Mad Scalper

[QUOTE=revrobwimb;179635]Nice start Gravity…

How bout sharing that Trend Dashboard indy you have at the bottom of your chart?

That looks helpful.

Thanks
revrobwimb[/QUOTE]

thx…

Well i am trading m5 trend some longer time, but i spoted this thread, and joined in, plus i am using now this Pete indis, it is easier to trade…

Indi is in attachment…

I can say few things about it :slight_smile:
First of all forex for me it’s a game. Its not a game like shotters or other stuff witch requires not to think but just shoot your enemy before he shoots you.
Forex is veary serious game about numbers. Just think about it. If you take good entry you gain some numbers. Then again and again you gain more numbers and your numbers show how good you are. And what is the number? can you use it?
The numbers now a days in our society means a lot. you can use it to buy food or drink also clothes or a car you can go on vacation and what ever you want if you have enough numbers.
So forex is a game witch can help you to have more of those numbers witch is enough serious thing in our life. Isn’t it funny that all the people go to work every day and gain real money every month and if you trade forex you gain numbers witch you trade to money.

What about trading? Then i started to learn forex i thought that if you are good enough every moment you can analize and trade analize and trade. But no. Now I understand that it is even more simple.
First of all the trading plan. I have tested lots of systems in my learning proces and most of them is working fine but i had to find something that suits for me like this mad scalper system. Then you have to find out what is the criteria for entry and the rules have to be strict.
If you clearly understand the rules you have some kind of perfect entry like someone said in earlier posts. I have one pic with mine perfect entry and before trading I look at it to know what situation is good for me to enter the market (attachet :slight_smile: ) . And I am waiting like a hawk for it.
Then I see that the situation suits all the criteria I planned for the perfect entry I take it. It is that simple. And then I keep on rinsing and washing.
Since it is scalping system I need 10 - 15 pips. I can have more? Yeas but then I will bacome greedy and than is not good for my mindset. If I’m greedy i am doing mistakes and I dont want it.
So my plan is to get in cut the peace of cake and get out. And repeat it as mutch as the market can give to me. Then I am in trade I am on panick button cause i have strict rules about panick stop. why? becouse of fear. I had to have fear then i was in positive trade and this was not good to my trading. Now I am trying to help myself putting the fear to my bad trades not to good ones. And it works for me.
Then I close good trade it is happy feeling for me and I’m not hiding it. Why? becouse in every moment of life you have to feel something good. This is good encouragement.
If I take bad trade I’m not feeling bad. Why? becouse that entry turned not so perfect as I thought and I know that sooner or later merket will give me my perfect entry.
Few days ago I saw almost perfect entry but did not took it becouse it was almost. and 30 min later I got my perfect entry. So this is just matter of time. I just have to be patient.
So this is my simple plan with this simple and nice system but I have to say one more thing. It is not about slightly bending the rules. The rules must be strict. And I have to follow my trading plan. If I’m bending the rules all the time how can I know my perfect entry looks. If I dont know how it looks I’m in panick, then I’m in panick I’m making mistakes, then I’m making mistakes my numbers is in danger and I’m not as good as I can be! So no matter what I will trade my strict rules.

I dont know if it is usefull for you just wanted to share my thoughts about my trading. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the above post. That is very good information. When I am able to strictly follow the rules and wait for the perfect trade set-up I always do well. Sometimes I get too greedy and try to get more and more pips. The dangerous thing is that sometimes I am able to get a lot more pips…and then this makes me want to try and get more pips every time. Then too often I end up losing the pips I have…because I just KNOW it is going to give me more. If I can do what you are talking about here…just concentrate on 5-10-15 pips and getting out, I will be much better off.

[B]Great post![/B] :slight_smile:

anyone catch the GU n GY moves?

Thank you Pete and PTB for good words :slight_smile:

I had a lot of 20-25 pips trades using this method, and they are not hard to achieve if you enter in a perfect setup. To be honest, I don’t remember a trade that went 15 pips in positive using this method and reversed against me before reaching 20-25 pips.

50+ worth pips are easy to find on daily basis using these indicators (at least during last two weeks).

