Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

I have been thinking of doing it…may be I will sit through one day and complete the project.

This Tymen guy should be be banned for being INSANE…

i’ve got 40+ pages of cut/paste of the most pertinent parts of this thread and others that i have in a document. I would be glad to share it or save it as a pdf and send it out.

Its not perfectly formatted but it works for me…its my weekend reading…i just print it out and read when i get a few minutes. The process of learning is amazing. I understood in principle the first few times reading it but slowly i’m understanding it in practice.

i’ll try to clean it up this weekend and post it on this thread. I might try to hire a writer or something to come up with an amazingly funny introduction as i’m quite boring myself. :confused:

Its funny that i have a ibfx ad flasing at the bottom of this thread even now as I type. MP hates ibfx and here they are trying to get the last word. The brokers even flame him on his own thread!!!

judging from the limited reading i have done, Tyman appears to be highly insecure, which is strongly apparent — anything else concerning brain function is speculation !

che

This cracked me up as well! Funny stuff! MP could make pretty funny movie with that as the main plot i’m sure.

Kind of but not really!

Great i’m stuck in an endless loop!!! LOL

Actually i’ve learned an awful lot off of this here internet that has affected my vocation, hobbies, and life.

Point well taken though in context of your excellent post!!!

I guess you can see i’m bored!!! And to think i make fun of my wife for facebooking…shame on me!

MP was a prolofic contributor to this Forum with a lot of good ideas and help for beginners. He also waffled alot which I found very irritatating and there is much evidence on other threads to show that he was rude at times.
However, I think banning him was a bit harsh and I will miss him.

Attacking Tymen, IMO, is completely out of order!!
His two threads on the ‘Joy of Candlestick Trading’ are superb. The first thread being 174 pages long.
For this he deserves great respect and gratitude, not being abused by those loyal to Mp.

The rantings of ‘Overcast’ are a disgrace. MP is not dead, follow him on his next forum and continue to prosper under his guidance, and stop acting like a spoilt kid.

You are correct, attacking Tymen is completely out of order. It is unacceptable to make any disparaging comments regarding that nutty, half-baked, under ripe, paranoid, candlestick flailing, FBI soliciting, fruit loop. And while it may appear disgraceful to question Tymen’s ancestry, mental health, disposition, emotional development, and ripeness, I can assure you … I do it with all my friends. And they display similar affection towards me.

It’s quite touching, actually.

However, I do take issue with the evolution of Tymen’s 174 page opus. If you are to teach a subject, it should not be in the process of being discovered. One cannot help but question the validity of what is currently being taught, knowing it might be second guessed tomorrow. Frustrating to the student, it can be.

And some of his charts are just whack.

Best,
OC

Did anyone find out where MP is posting now.
What board does/did he frequent before this one that he has not been banned from?
Thanks.
Procharged.

Originally Posted by melisky:

MP is back anyways, he just use other name now…

I have a feeling that he is with us in an Obi-Wan Kanobi kind of way. You know, after he was cut down by the evil Darth Vader :rolleyes:.

Anyways, Sandpipper, I would love to get my hands on that .pdf file when you get it completed. I did a lot of cutting and pasting myself, but I never cleaned it up and it was nowhere near 40 pages, that’s awesome!

Anyways, back to the bols. I think that I had them on my charts for a total of about 10 minutes. Personally I didn’t like them, but after reading what everyone has been saying about them I might give them try again. What time frames are people using them on, and what versions of the bols are people using. I have the version that Husky posted and I know that there was a TRO version rumored, but I haven’t looked for it yet.

I spend 95% of my time scalping on the M1 charts, and the other 5% on every other TF. On the larger TFs I’m setting my TPs based on a combination of Barry’s, pivots and fibos. Maybe I’ll look into tossing the bols on them.

Input is always appreciated. Thanks!

the force shall always be with the revolution, because powers that be can only serve so much milk and cookies.

[B]POWER TO THE PEOPLE ![/B]

I would agree! Attacking anybody (i’m sure there are some exceptions although nothing jumps into my mind) is just wasted finger exercise and doesn’t profit the intent of this forum. I personally have no problem with Tymen, I just have problems taking the cryptic quotes i cut and pasted earlier at face value.

I have not read all of the joy of candlestick trading threads but if it is helping people to trade more successfully then I think that is great. That is what this site is to be about!!!

Now this is just an observation and in no way an attack. But it seems to me that ONE of the things that annoyed Tess, JMac, tymen and co. was that mp would pop up everywhere answering questions. Well it seems to me that since the demise of MP it has been Tymen who has assumed that role of Official Question Answerer. Again not a bad thing but an ironic observation.

