My first live positions ever, today, 24th Dec. 2013, with FXCM

Your strategy is top notch. Well done @PipMeHappy

1 Like

Thanks.

Closed Friday at

+81.26%.

Incredible.

hey dude, why no charts posted? reasonin of entry, exit, analisys etc
i think would benefit u and also ur viewers.
cheers

1 Like

@1odi basically I have traded the EurTry’s return to the previous uptrend and also the incredible fall-and-rise of EurUsd…

Technical, just using round levels and 100/200-day moving average levels as well as checking CME futures fx volume for Euro and Msci Turkey ETF index volume for Turkish Lira.

That’s it!

i understand and sounds reasonable, just saying that some people are more visual learners then others(dunno if that makes any sence). anyhow, how are u dealing with hat spread on TRY? i ve always watched that particular curency but the spread and commisions were a bit dicy to consider it. glad ur makin progress and doing well speciall given the conditions at the moment.
cheers

1 Like

Totally agree, just have less time… I.used to have a channel:

As per TRY, I did talk a lot about this currency here : USD/TRY: an incredible pair

Yes,.difficult/expensive.pair but not.impossible …

+74.32%.

Made some bad trades (choppy action, difficult to make good entries/exits), recovered most of the losses,
waiting for one or two more trade setups to get back in. Previous high was over 81% profit on original sum,
but it is likely that I will exceed that. EUR/USD momentum has been sucked out of it, and EUR/TRY is near all-time highs (those from August 2018 when the Lira plummeted to all-time lows = USD/TRY and EUR/TRY reach all-time highs that have since remained unchallenged).

This is an interesting time because I have been looking at other pairs but it is quite a lot of work getting to ‘know’ various pairs, and I would rather stick to these two pairs that I know very well in terms of levels, average momentum, drivers etc. than start all over with a third or fourth pair. But I did glance over to other exotics that I used to keep on my watchlist (USD/MXN, USD/ZAR and USD/SEK) but I did not see clear direction, or clear enough to divert my attention from my current pairs.

Also, keeping an eye on lots of charts is confusing and trying to remember levels is quite a challenge. I would rather wait now and sit on my hands, given that even at +74% I have done really well this year (and my year would finish at the end of June, so I just have to be a bit more conservative about which trades to take).

That is all from now.
Take care, stay safe, and
happy trading.

Okay, back up and surpassed previous profits: now up at 85.29% (since starting this round of trading in July 2019).

Heading toward the 90% mark, possibly.

Happy trading.

Hey everyone,

I hope you are safe and well.

My account is now at +93,4%…

I will go live again in July.

Good job @PipMeHappy! Keep killing it!

1 Like

Cheers Krugman, make that +94.4 now!

1 Like

Actually, now 95.39!

Morning all…

+98.71%

The 100 mark is within reach, at which point I will stop…

I have achieved enough this year…

:smile:

I did it!!! Reached 100% profit yesterday!!!

2 Likes

Congratulations on hitting your goal mate I know your stoked! I’m also getting close to what I wanted to achieve for the year. After that you sit back and relax.

1 Like

@momoisnyc Thanks mate. I never set out to double my (demo) account, it would have been arrogant of me to ‘expect’ such a result from the currency markets… I only wanted to be profitable for one straight year, even if it was 10%… I have made and lost money, sometimes I even gave back 20% but I bounced back each time and inched up and up until I was so close to 100% that I went the extra length to get there because it is a huge psychological milestone.

Now this does not make me invincible and I will have the same challenge from July for the year ahead. My parents have given me a small sum to trade for them, but it is a risk-free, guilt-free sum so they will not stand to lose if it does not turn out to be a great trading year. It will be a great challenge for me to trade someone else’s money. I have also saved up to trade my own money and I am thinking about that too, whether I can trade two accounts in parallel, with the time that I can give to trading.

What about you?

1 Like

The biggest barrier to face is the psychological aspect. Even when you see everything going your way you may have a few losers and start second guessing or doubting. Well I’m now looking to diversify my portfolio honestly. I actually want to trade commodities as well this year and have finally starting trading gold as well. I still make my bread/butter in forex don’t get me wrong but I want to be open to all financial avenues and I just want to learn more to be honest. Forex has really made me want to learn more about things I knew nothing about. So I’ve been on a conquest of reading 10-15 books per month mainly material in regards to trading. I’m also finally going to show my strategies, analysis, and what I go through to start a fresh week of trading.

1 Like

@anon46773462 Thanks for popping by!!

@momoisnyc Good stuff! Do you hope to get into stocks etc.?

Yes I’m looking to get into stocks later this year as well - I just don’t want to enter at this current moment yet. Still feel like I have a bit more to learn and want to test out a few more strategies as well.

1 Like

We have both been around here for some years now and I am always interested in your progress. You are a fine example to others on their journeys, and I am so happy to see you achieving positive results! :slight_smile:

You demonstrate a systematic and tenacious approach to learning and developing your own trading methods and are clearly proving that a) it can be done and b) it requires hard work, persistence and determination.

Hope you and your family are keeping well!

1 Like