My problem with this method is the fact I keep bending the rules and I’m always punished, although there were few unlucky trades that reversed against me despite the good setup and I really could have benefited from not having them in this unlucky starting phase of my trading. I think some of them forced me to make poor entries just to brake even for a that specific day, only ending up more in negative. I’m slowly bleeding pips day by day and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to discipline myself. I can still keep it under control but if I have another week like this one, I will have to put forex on hold. :frowning:

Nice +15 on EU :slight_smile:

I earned 2X25 pips on this downtrend, but what’s the use when I got two negative 23-25 pips trades today also. :confused:

One thing is like this. There are moments in my life when I’m feeling bad about something. If I feel that I need a break I’m taking it. And there is no questions about it. During that break I can think about some things without stress and responsability. That always brings new strenght and new ideas. If you feel you need a break just take it its nothing special. Go out with your girl or friends have a bear or do what ever you want and dont think about trading. Have a good time until you can start everything again.

Second Thing is about self discipline. No one can discipline me. Exept Myself. Only I can order myself so hard that others can’t. Only I am boss of myself. And sometimes I need a kick to my bottom to gather things around me. I’m doing this all the time. I’m teaching myself to become something beter. If I’m feeling bad about my mistakes I become angry not to do it again. I’m talking with myself like a master and in other side listening like a student. Seriously, You can do what ever you want with your minds. You can teach yourself its not so hard but it gives a lot.

Try to think about what is good entry and what is a mistake and not to think about how much will you earn. And if you feel that you are bending the rules just try not to take that trade and see if it will be good. Remember that there will be millions of trades, market will give you lots of oportunitys to take a trade. You have all the time you want for it. And if your’e not taking one of the million trades thats nothing special about it
This is simple and anybody can do it so you can do it too :slight_smile:

Why don’t you post some pictures of your trades with vertical line where you entered? Maybe we can help.

LachieD, you can post your charts with trades, and we will analize your trades.together with you. It will help you for further trading .

Ps. jangie. That post is great.

I see this thread in future, will be one of the best in this seciton, great users who want to help are here.

Yes, a 3rd vote here for LachieD’s charts showing the trades, so we can better help.

You guys have made this thread what it should be…thanks. :slight_smile:

Ok, my last 4 stop loss trades. All stopped around -25 pips. 2 pips more or less.

It’s a coincidence my last 4 negative trades are sell.

Help me!

1. The first trade is late NY on a friday. I saw it when someone pointed it out, but I didnt take it…telling him that was the reason. Time of day, and a Friday…too risky.

2. Second trade is too close to a pivot support level I’m not sure why your chart isnt showing the S1, S2 label etc. but the green dashed line is there.

3. The third trade technically didnt break a rule, but you can see that the previous signal did not continue, and formed a double bottom, implying that the trend was dying out and may reverse. You want to see healthy pullbacks and continuations, or your trend is weakening. So, not technically a rule, but not picture perfect either…which is what you want to wait for to keep your probability highest.

4. Fourth trade, on GU, was during a Bank of England, Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) speach. …I checked. :slight_smile:

Hey Folks, I have a quick question for you guys about Stop Loss. I’m currently using Metatrader 4 and from what I have experienced there is no line bar that you can grab on the chart and move it up and down to adjust your clean breaks and stop loss / profit etc…

Does anybody have a solution for this? I know FXCM tradestation can do it and xtick software can adjust these levels.

It is painful to go to modify order and type it in and then submit the change order modification.

Thanks a lot,
Cameron

The main thing that I see is that they all had a good run down and were sitting on a MML. When they hesitate very long in one area they tend to lose the momentum that they once had. Sometimes they will eventually resume the trend and sometimes not. I would look at the larger time frames and see if they were hitting a fib or support/trendline. That MML is where Pete is looking to exit the trade…not enter. In a good breakout trend it is sometimes difficult to find a retracement to enter the trade. I entered on the 1 min on the gbpusd this morning because it wasn’t give me an entrance on the 5 min and it had a ways to go before it hit the next MML and it looked like the momentum. It gave me 20 pips. I went much further but I’m happy with +20. Just be wary of slow downs after a good run…and check carefully for fibs, support and resistance.

What’s the best website showing financial news for the day?

I recently learned a couple of handy tricks/tools for MT4.

Open your account history on closed trades. Click on a trade that you want to review. Drag and drop it on the chart of that trade. You will now have a marker showing the entry and exit. It’s great for reviewing exactly where the trade started and ended…great learning tool.

A quick way to bring up the cross hairs for your cursor is just click the scrolling wheel on your mouse…saves you from having to move to the top of the screen. Added bonus…put your cross hairs on a spot…click and drag to any other point in any direction and you will have 3 numbers showing. First number is the number of bars between the two points. Second (middle) number is the number of pips between the two points. Third number is the price at that spot.

PTB thanks for the tips! That is pretty cool!