Million Dollar Pips

Hello Piotr,

0.0005 is greater than 0.0003 which is why it has failed? Think this means your broker will not allow a stop loss as close to the opening trade as MDP requires. Someone else may know better though.

Chris

is the ability to manually configure the stop loss in MDP

There a some settings for the stops explained in the manual. Have a read through those and see if you can change them to suit your broker.

I mean, the question whether this is wrong (! ECN failed Entry Conditions: stop level (0.0005)> 0.00030), do I have to change something

Yes I think you do. You either need to change some of the stop settings in MDP or change to a broker that is more suitable for MDP.

I set Use_stop_orders to false, but nothing has changed. What else should I change the settings.
I do not want to change the broker.

I trade forex for more than a year and now I decided to give a try to a few robots after reading a lot about them (good and bad stuff).
Most of the tests I see are with demo accounts and most of the robots work fine in that environment so I feel no need to test them further under those conditions.
I decided to jump straight to the real thing running 3 robots in the same account live and, for a start, near the minimum risk of each robot.
Iā€™m running MT4 over the XTB broker (variable spread and 5 digits precision) in a rather fast VPS.

The test is going to start this monday and the robots are:

• MegaDroid v 1.38 running EURUSD H1 with 0,4 risk (default values)
  • Million Dollar Pips v 1.2.0 running EURUSD M1 with 2% risk (default risk but force close on fridays)
  • Wall Street Robot v 3.9 running 7 pairs - EURUSD, GBPUSD and USDJPY with 5% risk and USDCHF, USDCAD, NZDUSD and AUDUSD with 2% risk (since these last 4 are those that the author claim to be more risky).
  • planning to give a try later to both Smart Fx robots (not decided yet)

Everything running at the same account, at the same time.
Call me crazy but I hope it can be fun.

Iā€™ll let you know how things are going.
Fingers crossed for now.

wow im curious to see results from your experiment.
and what broker are you going to use, type of account, any VPS?

thanks

So am I !!
As stated in my post Iā€™m using XTB broker with a variable spread account and a 5 digit accuracy.
My VPS is in a private operator with a high connection rate to a backbone so I expect very small delays when placing orders.
Letā€™s see, because Iā€™m tired of seeing virtual guys stating virtual profits.
If it works letĀ“s go get the profits, otherwise Iā€™ll stop the losing EA/pair.

Is it true that for using mdp i need to have a good broker with small spreads and fast excecution?

I signed up with HotForex today and opened a live currenex account.

Iā€™m in Belgium and the HF server is in Holland which is just across the border so iā€™m close enough (i hope) to get a good connection. When I ping their server i have an average response time of 10ms.

Hope the order execution is good as well.

First I have backtested the EA and the results were just awesome.
The settings, except for the risk setting, didnā€™t change much to the results.
Next I let it run for a couple of weeks on a HF curr demo account.
Those results were not as good. (more losses than wins)
But it looks like there were some connection problems with the demo server.
Soā€¦???
Hopefully it will do better on the live account.

Dec 7th MDP tried to place orders but they were rejected by the broker because of too many attempts.
This was with the standard setting of 8 orders. MDP advised to lower this setting.
I did set it to 2 orders (grouped) and today at 12:03 GMT it placed a sell order good for 7 pips profit.
Just sharing.

Yes you do St Sara.
I signed up with HotForex today and opened a currenex account.
A currenex account has very small spreads.
Iā€™m in Belgium and the HF server is in Holland which is just across the border so iā€™m close enough (i hope) to get a good connection. When I ping their server i have an average response time of 10ms.
If youā€™re further away you can best use a VPS (Virtual Private Server). Just google this and you will find enough of them, and there are some mentioned in this post.

Hope this helps.

Soā€¦million dollar pips still running well?

"Yes you do St Sara.
I signed up with HotForex today and opened a currenex account.
A currenex account has very small spreads.
If youā€™re further away you can best use a VPS (Virtual Private Server). Just google this and you will find enough of them, and there are some mentioned in this post.

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently
"
10 ms is not too bad at all

hi,

which means:
Avg Close Slip.:0 (signed):0

Iā€™m with HotForex too and Iā€™m considering buying this EA. But Iā€™ve noticed a lot of traders that used MDP on HF had some problems with long execution times up to 20seconds:15:

thatā€™s a vps problem rather than a broker one. the location of your trading machine affects the execution times.

yes, when it comes to ms, not s :wink: from here to elsewhere takes 1/10 sec. with dsl. any vps should do it faster than 20 sec.

Hi,
not really. Iā€™ve got VPS nearly 5ms from HF server, but still get too many requotes.