Mad Scalper

I read about the mad scalper indicator.

Pls help on how and where to download it.

How do i attach it to my mt4 trading platform.

Manual on how to use it.

Thanks

You need to download the link in the first post of this thread. That post also tells you how to trade it.

As far as installing it, do a google search on ā€œhow to install templates and indicators for mt4ā€. I donā€™t want to use this thread to explain those things, plenty of info out thereā€¦itā€™s standard stuff.

hello

where will i save all these mad scalper.

is it on the expert or on the indicator folder , which file will i save the indicator after i downloads it.

EXPERT FOLDER OF INDICATOR FOLDER.

THANKS

You are downloading indicators that go in the indicators folder and a template that goes in the templates folder.

Again, do a google search on ā€œhow to install templates and indicators for mt4ā€.

You will find the answer there. Iā€™m not going back and forth with 10 posts about this. Doing this in a forum is silly. Donā€™t post again here on this topic please. ā€¦Jesus. :stuck_out_tongue:

ā€¦thatā€™s it this entire page has gone to crap.:rolleyes:

I have dowloaded the indicators now.

Sorry for this my last post.

Which one will go to template and which one will go to indicator folder.
Now i know how to attach them, but i need to know which of the attachment will go to indicator folder and which of the attachment will go to template folder.

Pls explain this to me well,

i will not post this topic again, but just explain this last post to me well.

Thanks,
god bless you sir.

.tpl to template and .ex4 to indicatorsā€¦ then restart ur mt4ā€¦
if you are not sure which one to copy to, just copy all the files to both the foldersā€¦ remember to restart ur mt4ā€¦

Hi petefader, i find your strategy very interesting! Thanks for sharing. It seems to work well both on the 1H and 4H TFs as well.
I Just need you to help me with a question though there is a high probability that it might have been asked before.
The question is this- Do you recommend any trading session for this strategy or is it ā€œsafeā€ to trade at any time of the day?
Thanks in advance:)

Hi my friend, great system, profitable and simple, do you use any trailing stop loss so you get what the market wants to give you?, and if so which are your trailing stop for eur and gbp, I was thinking 17 pips for eur and 20 pips for gbp.
Regards

Since this is a trending system, I only use it from Euro open through US open. Aisa tends to be hit or miss as far as getting a trend going. By trend I mean a sustained slant of the 50 ema.

Since we are using setups on the 5min, logically itā€™s only a scalp sized targetā€¦but if I have reason to hold the trade, (ie. broke a s/r level and aiming for the next, or higher TF method also confirms same direction.)
Then I take half profit and let it run to next logical target. I guess my point is, a scalp is just a scalp, unless the higher TFs give a reason to hold half the position for more, Locked BEā€¦or yes trail.

thanks for your kind answer, I think that I will go for a fixed amount for take profit, do you also know if the indicator that visually shows us the blue and red conditions has a version which has an alert included, It will be great to at least we could go for a cup of coffe while we wait in front on the screen.
Once again, thank you for this godd system.

An alert would be very helpfull for the shaded indie. Seems like an easy thing to programm, but I donā€™t know how. Maybe someone can do it.

I am not a programer either, but I was looking at price channel_signal indicator (default settings, just removing warning option and reentries) and It gives signals vey close to the red blu indicator and It has an alarm with it, so I am using it. But I do not know if I can upload the indicator in this forum.
Regards

petefader: did u profit any pips for the past 2days? i saw the market was rangingā€¦hardly enter a position.

Pete,

I see you said you trade this mainly on the European until the US open.

The last two days Iā€™ve got up (Iā€™m on est) to trade around 3am and things seem pretty slow between 3am to 5am. I notice things pick up closer to 6am est.
Is this normal?

Thanks!

Hello Pete,
I have been following this thread and already made some successful trades in my demo account. I am now going to apply it on my live account. Thank you very much for sharing this simple, yet effective trading strategy. I have a question for you. Since you have been successfully trading this method for quite a long time now, I would like to know so far which trading session gave you most of the successful trades. It would be great if you specifically mention the time when you look for valid signals. I know you try to avoid asia session and fridayā€™s.

Thanks,
Ahsan

The market goes through phases, it doesnā€™t start to pick up, or ā€œmoveā€ at the same times everdayā€¦or month to month. Since this is my job, Iā€™m at the computer about 1:30 am eastern, because I have seen pently of good setups by 2:00am. On the other hand, I could be waiting a few hours before I get a trade. Timing of news releases also affects this. Generally, this system is best from 2am to 11am eastern.

Those that have been trading the Mad Scalper for some time (pete included of course!)ā€¦if you trade it on a regular basis at the right market timesā€¦do you feel it is reasonable to average 100pips a week with it?
Iā€™m really trying to find a system that I can feel comfortable with, dig my feet into and get a groove going. Based on some light testing with itā€¦the Mad Scalper seems like it could be it. I plan to demo test it all of next week mainly using the e/u and g/u.

(Just saw the chart pete postedā€¦I did that trade too :slight_smile: got out too soon thoā€¦but at least I feel good I made the right move! Looks like another formed soon afterā€¦I made a trade there too and took 10pips.)

Thanks for the thoughts!

Yeah, I got +26 on that EJ, I closed ā€œtoo earlyā€ too, but I had good reason and I could have ended up with less if I didnt close, so NO REGRETS for sticking to a plan and winning.

Iā€™m getting a bit sick of ā€œoh I should have held thatā€ if you know what I mean. Iā€™ve been guilty of it myself, donā€™t get me wrong. But to me itā€™s as silly as sayingā€¦look the gu just moved 40 pips, ā€œoh I should have bought thatā€.

We should only do something if we have a REASON to do it.

ā€œoh, I should have stuck with my planā€ now thatā€™s something worth saying 1,000 times!

Hereā€™s my take on your question. I use 2 other systems along with Mad Scalper, so I wouldnā€™t be able to tell you an average return. I have a feeling most newbiews are jumping from system to system, so they might not be able to tell you either, lol.

I would say do some back testing, and see for yourself. If you want to get fancy about it, you can use a trade simulator. Just search FF for Vhands simulator. You can run though past days in real time, take trades, and even speed it up. Every learning trader should have it!

ok, back to the point. Mad Scalper is dependant on a healthy trending market and, as we know, we donā€™t always get that. Thatā€™s why I use two other systems, both are based on the 1hr TF.

My total approach to try and catch anywhere from 50 to 200 pips per trade on my 1hr systems, especially in this volitile phase. My 1hr systems are based on top and bottom picking, so if I donā€™t get an entry on that and we are mid-move, then I go to Mad Scalper, to catch pullbacks on a trending move that I missed the start of.

So, Iā€™m not telling you that you need a 1hr system, but I can assure you there will be days when the market is moving and Mad Scalper aint giving jack. If you are interested you can look at my VSA thread. Thatā€™s one of my other systems used on 1hr down to 5min TF.

So, I guess my point is, yeah Mad Scalper is great for trending, but I would recommend a top/bottom picking, AKA counter trend, AKA range system along with it to maximize your timeā€¦and pips.