MEP ELECTIONS - BREXIT Party - Competent people who know how to do a deal

Or perhaps by the “Environmental reputation” of Diesel engines - in the west !

Lol, many years ago I read a book by a retired US Army psychiatrist - you know the guy - “the road to etc”

Anyways he met a very rich business person, multi millionaire, made it from scratch.

The one thing that struck the author - the businessman still believed that the wolf was at the door - i.e he could lose it all in a flash.

I’ve been nervous about many things in the past but one thing that Brexit, Nigel Farage, all the MEP’s combined, the Tories, the Labour party indeed all elements of UK - none of these things will ever make me nervous of trading with my neighbours :slight_smile:

And there is another thought - I have always driven petrol (Gas) cars.

In 2018 I finally chose diesel - car tax dropped from £150 p.a. to £30 p.a for the exactly same merc model - strange.

Yeah that’s odd but it was a “Tax thing” to encourage “Scrappage” ? I think ? I Pay around £250 tax for my Diesel - And the fuel is dearer too ! But the mpg is good and the engines are reputed to be good for 500,000 miles.

I had the discussion once with someone with a little high revving engine that it would need replacing 2 or 3 times whilst mine would still be fine - this “Enviromental cost benefit” stuff gets quite" not INtuitive" when you start looking at the detail.

I’ve had 4 mercs now - I will Not have another !

We’re not ALLOWED to make ANY trade deals at the moment - EU Says not ! and our "Negotiating Team" accepts that !

Mays Treaty is in severe danger of leaving us in that state indefinitely and if she prostrates herself to Corbyn That will become Permanent ! (Permanent Customs Union )

That situation tickles me - SHe is a Remainer arguing to “Leave” - He is a dyed in the wool “EuroSceptic” dating back to his days as Tony Benn’s Bag Carrier - And yet the “Islington Labour Elites” have made him abandon his principles and argue for remaiin !

I had him down as a Man of principle - Sad to see them make him change into “One of them” so late in his career ! :cry:

And rightly so mate - Nobody’s going to stop and search in case you’re smuggling a case of Brie ! :smiley:

Aye, it’s sad to see - I suppose the lure of power.

I often wonder how Tony Benn would think, or indeed Scargill - these were men of principle whether you agreed with them or not - mostly i agreed with them :slight_smile:

I don’t know ! Jezzer seems to be almost imune to the tactics the “Islington Labour” types are employing against him - and gained his position completely against the odds and to their total Horror !

If I was in his position, looking at the results of that “Local” - I think I’d keep coming up with “Just give me this one more concession” - Keep her drooling until the MEP Elections - then tell her it was a “No go” After Farage has bent her over the proverbial dustbin ! (Trash can)

Better to mortally wound the Tories and take limited Damage yourself - so as to be "Top-dog going into the General Election (With the “Farage Wild Card” thrown in for sh*ts and giggles )

I just se no advantage to Labour of colluding with her “Honestly” in this negotation - How do you see it ?

[Edit - I suppose that assumes Labour WANT to WIN ! - but Perhaps the lure of continuing the “corrupt little Two Party Game” may well be better from a Game Theiory point of view, Leaving the "Brexit Party struggling to get the “Deplorables” (to quote Hilary) wound up enough to embrace a vision of a Decent Futureand probably unable to reach critical mass for the General Election , Than “Killing your opponent” and running the risk of Walking into an Honest opponent who will not “Play the game” - Ending up in that Scary place (Proportional Representation) ! ]

Fylde - Today (4th May)

What superb candidates - What speeches - whether form the Doctor putting to rest the “Project Fear” rubbish about medicines, The Lawyer Lady, The IChap who is a REAL Entreprenneur - Or the lady Around minute 35 to 45 who really puts the beast into Parliament !!

I would ask any of you Remainers to spend a little time in listening to the realities and principles - rather than just dancing around with your fingers in your ears chanting - “Nah nah Na NA Nah” !

Yes WE knew what WE were voting for. WE are NOT stupid, Naive, nor “confused” - I think it’s time for YOU to actually put down your facebook “infeed” and start to THINK ! - Listen !
Then come back to the human race !

I don’t know where you can stop posting about this rally ! - Claire Fox calling on the dead of Peterloo - AND with good reason !

The Danish Guy tells us how in 1992 - the Danes hAD A Referendum the EU didn’t like - so they were made to “Go and Vote again - to get it right” ! - superb speech !

