Million Dollar Pips

HOTFOREX seems like it killed MDP… SINCE YESTERDAY. i switched my MDP to my SMARTTRADEFX account and no broker rejects. now my problem is to wide spreads… i might go with GOMARKETS…

THIS IS BECOMING PAINFUL… all this to get an EA to work…

so no fix i can find. look for another broker…

HI Folks,

i am a bit new to all of this and signed up for MDP last night (plus only joined forum this morning) so go easy on me!

can i just check i have had 3 trades on MDP overnight and all were profitable, i did not change any default settings…is this what i should have got? or do i need to change things?

what broker?

i had 6 trade today 3 winners 3 losers net +9 pips

Hi Jonny,
can you publish your MDP setup?
I have MDP with Thinkforex demo but didn’t trade since 3 days.
Thank you.

For some reason when I backtest my mdp I get no results, none at all, fr however long… Anyone have any ideas why this could be?

okay here are my setting again. I am running 1.1.6

numbers order level 0
additional channels 8
slippage 3
max simultaneous orders 3
fifo false
funky exit true
risk 2

so far no trades for today

Hi Johnni, we always like your post here about forex. It’s very useful post.

Can MDP work on an account with say 100 USD?I have an account with 100 USD. im using the default settings.

golgotha18,

I think the vendor/bot-writer recomended a minimum of 150 USD, but in either case trade with micro lots and risk set below the default settings (currently set to 2% in version 1.2). 0.5% or so is better in current markeds.

Hey Wired, how’d you go with the vps? I read on gomarkets website that their trading servers are located in Sydney and the vps was in Sydney too…

Anyway are you making in cash with MDP? I’m in Aus and looking to do the same as you.

Wolfy.

Question regarding my new VPS for MDP. I was using MDP on my home computer with FinFx as the broker. I am in the western part of the USA so the distance to FinFx demo severs is very far. But, my latency was actually very good. Based upon the advice in this thread I opened an account with ForexVPS, UK branch to be close to FinFx. Today, I experienced my first trades (MDP has been quiet lately) and the latency was just about the same as from my home computer. FinFx told me that the latency from ForexVPS was about 35 ms. The trades occured at about 450 ms, which is the same I had with my home computer. Any ideas why it wasn’t faster??

Ok, I figured this out for myself by contacting FinFx. This is something we all have to watch out for so I am posting what they told me. Their main live and demo servers are in Finland but their back up live and demo servers are in Las Vegas Nevada which is a very long ways from Finland. They are now using their back up demo server so that is why my latency from my home computer (I live reasonable close to Las Vegas) is very good and the VPS I am using is about the same even though it is in the UK, since they have faster connections, etc. So that is why I am experiencing about the same delays in execution. Problem is, I can’t find out what it really is for a live account unless I go live and sometimes they will be using the backup live server in Las Vegas which could cause a mess. A real mess overall.

I’ve been looking for an automatic trading system and as far as I understand this is one way to go. What do I need in order to start using this MDP strategy? Can I use it from my home computer? As you see I’m new to all this :slight_smile:
Happy trading

It is one way to go but not the only way. Even though I highly recommend this one you should make sure you read about other systems featured here at babypips. You could try to use it from your home computer but the latency (time travel to your broker) will probably be very high and this EA is very dependant upon latency. It goes into trading “frenzy’s” that depend upon making lots of trades in a very short period of time. If you buy it you can try it on your home computer and the system will tell you what the latency is once it starts opening orders.

I have been using FinFx on my home computer and since the FinFx demo server is close to my home it has a very good latency time. If you buy this and have trouble getting started just post here and one of us will assist you in getting it up and running.

My results have been better than any EA I have owned or developed (I have been developing EA’s for my personal use for about three years) so I think it is quite impressive and would recommend you try it.

Here are my results with FinFx for a period of three weeks using between 1.5 and 2.0% risk on a demo account and my home computer: Starting capital $7,813 ending capital $12,450 for an increase of 59.3%. The third week ended last Wednesday and since then it has been a little quiet except for today I got 6 trades all winners so that would add to the above total.

Hope this helps a llittle bit

I assume Finfx is located in Finland and since I live in Finland it would be convenient. If i have MDP on my local computer do I only have to have MT open an MBP running and wait for it to make trades or do I need something else?

Yes, FinFx is located in Finland. If you install MDP on MT and then set the parameters correctly it will automatically open trades when the conditions are met. This is the nature of a Expert Advisor. Make sure you use it on a demo account so you can play with the settings before going live with it. Also, make sure that the trading conditions offered to you through Finfx are the same as they are for a US based customer like myself. It is always possible that if you have an account that falls under the rules and laws of Finland that you may get a different offering than I got. Just make sure before you start trading. If you do get MDP here are the settings I have been using for my FinFx trading account that produced the results I posted earlier:

Num Orders = 1
Additional Channels = 3
Slippage = .5
Maximum Orders = 8
Fifo = False (only need to worry about this if you have a US based broker so leave it false for FinFx)
Funky = True
Risk = 1.5% (be careful not to run into problems with leverage)
Auto Apply ECN = True (FinFx is a ECN broker)
Risk Mode Comp Pips = True
Group Orders = False
Trailing Resolution = .5
Use Stop Orders = True
Hard Stop Trailng = True

You can start out with those settings and then experiment. They work for me.

Good luck on your trading.

Did you try it with live account at Finfx? It didn’t work for me (latency approx 30ms, VPS in UK). The live account behaves differently than the demo. Every second trade closed far behind its SL, so slippage not acceptable for this EA. Just my experience with MDP at FinFX.

Thanks for letting me know that you had a problem with FinFx live with mdp. So, where did you end up with your live mdp and how is it working??

MDP vendor suggested to use Thinkforex, but I haven’t tried it yet. So currently I’m not trading the mdp.