Millennial vs. Gen X Traders: Who’s More Active on BabyPips.com?

There are at least five generations of people actively posting and sharing their trading experiences on the BabyPips forums - each one with unique characteristics.

Do you ever stop and think about the ages of people you come across and interact with in the community? Well, we also got curious!

During our latest giveaway, we asked you: Which generation do you belong to?

And you guys have answered!

It looks like a good portion of the BabyPips.com community are Gen X-ers (1975- 1985).

Did you already have a feeling that Gen X would lead the poll?

10 Likes

i am quite surprised that there are a lot of gen z members. i wonder how young is the youngest member here.

2 Likes

I honestly thought Millennials would win :joy:

1 Like

They might have if an earlier starting year was used for the Millennial generation.

Things get even more complicated for millennials—a group the olds have tried to define (and shun) seemingly for years: Nielsen Media Research pegs the group to the years 1977-1995, PricewaterhouseCoopers defined it as 1980-1995, Time magazine used 1980-2000, and the reality show Survivor set it as 1984-1997.

Pew settled on 1981-1996 based on a few key criteria: from their understanding of the “historical signficance” of the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, to their role in sending Barack Obama to the White House in 2008, to their comfort and adaptability when it comes to technology. (The next generation has grown up in an “always on” environment, Dimock writes, the implications of which are still unclear.)

Source: What Is a Millennial? Birth Year Guidelines Set for How to Identify Generations

yes i never realize there are young members in here…my son is 17 i think he can join babypip also…he have been demo trading since end of last year…it will be usefull for him :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Or maybe we of d’un certain age :slight_smile:

I was sure that Generation X will win the poll. :space_invader:

1 Like

Gen Z is the marketing hype problem. Getting these kids to invest their money in trading should be a crime.

I don’t say they cannot do it, just saying that this game comes with life experience, hence the fact that Gen X is the highest.