I like Mikes teaching for learning how the market works and trading. For the point i am at right now, its a very intensive way of learning because its not just “If line A cross’s poing X, then do C”. Which ends up meaning that I need to focus on one pair.

I was attracted to the Tymen thread as an alternate means of trading that was very mechanical. It meant I could look at other pairs that were not my main and just trade it, without actually studying the pair dynamics. Well as soon as things were changed 2 and 3 times I lost interest. This was the reason for my disappearance from that thread. I will not bash him, as I have nothing personal with him, but his actions do speak for themselves.

Che,
It seems like we (you and the thread) trade in a similar manner as well. By the way, I actually find your name a little ironic, and not because of anything “you” did…Just because of something someone said to me a few days ago :slight_smile:

Back to Mike,
460 pips in 4 days after my trading session with him…I do have one trade open thats 170 pips negative right now, which to be honest was not based on his teaching, but my blindness to the fact that if you look at a weekly, the point I bought at was a decent point of “R”. This is still part of my learning phase and recognizing all time frames…

So MPesque! Its that type of humor which brightens this thread! Although some find the hyperbole funny and harmless (me) I’m sure that many others don’t see the humor in the bombasticty. (new word alert)

is it not interesting, but that your statement is one of truth !

to eliminate competition is the joy of the weak — to grow and discuss, to enter into debate, to incorporate one piece of information into another creating an even larger and perhaps better idea is the sign of TRUE intelligence and security with self.

to doggedly stick with only one concept, especially in a philosophy as large the world in the macro view, and forex in the micro, is to LIMIT oneself beyond all available reason.

much is revealed by WHY and how a person “defends” themselves, be there a need or not.

che

I have read Tymens both threads- I noted that the things were actually changed more than 2-3 times. On the other hand the LRC approach is consistent and solid fundamentally.

All having been said, and done, and as MP likes to say, there are more than one ways to skin the cat. So that is why I refrain from bashing any ones methods and systems. Irony is that MP himslef on this thread did not bash any ones systems, and members like Trav, JimmyMac openly flamed on this thread that the Secret series of methods are crappy and called us all names,While MP was banished, the haters still thrive in this forum.

Anyways I am going to let go and focus on trading now. Hope to keep following techniques on this thread and take them into the long term coupled with my own uniques parameters and methods.

Good trading to all.

Tex

Sandpipper, that’s great you want to do that .pdf!

But… As a human (I assume you’re a human, right?) you will/could get discourage to do it. And… For some reason, you could thing it just don’t worth it… It could come to your mind that the sun is too shiny to stay inside or that your girl is too pretty for you wasting your time on the computer instead of… let’s say, doing stuff to her…

PLEASE DON’T! (Well, maybe later) But for now, please STAY FOCUS!

We all need you to do it!

Of course I could do it myselft I guess but… There’s that sun outside and…

And it’s not impossible that I am a bit too lazy…

Anyways… So, you think you will be able to post it here this week? :slight_smile:

what i noticed on this thread is that mp had NO objections to discussion as long as it was kept civil and was provided with decent background research and experience.

unfortunately, while some hold cherished views, they cannot freely discuss the advantages AND DISADVANTAGES of what they proclaim — mp appeared to understand the downside of what he taught and freely posted warnings to the newbs about the dangers, as i have seen.

Having no further abilities to meet fact with fact, THESE people then go on to attack, because there is NOTHING they can discuss further — I notice that Tess and her group advocate price action trading, which is fine for a desk trader in an institution (which is what she is, after all !) but does NOT lay out the other available routes to profit, and on the longer timeframe trades favored by newbs, the entry points tend to be rather late and i cannot see any real tp points !

there is no argument that institutional traders are forced, by the nature of the game and their need to “keep up”, to rely on the pivot points (support and resistance “zones” as they call their “areas” and that support and resistance are the best methods of trading, since all other good traders are trading that way) and previous support and resistance areas, BUT it appears that mp’s “method” (if it can be called that" appears to be able to NAIL the reversal points in any timeframe, and it appears to have been PROVEN a multitude of times ---- since he has FORWARD proven his tp points, often 12 hours in advance, i have to believe he is either onto something, or possesses supernatural powers that i would wish to have myself, as it is UNCANNY how well he does.

che

reading further into the history of this mp person, it appears to me that he only got his hackles up when attacked, and his responses appear to be that of a rapier and not a broadsword — he makes tiny and repeated small triangular holes, parries the next thrust, and makes another hole. His adversaries, on the other hand, are using a two handed broadsword, and they tire too easily with that procedure, become frustrated and ask the King to banish this skilled opponent from the kingdom.

not the best way to handle the situation, as Shaekespere has so often taught us

che