Million Dollar Pips

Thanks for your reply! Switching over to a hotforex currenex account :slight_smile:

nice, please keep us posted with your progress, i would like to know how does that EA performs with that broker.

do you have any vps service?

thanks

Not yet, Iā€™ve got a PC thats always on for trading. My latency to the hotforex server is 78ms, is that any good or do you suggest I switch over to a VPS service? Still on a demo account btw.

for what iā€™ve been reading i think you should get a vps because MDP is a fast EA and need short response time. But i dont own this EA so take my suggestion it as a grain of salt :wink:

MDP author William email me version 1.1.6, I backtest from 21-Nov-2011 to 9-Jan-2012,and the result is very different
with version 1.2. Anybody have try it yet?

no I did not backtest it. because of the sensitivity of the market and the broker, a backtest for this EA is hard to trust.
in another side, back testing both version can be interesting.
did you test with 99% quality?
what was the result between the 2 versions?

The risk for version 1.1.6 and 1.2.0 is 9% with USD200 deposit backtest from 21-Nov-2011 to 9-Jan-2012
Here is the result.

MDP 1.1.6

MDP 1.2.0

interestingā€¦ but its a backtest with only 24.93% of quality.
Iā€™m sure that youā€™ll find some trade crossing multiple days due to the lack of quality in the source data.
if you run the previous version, I will be interested by a real life resultā€¦ compared to the 1.2

I found an account in myfxbook which still use MDP 1.1.6; there is a big difference in december. only 3 trades
while I got 18 trades with mdp 1.2
but I donā€™t know whatā€™s the setup. Iā€™m conservative.

Iā€™m currently using FXPrimus ECN account liveā€¦I just bought MDP 1.2 and never tested liveā€¦So, at least backtest result from older version seems more promisingā€¦currently running MDP 1.1.6 for today onwardsā€¦

Yes, the results appear to be better; but donā€™t trust a back test with 24% of quality. trust only 99% back test quality results or forward demo or real account tests.
what I like in the v1.2 is the group order option which greatly reduced the number of execution between MT4 and the broker. because in a real account youā€™ll suffer performance issue you donā€™t have in demo accounts, grouping the orders have improve the results for me.
imagine this scenario : you open 8 trades (default setting) each open take around 400ms (a good performance), 8 * 400 = 3.2sec! a huge impact for MDP. Then there is trailing stop to change and close orders to run; again 8 times is requiredā€¦ and again a huge impact on the final result.
so the grouping order and a max orders of 2 is very good; larger lots, but improved accuracy and control on the trades.

ā€œIā€™m currently using FXPrimus ECN account liveā€¦I just bought MDP 1.2 and never tested liveā€¦So, at least backtest result from older version seems more promisingā€¦currently running MDP 1.1.6 for today onwards.ā€

Cool, please report your results on this test.

I have change to MDP 1.2ā€¦ Lost USD 15.96 on 11 Jan 2012ā€¦ :49:

Several posters have made the point that good tight spreads are required for the profitable use of MDP. Interested to see what people consider to be a tight spread as well as the offering brokers. Additionally how do requotes affect the operation of MDP? My understanding is that in periods of high volatility there will often be requotes ie spreads widen. Any comments appreciated.

PS Iā€™m using FXCM. Their EURUSD 3pip spread seems excessive for use with MDP.

everybody lost the 11.
but there is another batch which was profitable for near everybody just after.
and the latest batch was a yes/no, no consistent results from what I can see on forums.

right, lower spread better results. I have an FXOpen ECN account and the spread is low (between 0.3 and 0.9) (but there is a commission)
so you can win an additional pip on each trade.

for sure the requotes kills MDP!
I try a broker with incredible requotes, it was a disaster.

I heard that an instant execution broker is better for MDP. but you have to insure its not a dealing desk one, but an DMA (direct market access) one. which is like an ECN: DMA (Direct Market Access) | DMA Forex brokers
the advantage is if the price is too far away from the requested price (slippage), the trade is cancelled, so the advantage for MDP, it try to open a trade at a specific price but i the market move too quickly, then instead of having a bad trade, the trade is cancelled.
its what I heard, but not tested or compared.

another great page to help you choosing a broker:
Spreads | Myfxbook

for sure 3pips is in the top of the spreads available.
I have to test Exness

Thanks for the Spreads link. Explains all.
Given FXCMā€™s spreads Iā€™ll look for another broker for volume trading

Iā€™m think of using ThinkForex because like the idea of using their vps. Iā€™m supposing this would minimise latency issues. Also noted that they have an Australian support line.

Any opinions on this broker appreciated

Another possibility is a commission style broker such as FXOpen ECN, although still need to make further invustigations.

Iā€™ll be interested in your assessment.

Also, has anyone a list of brokers who do not do Requotes? They are the only ones that would be on my list for using aan EA.

wellā€¦ sometimes they donā€™t have the best VPS serviceā€¦
here a list of latencyā€¦
Latency to popular brokers from our Traderā€™s VPS
you can see that some brokers can have a good latency even when its not free :wink:

Another great link

thanks

Noted that Think Forex comes up well for UK