Made 1000 pips last week using my trading systems

the only move i can see from this week is in gbp / usd but now is time to go out and it is possibly a win of 50 pips or so.

i cant see the other news have moved the pairs so mutch ?

best regards

Well, this week’s trading for me was basically based on my trend trading stratetgy which involved gbp/usd, gbp/jpy. Other pairs could have been traded as well but I tried to concentrate on those. If you look on daily charts or weekly charts you could see how long these pairs stayed in a range and they finally got out of it. So the trend began. In trends we have big opportunities to make a killing, make a pyramid of positions and go with a wind. eur/jpy is also a good example for trending pair. Stayed in a range for quite a period of time and then sailed down. Nice. Moved my gbp/usd stop to 1.5340 and reajusted my t.p. target for 1.5020 instead of 1.5120. We will see what happens. eur/usd rose up today, and stayed within a range of 260 pips this week. I hope it will continue falling, because nothing really changed in a disasterous situation with Europe. The problem is where to get in. If the pair starts falling and jumps off 1.3600 level by forming 123 pattern I will sell limit below that level. That’s it.

this week it looks like possible news trading in cas aud and possibly gbp :slight_smile:

will be intresting to see.

best regards

As of monday I will be looking at eur unemployment data. Pairs to watch:
eur/jpy, eur/aud, eur/cad (eur/usd?) I am more inclined that it will go down. eur/usd stayed withing a range last week, we have essential data from ECB this week, so the could be some ranging till thursday.

cad data should also be very interesting. My preferences are eur/cad, gbp/cad. But of course, channels are yet to be made and only then I will decide which pairs to choose. cad/jpy could also be a choice. We will see.

gbp also has manufacturing PMI, but I am not sure if I am going to trade it.

jpy has data of unemployment, but again I am unwilling to sit and wait till midnight.

I think it will be an interesting week. Most interested what banks officials will say when they announce interest rate decisions.
Good trading everyone.

eur and usd news there is alot of but after what i have seen there rarly move the pairs mutch maybe im whrong and i hope i am i shall be watching the pairs that you mentioned.

best regards

Yes, some news do not have immediate impact, but they are important as they usually give direction and price can start moving a few hours after the news or the next day especially if the news wasn’t a surprise. If there is a strong deterioration between the expected news and the real news then the market moves immediately and you can have some 200 pips move in 15 minute time. Sometimes what moves the price is not in a macroeconomic calendar. For example, today’s pound move, what was it based on? Well, I do not know, although I expected pound to fall. So, to basic rules that we use develop our own fundamental perspective on where the price is headed. OUR OWN. I LOVE THIS GAME. Maybe pound fall is about to end? We will see. Usually downtrend finishes with a very strong day down and then a very strong move day up on the same day, or the next.

Moved stop to 1.5380 and … t.p. at 1.5020 was hit. Great profit. :smiley:

Eur news produced some nice moves today in eur/usd and eur/jpy. eur/usd was much bettern. And cad news was simply awesome. One of the pair eur/cad which I singled out was spectacular. Great trade in that.

good to hear, i have not have time to look at it yet i will little later.

how do you trade if it move slow it starts to move 5 hours or a day after the news how do you trade those situations or you just dont ??

best regards

I do trade those type of situations. It is important to check if we have other important data coming and in which pairs. If the data today was essential and next day we have some medium data I would not be concerned so much with it. I care a lot about technical support and resistance levels. If they are broken I jump in. We had a nice situation in eur/cad on 02.23 when an important level 1.4230 was broken a day before the news. You can look at the attachment. So, if there is no news we can also trade, before the news (one day) and any time after the news. I have already written about it somewhere in the thread. Of course, there is a lot to say about that and I always have basic rules and some pre-intermediate ones. Likewise, I have my own way of looking at the market which I would call advanced rules. But maybe I would better call it advanced fundamental concepts. Rules are strict. Concepts are more abstract and choices based on them can be too flexible. It is not so easy to make a decision by following them, because my concepts maybe flawed and by following them I would be going in the wrong direction.

Yes have looked at it eur was a little suprise it was moving so mutch, but cad i had kind of expecting but i have only usd/cad and it moved 100 pips or so.

hope we have some movers tomorrow also :slight_smile:

best regards

O ja. I hope so too. Maybe later in the week as well.

Uploaded a video. Finally. Hope to continue doing them on a daily basis.

I expect eur/usd to bounce this or next week. More on that in my today’s video.

little disapointed today no great moves in the pairs from news.

maybe one shall whrote it down what moves like yesterdays news in eur

i shall look at the video today or tomorrow.

im glad you have start posting them again it is verry intresting

best regards

Well, I knew that the data was very important, but look, we have plenty of more data coming that is also extremely important. That is the reason the market is not moving so much. I expect it to start moving on thursday or friday, after all the news are announced. Of course, as I said I already have one small long in eur/usd, so ready for the pair to go up. Watching eur/cad and gbp pairs as well. Pound can bounce off even stronger. But I do not have any gbp longs yet. So a little patience. Day trading can have bad effect on the nerves. Relax and concentrate on the bigger picture.

Took one more small eur/usd long. Above 1.3700 level. Moved my stop of the previous trade to the plus zone. We will see what happens. Greeks are trying to cut their spending. Not so much I think, but a good step forward. Vivat Greece.

Hello Fibo777,
Did you publish your system?
I’m sorry, I could not find it here! thanks,

Hi, I have posted some pieces of my system as it is rather advanced. In reality I trade 3 systems, one for ranges, one for news, one for trends. All of them have their basics and the intermediate-advanced rules and concepts. So here, I am dealing with some basics droping some intermediate pieces as well. Every system would need a book to cover from a to z. So, it is not that easy to publish it here.

Best regards.

Waiting for news from ECB. Most probably nfp can also have some impact, so I am not overloaded.
I am closely watching nzd pairs. Could be that nzd is preparing for a dive. It will be clearer next week, I suppose. That’s when nzd interest rates will be announced.