My journal - Greg Pawlak

i think this is probably right

they do say that trading can be really boring - when you’re doing it very well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile:

Warren Buffett says, “the stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient” same thing you can say about the forex market. Trade when the market is ready, not when you are ready.

3 Likes

two trades last week

1 Like

That’s a nice spike! Someone earned a day off! haha

1 Like

no trade last week

1 Like

I guess I’m being lame by saying this, but I get excited when you say ¨no trade last week¨.

It’s kinda like flexing your patience muscle! I know you’re waiting for favourable setups. Keep going!

1 Like

I think not, you just found / discover other kind of trading which you like and sharing it with community, it is natural part in trading journey :slight_smile: One strategy left from portfolio in this broker, that is why trades are rare, but I have an account in other broker with more strategies.

1 Like

Do you have another strategy in which you trade more frequently? If so, how frequently? Several trades per day?

It would be difficult for me to imagine a person who can trade once or twice a week in one strategy, then have another strategy trading several times per day.

That’s two different ways of thinking at the same time! That’s a lot of discipline!

Recently, I changed broker, so I built new portfolio. It is several trades per week my results are available in My Fx Book :arrow_right: http://profesorpips.com/LittlePortfolio

after develop strategies, my task is supervising strategies and servers, you can learn it :wink:

1 Like

one trade last week which close with loss.

If you’re emotionally involved in trading and can’t handle it, you’ll have the opportunity to correct this with my second account - you’ll get access to real-time execution of my trades. The condition is to know the basics of trading, like the school of pipsology. If you are at the very beginning of gaining knowledge, do not take the place of others who already have some knowledge and experience, the number of places is limited. Soon more details on my profile.

Results of my second account :arrow_right: [http://profesorpips.com/LittlePortfolio ]

1 Like

First account results

Second account results

1 Like

Both accounts are doing well. Why not just focus on one strategy? What are the advantages/disadvantages (for you personally) of working two strategies?

Is it about time? Does the long-term strategy leave you with too much inactive capital?

Or is it just about the challenge? Just for the fun of it?

Thanks :slight_smile: My second account trade via portfolio of 5 strategies on different currency pairs. Why want I to do it? Because I want to decrease risk in trading. If you are trade one strategy on one instrument, you can meet market condition like below.

If you are short before this move, it will be ok, you are in profit, but if not? you will be in huge loss and debt. You should always avoid lost all your capital.

1 Like

I think I have read this statement in almost every thread you participate on. I cant help but curious as to why you always mention your 40 years in programming, every time? Are you selling EAs or Bots?

2 Likes

I am loving the way you trust your system. That drawdown is more than enough to initiate a feeling of doubt.

2 Likes

no trades on first account

second account results below

1 Like

1 Like

one loss trade last week

1 Like

second account achieved new high