Million Dollar Pips

I’m currently using the Million Dollar Pips program. I’m using it on a demo account with FXCM, which has lower spreads than FXDD. I plugged it in on a $50K demo and it immediately made money. The next day, it signed on and traded for like a minute,
then closed a losing trade. On an account of that size, it selects multiple lots and some multiple positions. I haven’t figured out how to alter that, as there is only a brief mention in the short manual. Support seems good though, but you can only use it on one account at a time, live or demo, not both. I’m not sure the reasoning behind that. If you can offer any insight, I’m all ears.

Its a new feature from 1.6… I’ll have to turn mine on to see for sure, but I remember it saying 1.5sec avg for exec and like 3 sec for a modify… not very good at all. Really makes me want to try an ECN account, seems like it’d be faster… I get quick pings to hot forex, its like they just can’t execute quick enough.

Is that the speed you get from running on VPS? 1500ms avg exec and 3000ms avg modify time?
If so then you should switch to an ECN account, lower spread and faster.

I guess I am not running the latest version. I’m still on 1.14 yikes I’m out of style!!!

ECN/STP processing with low spreads will do. Account type and Broker itself are important. Latency between VPS and Broker’s server matters much too. Must be low for MDP to execute well.

I agree. However, what execution/open/modify time that are considered to be ‘low’?

So… whats a good ECN account? $1000 acct as thats all I can spare… Probably leave the Hot Forex account open for manual trade practice, but I think its fair to say that they’re just not fast enough for MDP… johnnykanoo, how’s the currenex account working?

People are getting decent results with suggested broker: ThinkForex.
You may search for REAL account results in myfxbook.com

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to automated trading/EA, appreciate if the seniors here can shred some lights to my queries. It’s probably answered somewhere but I couldn’t locate them.

1. I’m pretty keen on MDP and another EA. Is it possible to run two or more EA on a single chart eg EURUSD within MT4 or do I have to open separate charts for each of them?

2. I only got one live acct with a broker, will running two EA mess up the trades, i.e. if EA1 open a buy trade, prior to closing EA2 open a buy or sell trade, will my first trade be closed?

Humble apologies for noob qns.

Rgds

Okay MDP has costed me almost 15% of my account today. I am not happy at all!!! I did mess with some settings. I am going to reduce my risk much further and if mdp doesn’t start being consistent I will drop it from my portfolio. Unbelievable!! I am so unhappy right now. I couldn’t get this thing to trade so I changed the number order levels to 3 (now back to 2) Also I had changed additional channels to 2 (which is now back to 0)

I was attempting to get more trades and the end result was 18 trades today and almost all were losers.

here is my post from Expert Advisors - Forex Moments & Forex Magnates Forum

I posted it here for you guys too. My account was doing super awesome and now in 1 day down almost 15% I am not happy and I may stop MDP all together.

Hi all,

I’m pretty new to automated trading/EA, appreciate if the seniors here can shred some lights to my queries. It’s probably answered somewhere but I couldn’t locate them.

1. I’m pretty keen on MDP and another EA. Is it possible to run two or more EA on a single chart eg EURUSD within MT4 or do I have to open separate charts for each of them?

2. I only got one live acct with a broker, will running two EA mess up the trades, i.e. if EA1 open a buy trade, prior to closing EA2 open a buy or sell trade, will my first trade be closed?

Humble apologies for noob qns.

Rgds

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

question 1. You cannot run two ea’s on 1 chart. You can run them on the same mt4 but you must open a chart for each ea you run.

question 2. If you live in the USA or have an nfa compliant broker you could run into problems. Even if there is a setting called nf true or false or whatever, if 2 eas are trying to open apposing orders it will probably run into a problem. Having said that, the easiest solution is to either find a broker with a “workaround” like ibfx or just find a non USA broker.

Hi All,

Not been on for a while. I have just had a full weeks trading from 21/07/2011 with MDP 1.1.6 version and it has made 79 trades with a profit of $1200.64

What more does one need !!! :slight_smile:

Hi All,

Not been on for a while. I have just had a full weeks trading from 21/07/2011 with MDP 1.1.6 version and it has made 79 trades with a profit of $1200.64

What more does one need !!! :slight_smile:

What broker?
What settings?
tanks,
John

I was running it all week as well and only had about 20 trades usually the ea trade around 9pm plus or minus an hour can you please send me your settings thank you

David

Thanks for replying, Johnny.

I managed to figure out the first part earlier and running demo now. Still not on MDP yet but I’m testing WSFR as of today and a separate chart for SteadyWinner.

I’ve signed up with Hotforex, I think should be non USA broker.

Rgds

So far Im liking having the additional channel setting on 4. The strings are larger in size but am getting more profit from it + a lot more commissions

That is nice to hear!

BUT do you believe this will be consistent? How it will it look 4 weeks, 2 months, 5 months ahead? I always wonder about this. Would like to hear more news and updates no this

I dont think in eas that make millions,perhaps neural networks can but eas i am sure they dont.

interested in this EA.

So far Im liking having the additional channel setting on 4. The strings are larger in size but am getting more profit from it + a lot more commissions

What kind of track record do you have with mdp? For me it goes hot and cold and lately I can’t get a profitable run out of her at all. If I can’t get mdp to be consistant than I am not willing to risk more than .5% and that is not meaningful enough for me so I will likely cut it from my line up.

I’m wishing somebody who has been successful with this ea would chime in with settings and results. My results as of the past 2 weeks has been -20% and I cannot allow this ea to give back all my hard earned money.

People sometimes look at accounts in terms of “house money” I think this is crap! If it’s in your account it’s your money. That is my pearl of wisdom for the day :smiley: