Matty’s Money - Trades, Ideas and Info

CADCHF 1H - Price has formed a wedge, which is typically a bullish pattern, but this pair has been bearish for a few weeks now.

My bias on the weekly chart is still bullish though, based on MY analysis:

GBPUSD 1H - Price is sitting at a S/R level, so it could bounce up again anywhere within this blue area.

I hope you all caught this breakout:

AUDJPY 4H - Update.
Price broke through all support levels: Channel, monthly and daily. This is significant, but we’ll see next week whether it’s a false break or the start of a downtrend.

Weekly chart:

EURCHF 4H - Never thought I’d see myself long on this pair, but here we are:

Weekly chart - Price has been testing a strong SR level, so bulls beware, we might not be long for long, unless of course it breaks through this zone.

On vacation this week and next so no trades until I return.

I am still studying though…no rest for the wicked!

A shout out to @Johnscott31, I’ve been looking through your website, great info and lots of new content. I am looking forward to testing out your Harami Inside bar breakout strategy when I get back.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

@MattyMoney

Thanks for the shout out.

My SEO skills suck so it’s real nice when someone gives my site a plug hopefully bringing in new readers.

My approaches to the market aren’t mainstream - but I’ve had a decent amount of success and am happy to share.

Have a great vacation

2 Likes

Here’s a couple good examples of trading breakouts.

As a matter of fact, I have 2. One that just passed and one in progress (possibly).

Here’s a breakout of a triangle pattern that just passed:

And currently, two patterns, ascending wedge and another triangle:

Not sure how the 2nd pic will turn out, I pulled it off my mobile TradingView app.

That’s great, I can find hundreds of trend line in the past that are great trades; but back to main topic, I don’t see the relationship of your breakout trade entry and the concept of Strong Weak as presented by Dennis.

Does it exist?

Ah, gotcha now. No relation, that’s why I moved it from Dennis’s thread, lol.
Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Ah, there you go with the nice guy routine, :heart_eyes: making my eyes tear up and all

Have a great week trading , :innocent:

1 Like

This stock is killin’ it! I went in with a few shares at $19.318…

AUDCAD 1D - This pair is in between monthly and daily SR levels:

Looking at the weekly chart, if that monthly SR level is rejected then we might see a swing up to that strong 0.9664 SR area:

AUDJPY 4H - This is a working example of the type of technical analysis I like to do on my charts (mostly 4H now). This may seem over-complicated to some, but it’s a passion of mine, which is why there are so many different components.

What I look for is the following:

-Trend Direction (higher time frames).

-Support/Resistance levels (lines) on monthly (blue line, visible on all time frames), weekly (black line, only visible on weekly charts), daily & 4H (black line, visible on daily & 4H charts).

-Support/Resistance zones on (blue zones around SR levels on higher time frames).

-Consolidation patterns for breakout opportunities, such as triangles, wedges, ranges (rectangles), channels on 1H & 4H.

-Supply & Demand zones on 1H & 4H - I usually use these zones for my target price.

For an overall view of what the pair has done and to speculate on where price might go, I turn to the weekly chart for analysis:

Not all of this factors into every trade, but there is clearly enough info here that I can mix and match certain components, which helps let me place trades with confidence.

The goal is to settle down and start focusing instead of testing new strategies every other week. My passion for this business and for learning new things tends to get in the way of this.

Have a great weekend!

USDJPY 4H - This week I’ll be watching for a short on this pair. I’m looking for a breakout of that 4H SR zone, as well as that triangle pattern. Target will be the 104.14 area:

On the monthly view, this pair has fallen below my monthly SR level and looks like it could continue south to the 100.65 range:

AUDCAD 4H - price is at the Monthly S level. It has also formed a descending wedge, which is typically a bullish pattern. We might see price range in this area for a while, but then I expect a move up.

Why up, you ask? Because I think it’s going test the Daily SR level again, maybe several times before making its move (I predict lower, .914 weekly level).

Weekly:

Gold 4H - Looking to break out of this pattern soon:

My small short position was picked up on this breakout. Let’s see if it hits my target:

Caught this one early:

Price dropped below support on that wedge pattern briefly, but quickly retraced. I’m looking for an upside breakout of this wedge, with my target being the Daily SR. If it bounces off the SR Area then expect a continuation of the wedge pattern.