MEP ELECTIONS - BREXIT Party - Competent people who know how to do a deal

Maybe we’ve joined them already - a 80yr old lady in terrible pain just endured 24hrs on a hospital trolley - no beds and no docs.

Btw the term ‘Eire’ is seldom used nowadays - mostly only by Gaelic speakers.

Ireland’s ‘Celtic Tiger’ has made a comeback, the main reason for success was the work ethic - get head down and work, work, work.

Apologies, now getting more BP messages that I’m hogging the thread - have a good weekend :slight_smile:

Edit: is a UK hosp

Interesting comment about the title “Eire”. I was taught at school that the republic was called “Eire”, the idea was that the word “Ireland” being an English word was therefore possibly impolite to Irish people.

However, nobody says Eire any more. The media etc. use “The Republic of Ireland”, while Northern Irish just call it “the South”. Why did this change?

Aye, that’s old school, last time I heard Ireland called Eire was in the 60’s. (there is an old map used in most UK schools which identify Ireland as ‘Eire’)

In soccer it’s called ‘The Republic of Ireland’, in rugby it’s ‘Ireland’, in the North it’s just the ‘South’ while the rest of the world we are just what we always have been - Ireland.

The division between UK and Ireland is also old school, many commercial vehicles on Irish motorways are nowadays UK reg.

1 Like

96% Turnout ?
20,000 out of 22,000 will vote Brexit Party ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=005kRm2VhwI

Seems the Brits are well pissed off !

What the F*** will happen if she gets her disaster through and cancels the Elections ?

warren Buffet is ready to invest in Britain ! - Yesterday !

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/8950695/warren-buffett-promises-uk-investment/

So much for Project Fear !

"Head of Trade at the Office of National Statistics" - resigns from job he loves (Civil SErvant) - James Wells is standing for MEP as another absolute prize for the Brexit Party !

Brexit in Newport yesterday (30th May)

INspirng speeches by people who really care !

Well the Tories were tipped to lose 1000 seats at the local elections if things went very badly for them.

But with no Brexit candidates due to the time being too short and very few UKIP they were not panicking too much as We Independence desirers would have nobody to vote for !

Well I voted Green - just lent them the vote for a couple of weeks then Nigel can have it back when the MEP elections come up !

Others seem to have a similar idea - WE cost them over 1300 seats ! :grinning:

Labour got a smacking too but onlt to the tune of around 80 seats I think.

I feel quite sad for the Greens and Lib Dems really - they think they did well and people are taking them seriously ! Ah bless ! :wink:

Now we think the Silly Mare is so desparate she is considering the "Customs Union Kiss of Death" demanded by Labour - So that would mean the Final betrayal of Brexit - we would then be unable to trade with the rest of the world - ie 85% of world trade would be denied to us - which is one of the major reasons for dumping this shower !

Foreign Investment Floods into Britain through 2018 - only China and USA do better. We got more than Germany Spain and Italy Combined according to OECD Figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URby6So_Fdo

PROJECT FEAR Shown up again ! - (Oh and you Yanks - Please stop sending your “Democrats” over here to threaten us - That Pelosi woman did an Obama type threat on us a couple of weeks ago ! - Please tell her to keep her beak out ! )

Treason May - HAS to go ! NOW.

Always appreciate your take on your politics in the UK, as I am not very trusting of the
main stream media’s take here in the US.
It seems both are countries are on the edge…

1 Like

Thank you Stan

It’s quite important to me mate - I was brought up in “John Wayne Culture” of Being true to your word, decency, integrity, truth and trust.

I detest our new pompous and “Entitled” Political classes with a vengeance - especially the lies and deception by being untruthful.

Nigel Farage is your hope, and mine, for a sane UK.

1 Like

N.Ireland’s largest manufacturing employer is Canadian Company Bombardier, based in Montreal - they make aircraft parts here.

From EU Commission site:
CETA is a new trade agreement between the EU and Canada.

It cuts tariffs and makes it easier to export goods and services, benefitting people and businesses in both the EU and Canada.

That company announced this week that they have put their NI business up for sale, that will mean no UK presence for Bombardier.

From NY Times on Feb 18 this year:
Honda Confirms Plan to Leave Britain as Brexit Looms

From the Manchester Evening News on Feb 5th this year:

Car giant Nissan has announced that it has scrapped plans to make its new diesel X-Trail model in Sunderland.

Production will instead be switched to Japan, in a move that many people think has been driven by the prospect of Brexit.

By coincidence the new EU_Japan trade deal was announced this year.

The thing is Liam Fox (UK Trade minister) announced that making trade deals is easy peasy, - but the only one made so far is with CHF and it is pretty rubbish.

Yeah I saw Bombardier was selling up.

Guardian Newspaper:
The former Ukip leader has the highest earnings outside the European parliament of any of Britain’s 73 MEPs, according to a report by Transparency International.

Nigel Farage hates the EU and everything associated with it, therefore he will stand for re-election to that body.

Lol He’s a businessman - He gets loads of speaking engagements and after his input into Donald Trump - He is in a great position. PLUS he’s actually quite entertaining !

Didn’t know you were a Guardianista ! :wink:

So he’s not YOUR hope then…:wink:

Lol - No our @peterma is a confirmed Bremainer ! But he trades across the Irish border, so you can see he might be a little nervous at the moment. :smiley:

I suppose you,ve seen the vids of Mr Farage taking the mickey out of them in his speeches @cigarmanstan ?

I’m a business person, I have no hopes - just numbers.

It’s purely business :slight_smile: