Million Dollar Pips

average exc time is 1457ms
average open slip is 10

Hmmm okay, we’re not too far off then that’s good. Thanks. The one really good thing I like about MDP so far is it’s seriously raising my commissions haha

MDP rocked for me today… 10 trades, 2 of which were relatively small losses, total account increase of about 12% for the day…

Slippage set to 12, risk set to 3.5, everything else is default. HF micro, UK thrustvps account.

I am just wondering which brokers the MDP users are trading with.
Hotforex ? Dukascopy? Pepperstones? Alapri? or … I am sure the spread play a very important role and affect the result much.

Hotforex but not the currenex account, I’ll probably switch over soon though

Regarding Currenex accounts, how do the commision fee work there?
Noticed this line on HotForex site;
Commission: $5.00 per 100.000 USD Traded ($10 round turn)
And on Johnnys ‘myfxbook’ hes been listed with -$61.57 in commissions…
Will they charge your account with this fee, or will you receive a seperate claim for this?
Not sure I would use a commision based account for this high-frequency, small gain pr trade bot. It eats pretty much of you gains even if your trades are profitable. Wouldnt think of what it would be like when the bots got into a losing streak.
Sure, the bonus program through ForexTradingChoice gives a nice $4 pr round lot traded which kinda helps out, but still…

Just an observation :slight_smile:

hello all,
would this EA work with Oanda’s MT4 Platform?

It should work with any MT4 platform, regardless of broker offering the platform. Tho resoults may be different due to server, latency, excecution time, spreads and whatnots.

Hi Johnny:

MDP sounds very interesting indeed.
Would you mind defining the notion of “rebate” please, since I have seen this word quite often but could not understand what it means?

Thanks ahead :slight_smile:

what I mean by rebate is…

You go to hfaffiliates.com and open an affiliate account for hotforex, than open an account under your affiliate link. Hotforex will than pay you 60% commision on transactions. So you pay the spread and than get 60% back each month. Think of it as a dividend check or a bonus. I personally reinvest mine and grow my accounts.

easy money, and when its paired with an ea that trades frequently, the end result is a nice big commission check.

Hey guys,

Im gonna get this ea and start forward testing tommorow before I go live with it. There hase been some previous comments on the thread about a few possible glitches with MDP not trading. Has anyone got any clarification on this or how best to run it? Im currently on a ThinkForex demo. I think johnny mentioned earlier he was running this EA from his desktop, was wondering if that is the way people have gone to get this EA running if other EA’s are possibly conflicting with it?

On a side note is it possible to log into the same forex account twice? Say once on a VPS and once on your desktop or do you need seperate accounts?

Good luck and happy pippin’ everyone!

Chris

Just looking at opening an account with ThinkForex in a way which I can get rebates using this EA and have come accross a site called cashbackforex.com Anyone used this site or have any experience of it? There seems to be a few of these cashback sites for brokers is this the way to go to open an account so as to be able to get rebotes on your spreads paid or are there other ways I should be looking at?

Thanks

Chris

Hey Chris,

first off programs like cashbackforex are a good way to earn rebates. Do some research and find ones that offer the best rebates.

As far as your mt4 account. You can have it logged on at home and on the vps and anywhere else useful to you. You don’t need multiple accounts. When you need to do something within your platform just open it from where ever you are and there it is.

Hi John,

I’ve purchased MDP and opened a demo account with Hotforex. Earlier you said Moneybookers doesn’t allow US to pay through them. Which vendor did you use to fund the live account? Also, are you using a VPS or still running MDP from your desktop? I appreciate any help.

Donna

Thanks for the advice. Gonna check out the different cashback sites

Some cashback sites also offer a rebate on trading products, such as eas :slight_smile: I bought MDP through FTC, they offer 25USD worth bonuspoints on MDP.

I have not found casback on my VPS yet, any ideas welcome :slight_smile:

Hi John,

I’ve purchased MDP and opened a demo account with Hotforex. Earlier you said Moneybookers doesn’t allow US to pay through them. Which vendor did you use to fund the live account? Also, are you using a VPS or still running MDP from your desktop? I appreciate any help.

Donna

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

You can fund your hotforex account directly with a credit card. I am still running mdp from my desktop yes, but I am going to set it up on my vps and see if it works there too.

Thanks gutzkus I am always on the look out for a little cashback :slight_smile:

Hello Everyone,

I’m currently running MDP 1.1.5 on a FinFX demo account since 7/12/11. I also have it running on a VPS with no problems. I know it’s not a long test of this EA, but the results so far look good. I did change some settings:

“NumOrders_Level” = 3

I changed this so the EA would open more trades

I also manually change the min and max lots daily to reflect my own risk management formula.

Here’s my results:

Account Balance: $16279.20
Total Profit: $6279.20
% Return: 62.8%
Total Trades: 77
Win Percentage: 54.5%
PIPS: 187.6

I plan to use this EA on a live account in September. I like the results on a demo account so far. So I’m going to continue testing until September. Is anyone using the lastest version release. If so, please post your results.

wow great results so far!!! keep us posted.