Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading

Hi All,

I know I promised to make a Dealbook version of the indicator, however it seems it is just not possible, due to the very limited functionality of CTL (DB’s language). It appears unable to pull data from anything but the currently active chart. :frowning:

If anyone knows a way around this, feel free to have a dig at it…
If the rest of the platform wasn’t so good, I’d change to MT4, if only for MQ4L.

Sorry to let you down, guys. :frowning:

Edit: I’m also in for the pair analysis. I’ll take AUD/JPY if people are interested in it. Otherwise, just tell me which one I can take. :slight_smile:

I missed the part where you put a firm SL on the price at 30. Now it makes sense to me, where as without the firm SL you could obviously see where I thought you could be risking pips.

Cord

Absolutely. You need both or pips are at risk.
So we were in agreement all along :smiley:

Here’s an MT4 indicator that calculates Graviton’s trend counter on 10 pairs at once.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Update: Newer version available later in this thread.

Ah, very nice indeed! Thanks!

For those of us that wern’t able to be in chat to hear the concept of gravitons trend counter, can someone give a quick run down of the correct usage please?

Ta :slight_smile:

Cord

Hi NorwegianBlue,
thank you very much for indicator, would you please tell me what I did wrong
I have compiled the code and then placed the indicator to my chart (I didn’t make any property changes) but strange of each pairs shows “0"
:confused:

Cordite, Graviton explained it in his post #223
have you added the indicator to your chart? what number do you see by the each pair? the number relates to the strength of the trend
the higher the value the stronger trend , as I understood
but I can see only “0” by each pair on my chart

Brokers can be funny. Mine demands the name of a pair in all capitals with no “/” i.e. GBPUSD.

Maybe yours has different requirements. The code as is will force the capitals.

Is anyone else having problems?

I’ll bet you are glad you stuck at it, RenaLa.

Are you using the combined approach of using BB DNA for entry and Graviton’s scaling in and trade management; or another method for entry?

You are trading live. right?

NO, I didnt use cbl entry I didnt use Gavinton’s trade management rules for 65pips .
Actually, I use Graviton’s theory of MTF charts analysis, tymen’s types of BB DNA for common picture (what type of the trend I going to take and where is PA at the moment of my entry), for some trades I was using squeezes and
1M and 5M charts for entry using volume metod of entry

After I did my post of 65 pips, I took long for AUD/USD trying to use Graviton’s method of trade management.
I was adding new entrys at the fibo level of retracement, deeper retracement more pips at the top
you wont to belive - another 50! :slight_smile:

NorwegianBlue, what would you recomend me to change?

What wonderful, great and helpful people on this forum!!!
teaching, coding, helping, explaining, re-wording,video recording, pdfing …
Its real miracle!!!

thank you IronHeart, thank you NorwegianBlue
thank you to all

Try downloading again from the original message. I turned off the auto-formatting of the pairs. So you can try entering pairs as uppercase, lowercase, with a “/”, without. See what works.

NorwegianBlue
I have always used Oanda but as everyone here uses mt4 I have bitten the bullet and gotten a demo account with InterbankFX so I can use their free mt4 software & data feed.

I have compiled your mq4 with no errors and loaded it into the EA folder but I can’t seem to attach it to any charts? :confused:
Other EA’s attach and give me the :), but not this one.

Any guidance appreciated, even if it is “Read the bleedin’ help files, you Wally”.

Cheers,
hachi

You should put it in the “indicators” folder.

Hey Hachiko, this is not an EA, it is an indicator. That might be the issue…

Just use it as any other indicator.

For some reason I can’t use your indicator NorwegianBlue, without having my MT4 disconnect every few seconds.

Good morning everyone.

I’ve been away from trading for the past almost 2 weeks and this weekend got caught up on Tymen’s thread and than moved to this thread and I’m almost done with it.

For those of us using GFT Dealbook 360, when considering scaling in using the 5 unit method explained here…Dealbook averages your entry price:mad:

What that means is that when you enter a 2nd unit at +15…you do not have 1 unit at +15 and 1 unit at 0. you have 2 units at +7.5.

When you close your 1st unit at +30 from your orginal enty you will have given up 7.5 pips + spread. Thereby only bagging about 20pips vs 30pips:(

When you enter your 3rd unit…dealbook avg’s that in with your current open position and you lose more pips again…and so on.

I have not thought though yet how to overcome this obstacle.

Thanks
Jack

NorwegianBlue, I have deleted first two files including compiled file. But when I open MeteEditor again .mq4 file was there :confused: :confused:
I was re compiled the code and I got two warnings

Function “StringLower” is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Function “StringUpper” is not referenced and will be removed from exp-file

Is it could be the conflict between previous and new compiled file.

Any advise?
thanks

Don’t worry about “not referenced” warnings. They are not significant.

And sometimes you need to restart terminal.exe.