[Mr Farage says "They can whistle Dixie for their £39 Billion ! " :rofl:]

THIS is what i’s all about !

10 minutes - of how Nous feel !

I read in one of the papers today a possible scenario:

Lab/Con will agree a customs union valid only until the next General Election - would mean UK participating in the EU elections but the MEP’s not getting to take their seats.

Liam Fox could then take it easy since the EU will do all negotiating on trade deals up ahead and he def needs a little rest :slight_smile:

Sounds far fetched enough to possibly come true.

Of course, Labour don’t really want to collude with any Conservative policies, let alone this one - look what happened to the last party to collaborate with them - where is Nick Clegg now? But they couldn’t help themselves from slapping Theresa May for not opening discussions with them. Though once she had asked for their input, suddenly they had nothing to add.

It was a ‘leak’ to the Sunday Times - Labour are blaming the PM for the leak and John McDonnell has today been critical of the PM for leaking but didn’t deny the story.

He did mention however that the leak could derail the discussions, so still a lot of distance to go.

But the next General Election is 3 years away - MEPs would be sitting Long before that !
[Edit - sorry I see now that as soon as the “Scabs” (Scargill word there ? ) got that through, the MEPs would stop attending. - I wonder whether they would still get paid right up until the next election and I assume their exemption from UK Income tax for life would remain intact though, as would their "EU Pensions " ? . Sounds like a great package to me ! ]

She can’t bring it forward because Tories would get annihilated at the Election. The more so when Farage and Widdicombe and Tice etc etc etc start hammerring away at them with a view to taking them down and taking the Country to PR - so as to keep these Career Politicians on the leash ! in future.

Having said that I just heard something similar supposedly from Channel 4 News !

But Labour are professing anger at May for “Leaking” (Apparently she is allowed - but nobody else is ! ) - So the question arises as to whether Labour can TRUST her
Which is a bit rich cming from teh Party of Tony Blair and Alistair Campbell ! - But it does confirm what the rest of the Electorate are saying and WHY Mr FArage is standing at these Elections in the first place !

Bear in mind these Elections and the £100 million cost were Entirely foreseeable and avoidable - All Treason May had to do - was to keep her word - repeated 108 times "We will be leaving EU on 29 March - Deal or no Deal " !

Theresa May’s only job now in No.10 is to keep Jeremy Corbyn out.

@peterma

I’ve just seen today’s Express which does seem to confirm this and also says that "Wealthy Remainers are busy behind the scenes trying to get ‘Brexiteers’ Deselected !"

So now they’re kicking the ball off the field into the long grass so it can quietly deflate.

What a shame we don’t have the emotional stability of the French !

If they Do this - I’ll vote Brexit at the next GE - If they don’t stand - You will have a massive vote FOR Corbyn - I and everyone I can influence will vote Against tories at every opportunity including maximum damage by voting FOR Labour ! I
Any opportunity I have. AM not alone !

If my Country will not stand by the biggest democratic vote in our history, what is the point in me taking a “grown upview” when my country won’t honour it’s own commitments to me and the rest of the 17.4 million !

I will never vote Labour again. I was unimpressed with Gordon Brown as leader but was prepared to just stand aside until a suitable leader came forward again. But I can never trust the party again after they voted Jeremy Corbyn in.

As for another Brexit vote, I don’t feel a need to vote again but I wouldn’t oppose a second referendum. I’m unsure which way I would vote given an In/Out choice. I would probably not vote.

You CAN Trust “Treason May” after the strings of lies and duplicitousness she has insulted our intelligence with ?

I too think Corbyn would be very bad for certain sections of our country - I will deliberately vote for him !

They would never in a million years leave any credible “Leave option” on the card !

WHy would you trust them to honour it any more than they have done with the last one ?

We have already had a referendum. We don’t need another - Denmark and Eire both voted NO to Maastricht and BOTH were told to go away and vote agin until they "Got the right answer !
Netherlands and France - just ignored their “No” referenda.

This is about integrity and truth and Democracy

Like I said, I probably wouldn’t vote in a second referendum so you can take it I don’t exactly fully trust the political process.

I would like to vote Labour again in order to get the Conservative government to do something constructive - sort of scare them. But the risk that Jeremy Corbyn might actually win and become PM is too frightening, the risk is too high. Better a bad Tory government than any Marxist government.