Mordengaard's trading journal (sort of)

My journal:
https://www.myfxbook.com/members/Mordengaard/mordengaard/2650388

Broker: IC Markets (true ECN).

You can see everything here, feel free to analyze my trading behavior. Follow me 'till I wipe my account. :slight_smile:

I only (trying) trade NZDUSD. Pure price action. 4H, 8H, 12H, Daily timeframes. However, I look at other majors to see what’s going on. Also, I read the news and check the calendar on TradingView.

I’m learning to be more patient. I know I risk a little more than I’m supposed to but I’m here to make money. Not much 'tho.

This is how my chart looks like:

3 Likes

Sell NZDUSD

I think it’ll go down to 0.65500. I might close it earlier 'tho. I’m not sure if I will leave it open during the weekend.

Update later.

I closed it. Not sure if it’ll go down now. Will continue next week.

1 Like

Lesson learnt this week: control yourself. Don’t open or close a position before the 4h / 8h candle closes.

Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing this with us. Will mark this thread as “watched.”

1 Like

I continue to short NZDUSD and patiently wait till it reaches 0.65500 area.
Monitoring other major pairs and frequently checking news/calendar too.

TP reached, new balance record: $355.

Patiently waiting for the next signal.

1 Like

This week I’ll just observe the market, happy with the profits so far.

I’ll be busy Sunday - Tuesday so I won’t open another trade. See you next week.

Good stuff! And looking forward to your updates next week!

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile: Update coming soon.

My balance is still the same. I shorted NZDUSD but it didn’t go down all the way I expected. I was in $20 profit but it turned around. I think my support was wrongly placed, that’s why it turned around now. Luckily, I didn’t let it go negative and closed it just in time.

No loss, however, no profits either. I would say I was greedy but I won’t say that this time. My support was wrongly placed (I think) and didn’t pay that much attention to the news.

Since the chart bounced from support, I’m long now till the next resistance. I also check other people’s ideas but I don’t rely on them, of course. Just compare my setup to theirs.

Update after I get out of this bullish trade.

1 Like

I would say this pair is more technical than fundamental… most of the times…

I withdrew $200 but I’ll put it back soon. Just want to change funding methods so it’ll be faster to withdraw profits.

This is how we look like now.

1 Like

No loss, no profit this week. Well, at least I didn’t lose any money :smiley: .

Anyway, my last trade didn’t reach the TP because it turned around, however, I closed it before it could have gone negative.

It was a bit confusing 'tho. Negative readings for USD on Friday, and still, NZDUSD went downwards. I thought it will further advance to the upside then I’d have closed my position with great profits. Nevermind. Sometimes this pair is more technical than fundamental.

I’m looking at NZDJPY too. It’s an interesting pair.

See you next week!

That’s what I always tell myself. And when I do lose, “at least it wasn’t too much” lol.

1 Like

Something like that :smiley:

New record, my balance is $382.

I withdrew $200 earlier.

So far I have 107% profit, since Aug 11 when I deposited $200.

I only focus on NZDUSD and NZDJPY sometimes.

Now waiting for the next signal.