Million Dollar Pips

Hi! I was wondering, is the newest version of MDP (v1.1.5?) still using what I read a flaky copy-protection (guardian?) that doesn’t work well with VPS? Also, does this EA contact its own server? if so, what for? I’m contemplating getting MDP, it looks like MDP has potentials…! Since buying commercial EAs is like getting a black box, any ideas what strategies MDP uses? just curious…! Thank you!

Did the EA trade today?

Randy,

When you get a real ECN account with FinFx your results will be very different. Poor execution speed, opening and closing slippage it’s a totaling different game they are playing. I’ve been there and done that. Just start out slow…ly and don’t be agressive and your’s MDP may work.

C Tom Red

Johnny, have you considered raising the number of orders or additional channels levels to try to boost commissions?

Yamete888: the latest version of MDP is 1.1.6

Seems interesting, but how would MDP work with a large US brokerage firm’s trading platform like TD Ameritrade/ThinkorSwim? I prefer to have the safety net of an FDIC insured account.

I’m also unsure as to how these automated trading program work. How would I integrate MDP into TOS trading software???

Seems interesting, but how would MDP work with a large US brokerage firm’s trading platform like TD Ameritrade/ThinkorSwim? I prefer to have the safety net of an FDIC insured account.

I’m also unsure as to how these automated trading program work. How would I integrate MDP into TOS trading software???

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

Hey there,
You would need some sort of bridge software that can bridge Metatrader4 to whatever platform your preferred broker uses. MDP is programmed for mt4.

Johnny, have you considered raising the number of orders or additional channels levels to try to boost commissions?

To be honest I was tied up testing wsfr on alternate pairs and I really neglected mdp. I will have to play with the settings and hopefully not kill profitability.

Randy,

When you get a real ECN account with FinFx your results will be very different. Poor execution speed, opening and closing slippage it’s a totaling different game they are playing. I’ve been there and done that. Just start out slow…ly and don’t be agressive and your’s MDP may work.

C Tom Red

Very sound advice!

would you please advise me with he setting please I have it running on hotforex micro account with 400 balance but rarely trades i had running for a week and i am only +.32 on 6 trades something is not write again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi DK, I am running MDP on a Think Forex demo account at the moment and I only had a 0.92% gain last week but I did have a lot more trades though with 40 last week. Did you change the min lot size to 0.01? I think it is set to 0.001 as default and you broker may not accept this(I have also set max lot size to 1 these issues were addressed in a post from another user earlier in the thread I believe). Also this week I have adjusted to NumOrders_Level=1 and Additional_Chanels=2. I am living outside the US so I have FIFO set to false and everything else set as default I believe. Hope this helps.

Chris

thank you for the help

Hi Johnny,

What’s the avg execution/open/modify time that you run your MDP on the VPS?

My avg execution/open/modify time are 300ms/750ms/300ms. I m not sure whether it is slow or average??

Henry

Thats pretty quick, is that on a live account? What VPS and what broker are you using?

Hi, i been running MDP on Hotforex demo and swvps 512 MB but no trades for a week. I am considering upgrading the RAM as it says on my journal tab that “Memory Handler: cannot allocate 187999988 bytes of memory” and “History Base: Not enough memory EURUSD 1” . On the chart diagnostics it says no scalp distance yet: channel is off. I have only changed additional channels to 4. Other standard settings.

Can someone please advise me whats wrong??

Thanks.

I would try it with addtional channels = 0 just to see if thats the problem… I was running w/ 512mb just fine (I’ve upgraded my VPS since then though.)

ianferrell,

Yes, my is running on a live account (Gomarkets) but not on a VPS, instead on a Mac mini wireless connection at home…

What’s your avg execute/open/modify time? may you share?

Thanks,
Henry

What’s your avg execute/open/modify time? may you share?

Tell me how to find out and I will tell you, I looked in my journal but I don’t see that information

It’s on the main screen, if you have the ‘diagnostics’=true. Then you should be able to read that info from the screen.

Henry

I don’t have a field called diagnostics. The closest I have is debug.