Million Dollar Pips

I do not suffer any requotes with FXOpen ECN and with Alpari.

but remember, a requote can be caused by a too big slippage…
so if you ask for a max slippage of 0.5 but the price move higher then this, you’ll suffer a requote, while in ECN the order will be executed, even if there is a bad price finally…
at least the requote can save you from bad price… or if MDP just try to run it again without any reevaluation of the condition… become worst :wink:
not sure here…

Hi,

I have a problem. I am getting these error messages in the journal when I try to use the MillionDollarPips bot.

2012.01.21 18:34:52 2012.01.20 11:02 MillionDollarPips (ANY PAIR + NO DLL) EURUSD,M1: ERROR SELLSTOP : 1.29196 SL:1.29266 TP:1.29131
2012.01.21 18:34:52 2012.01.20 11:02 MillionDollarPips (ANY PAIR + NO DLL) EURUSD,M1: OrderSend error 130
2012.01.21 18:34:52 2012.01.20 11:02 MillionDollarPips (ANY PAIR + NO DLL) EURUSD,M1: Bid:1.29240 Ask:1.29250 avgSpread:0.00010 Commission rate:0.00005 Real avg. spread:0.00015 Lots:10.00 HIGH SPEED MAX
2012.01.21 18:34:52 2012.01.20 11:02 MillionDollarPips (ANY PAIR + NO DLL) EURUSD,M1: 2012.01.20 11:02 tick:046

Is there someone who can help me get rid of this?
I am running default settings.

does your account is ECN based?
I think the SL is too close and rejected by the broker.
try changing the option use_stop_orders to false.

No, my account is not ECN-based. Can that be the problem?

no, not a problem.
in market execution (ECN based accounts) the SL and TP must be placed after the trade has been placed, which could explain the message, but MDP normally detects this and act correct.
you are certainly in instant execution mode, where the SL and TP can be placed at the same time you open the trade.
maybe the SL or TP is too close from the price itself.

try switch off the use stop orders.

hi there guys ,

i downloaded the mdp software n loaded it to charts .

the broker im using is avafx and the spread on eur/usd is 3pips .

the software has a warning there that spread is too high .

will the robot still work ???

some1 please advise

will works, but you’ll get horrible results.
change to another broker with lower spread.
FXDD, FXOpen, Alpari, there is a lot of good one.

The lowest spread, the better result. Spread of 3 pips get be disaster for your account…
I use an ECN broker with less than 1 pip spread and results seems to be better and better.

Thanks guys .

Anyone trie alpari

@waltpips - how long have you been running MDP with HF?

Since halve november somewhere.
But first on a demo account. (see my earlier posts p.44)
At newyear HotForex has reset my account history!???
So all I have left is this year’s history. I’ll see if I can filter out MDP’s results because I also trade manually on the same account (which I probably should not do…lol)
I have been fiddeling around with the settings but I think I will leave them as they are now.
Here we go with some sceenshots:

My settings are now default except: FIFO = false, AutoApply_ECN = false, Group_Orders = true, Use_Stop_Orders = false, Hard_Stop_Trailing = true

In backtesting these appeared to give the best results.

hi guys ,

k i have done away with ava fx n nw got an account with hotforex . everythiung locked n loaded on e/u 1min chart .

i have left ea to default settings ? please help if anything needs to change .

Hi Bii
Is not to recommend. As alepan72 said, a low spread broker and the fastest internet conection is the most important part. So far I would also like to know about the best broker on this ea.

I think usually finding the right broker is the biggest challenge with this tool. Anyone else also think this is the main problem issue usually??? I think it definitely is!!!

I bought MDP done ping tests to brokers, have 1.2.0 version contacted vendor as no trades in 3 days, he told me to alter certain elements which I did it opened and closed 4 trades and lost, two winning trades, loss and a win overall loss of $27.95 in 1 day. I have asked for a refund as I kept altering as the vendor advised but to no avail.
It keeps saying slow connection, too many attempts rejected by broker, the time taken to get signal to broker too slow even though I done ping tests and the ping tests came back a lot lower than MDP was saying.
The vendor has now gone quite because I asked for my money back BEWARE!!!

which broker is it?
and a ping is not the time required to open an order. a slow execution is most the responsiblities of your broker not the connection. if the broker takes 800ms to open the trade and the ping is 100ms, the total executino time will be 900… you can have VPS which can provide 2ms for the ping due to the proximity with the broker, but you’ll still have 800ms of order execution…
if you also have requests rejected by the broker, then you have a bad broker, change to another one.
can you name it?

Hi
The Broker and account type is Hotforex currenex which is recommended as a good one to use for this EA including the vendor.

I have good results with MDP.
See my earlier posts

“Hi
The Broker and account type is Hotforex currenex which is recommended as a good one to use for this EA including the vendor.”

Hmmm…will have to try it out with Hotforex…