Million Dollar Pips

well guys/gals had 17 trades today and 8 were winners 9 losers for a net total of +46.8 pips for the day

average loss was 6.9 pips
average win was 12.7 pips

overall very nice day for me today (accept for fgb but thats another story)

Ok, after the dust setteled I walked away with a stunning 2 pips profit!
Thats after 23 trades, 10 winners and 13 loosersā€¦
2 pipsā€¦ my previous observation still stands, turn the bot off on NFP days :confused:

Ok, after the dust setteled I walked away with a stunning 2 pips profit!
Thats after 23 trades, 10 winners and 13 loosersā€¦
2 pipsā€¦ my previous observation still stands, turn the bot off on NFP days :confused:

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Doesnā€™t this ea look for long spike candles to trade? If thatā€™s true then I would think NFP friday would be a good day to trade, but I really donā€™t know.

My whole trading career people have been warning against trading during news releases but I always felt that the news releases presented great opportunity.

Johnny,

Has Hotforex said anything about not letting US accounts trade through them after the July 16th Dodd-Frank deadline? I would like to open an affliate program and a trading account to run MDP but Iā€™m concerned that Hotforex could be one of the last ones to bring back their overseas US accounts.

I dont know how the bot trades, but in manual trading I avoid days like that like the plague.
BTW noticed you still use the 1.1.4 bot? Maybe its better at dealing with days like that? Maybe the author could shed some light on that for us :slight_smile:

MDP v1.1.5 trades when the market is volitile in my experiance (hense the Ping speed to the server in an earlier message) it gets in and out very quickly. I had 11 trades on Friday with MDP when the market was volitile. Unlike FAPTurbo which works well when the Asian markets are open, ironically i had 11 trades with this bot too, all but 1 was profitable. I have been running both MDP and FAP together and they seem to work well and profitable, and thatā€™s on one of my live accounts.
BTW both on Hotforex account.
P.S i have FAP trading between the Hours of 23:00 - 07:00 on a UK based server.

As far as I know hotforex will continue to offer US citizens accounts. I have not heard anything to the contrary. The only thing I have heard is that they are offering PAMM accounts over the next couple of weeks, which I think is awesome.

I spoke with them about this. They said they plan on always offering accounts to US clients but if somehow they are unable to they will write us a check for our account balance.

Has anyone had any trades on MDP today?

No trades in my account (at hotforex).

Do you mind if I ask what your risk it set too? What about you Johnny?

I have risk set to defult 1.5 which is about 1.5% risk per trade

I accidentally lost my post ugggg!!!

Anywya MDP is doing quite well for me

Stats so farā€¦

29 trades for a net positive of 89.8 pips and 9.59% gain on my account since 7.7.11 Not bad for less than a week and also I get the rebates which so far total about $90 or about 22% of my account. Keep in mind this is the total rebates from my other account to but still its only about 1 month of rebates and I had no trades for at least a solid 10 days of that. Very very encouraging!!!

Thatā€™s good, looking into this one but wanna see more results before making any decision.

its ridiculous!!!

mdp so farā€¦
38 trades
net pips +159.2
account growth well you guys tell me. This account is was opened on 7.1 and MDP didnā€™t trade until 7.7

Lol, Iā€™ve got a funny, but scary, story for you. I got MDP last night. Let it trade. It was up 40ish$, Woke up, it had lost control of a trade and was -40ish$ā€¦ Ended up just making commission last night lol. Turns out MDP never set a TP or SL for some reason. This was also a trade in the middle of a string of tradesā€¦

My MDP hasnā€™t made any trades since Sundayā€¦Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s going on. I e-mailed support to try and figure it out. (but William isnā€™t as quick as I would like him to be).

Does anyone know why my MDP isnā€™t trading?

Does anyone know why my MDP isnā€™t trading?

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

I had the same problem. I changed brokers to get a better spread, I know that is one thing that affects this ea. Also I put MDP on my desktop because I didnā€™t know if other eaā€™s on my VPS where causing a problem. Anyway somhow it is working fine for me now. Iā€™m running 1.1.4

As for the no stoploss thing Iā€™ve been hearing about. I havenā€™t had any problems on my currenex account so I donā€™t know. I know other people have been having this problem in the worst way. I would keep a close eye on that.

William is a nice guy and he will try and help anyone who is having a no trading problem or a stop loss issue, just email him Iā€™m sure heā€™ll get back to you.

Iā€™ve had 14 trades today so far, 10 which where losses and 4 winners thereby producing a loss for me so far. Kinda strange since you Johnny only (almost) produced winners?
Do you use standard settings or have you tweaked them? All standard here except the FIFO which I disabled (non US).
Micro account at HotForex and VPS running MT4 24/7 at ThrustVPS with decent latency. Also downgraded the MDP to v 114 in hope of better results :slight_smile:

Hey jonhnny mind sharing some specs with me? On the specs MDP displays on the chart Avg. Exc. Time what time does yours say? Mine is reading 2137 ms. which seem realllly slow and also what is your average open slip? Mine says 17, not sure that that means 1.7 pips, or 17 pips. just curious to see what results youā€™re getting to make sure mine is running correctly.