My CCI/Coral Breakout system

can i ask how are your results

travelkoen
what are you results so far please. i havent found a system on babypips that works? please what are you results?

I am on a business tour and not trading since last week. Will be back by 5th of July.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong with this system. Many losses of 5-20 pips, few wins with 20-25 pips, maybe 1 in 17 trades. But a winner seems to go on for 70-120 pips. Maybe should set tp higher to catch larger wins instead of just 25 pips?

Is it me or are the markets just too choppy for this right now?

Hello Vodka,
sorry to hear that, care to add a chart? So I can look into it? Of course it depends on the choppyness of the market but 1 out of 17? that would really surprise me

Hi all. travelkoen when u said cci setting 21 do you mean the Variable of CCIPeriod value we set to 21?

I’m looking on your example charts again and notice the crossover candle (where it crosses Coral line) is one candle prior to the CCI crossing over to 0. On my charts it’s opposite, first CCI reaches 0 then the candle crosses Coral, will that make a difference? Often on the “winners” the CCI has already reached ±150 again from the strength of the move by the time the price crosses Coral, then never goes back to 0 until much longer.

When you enter a trade, how long to stay in that trade when the coral/CCI gets crossed many many times again before it breaks out? Just stay in until it hits your stop? Or take trades in the opposite direction? When do you not take a trade?

Can you clarify again how you calculate the stops? Is it just the previous support or resistance as defined by the included indicator?

Thank you.

Hi Travelkoen,

I have a dealbook 360 account but I signed up for a practice MT4 account so I could try out your system, I am liking it very easy to follow and use. I am spotting many possible setups just looking through old market data this weekend.
Question with the Coral line do you wait for it to turn red or blue before your entry or do you just wait for it to cross over or under your candles?
I also have the same question regarding the CCI that Jeffiance has.

Will try it out tomorrow night after work in a live environment looking forward to it :).
Cheers,
Tave

36 pips from 2 winning trades I accidentally set the PT to short for the EURUSD, EURJPY 20pips.
My entry was when the alarm went off on the coral got straight in after that after confirming CCI.
Will do at least another 10 trades over the next few evenings before taking anything live.

Cheers,
Tave

Hi travelkoen,

My Question is how to use the coral line? As the CCI cross -150, refer as BUY signal right? Does it related to coral line? Appreciated for ur answer. Thank you.

travelkoen, can you please explain this to me
(Once it reverses up and touches CCI 0 and the coral line on your chart then buy)
this may sound silly, but do you mean the cci will touch the coral line?
please… :stuck_out_tongue:

cykoh85 & hafiran,

I attempt to answer base on my understanding. Explanation on chart.

thanks a lot ririz99, I really appreciate that.

ririz99, thank u so much. Appreciated. :slight_smile: ur chart very clear n easy to understand. Well done n good jobs.

i dunno if its cause the market just opened but i cant seem to get any profit, when i look back on my charts the only profits i see are 3 pips

Hi. Just wanted to say i read this thread from start to finish and i am very greatfull that you have shared your system with us. I have long been looking for a good 5min trading system.

How are you other guys going with the system? Anyone having consistent success? So far I am up 60 pips or so but I have not had time to keep testing will continue next week.
Cheers,
Tave

+28pips from 4 trades. 3 winners 1 loser.

thank you so much for all the work you are doing
are you live with this system?
What are you overall results since first trying it?
Thank you so much I really appreciate it

And everyone else, are you liking the system?
Please what are your results

Yes is anybody still using the system?