Music to help with trading?

Just been listening to one of my favourite tracks that came on air over my internet radio called; La femme d’argent by Air on their album Moon Safari. It is perfect for me to concentrate on my trading preparations on this Monday morning. It is an easy listening track and while having enough tempo to get going and wake up with a cup of coffee to help concentrate.

Who else enjoys listening to music while trading / preparing trades and what kind of music do you like?

4 Likes

I find it hard enough to focus without the added distraction.

always, same here Molly

I like listening to some nice, slow & smooth R&B music lol there’s also this music called lofi that I enjoy also. There’s a ton of lofi music channels on Youtube

4 Likes

Just looked up lofi, definitely a genre I can get used to! Found some jazzy lofi… definitely a good listener, particularly for the end of day! Thanks.

yup! they have all different kinds lol i love it, they also have something called jazzhop since you’re into jazz music also :+1:t5:

Nice, jazzhop is perfect. Now all I need is to be sat at a Parisian cafe with my coffee, laptop and my file. Could do my trading from there, ideal!

2 Likes

I listen to study music on Youtube.

1 Like

I’m glad I could help with the trading music lol it’s so calm and relaxing to listen to, and helps me focus

I listen to brainwave sounds, it’s like jazz but a bit different, it’s so relaxing and helps me come down in times of losing trades, lol

Bloomberg ?

1 Like

lol interesting, you enjoy listening to news while trading?

I can’t concentrate if there’s a catchy tune playing because I end up singing along and not focusing. Either classical music or nothing.

Which leads me to my next question: do you guys use a streaming service to listen to your music? Or do you own your songs and play it from your own collection?

I use Youtube, Pandora (jazz or R&B station), and Apple Music…I created a few playlists solely for trading

1 Like

Must be Ludvico Einaudi, beautiful piano and no distracting words.

1 Like

Thought it was the right thing to do. Living in hope Mr Bloomberg will say “folks put the kitchen sink on USD/ZAR its a sure winner…” Yep you are right - still waiting!!! Maybe I should try music

Jethro Tull all the way

Thanks! Adding those to my playlist!

Have you tried Spotify? Tried Apple Music for a bit, wasn’t a big fan of the interface. Are you also using the subscription YT version?

Listening music during trading or even while doing research may influence your focus. To my mind, it would be better to listen music in the free time to relax, during the walk, for example.

Well, I have never tried this but I am sure it helps. I will definitely try it out now. btw, I enjoy soft music.