chart perspective anyway)

Note to others on the thread, Bollinger Bands are not part of Peteā€™s strat, to clear up any confusion.

You may be right, but EU and GU just gave a short signal, so I shorted GU because itā€™s weaker atm. Letā€™s hope youā€™re wrong long enough for me to get this scalp, lol.

Well, I failed to spot first time around that the BBā€™s on the 1hr and 4hr were actually both pointing very sharpley south still so the over selling could well still carry onā€¦

Iā€™m not trading today. Iā€™ve had a really posiutive start to my Forex trading and am going on my hols (vacation) tomorrow so want to protect what iā€™ve made and not give me any reson to leave in bad spirits! Then come back and really go for it come Jan (with mad scalper at the helm!)

I took partial profit because of support, locked the rest at BEā€¦Iā€™ll see what I can get nowā€¦letā€™s hope the trend is my friend.