My journey journal...from demo to live...and beyond

Hey Journal!

Well, we’re at the end of the day now. I’m winding it down. Got a lot of work done. I do want to show you, but, you might fall asleep.

No Mike, I’ll listen.
What do you got?

Well, I worked on my most important mind maps. And I feel good about them. See, I think I finally got them to be what I want them to be. Practical. So, hope your ready. I’m just gonna fire them away.

That’s what I accomplished today, Journal.
Oh, and yeah, my trade is running nicely. Looks like I will be dealing with the exit at some point.
The plan — well, is to watch the blue line. Geeez…as I type this, the market is going crazy. I need to think about my exit this evening. I’ll tell you what I do.

Look.

All the profit, that was gained today, just got wiped out. So, do I wait for the hour to end? Well, it is approaching 5pm. Which is the end of the day. I have to stick with the plan. I need to see a crossover, on my time frame. Plus, I need to know where the blue line is going. If it’s down, then I have to jump.

Alright Journal, got to run.

Mike

1 Like

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Ok. Here we go Journal. We need to talk. And, yeah, you know about what. I’ve learned a lesson. And it’s not over, till I get it all out. Here, and now.

Well, you know what’s it about. My exit. It’s what happened yesterday when I last left you. I mean, you seen what the market did. And to be honest about it, yeah, I did have in my mind of the possibility that this was an anomaly. Well, now that I look back on it, it wasn’t. So, let’s get down to it. I’m not afraid.

I HAD NO STOP LOSS SET!

Talk about forgetting about protecting the account. I didn’t. Man…I just did not protect my account. What a mistake. Sure, it’s in my mind, somewhere. But, in real terms, I failed. I admit it. I’m not aware of what can happen in the market. I failed myself. I’m a dummy. There’s no excuse. I take full responsibility for that. And, well, yeah, I drank the full glass of water. It doesn’t feel good. It hurts. It’s like a personal thing. I’ve should have known better! I messed up. I wasn’t thinking correctly, whatsoever. I am not as good as I think I am. I don’t care. I will lay down on the ground. Take it all in. It’s defeat. I want it to hurt. For the sole purpose of not doing it again. I mean, seriously, who do I think I am? Someone good? Someone who can get away with profit all the time? Someone who’s making progress?

Well, not this time. But, I want to remember this. And, I want to move on. But first, I need to realize the principle. And the principle here is what I have already said. Always protect the account! That’s exactly what Terry told me. I mean, I talked about that already. See, it’s in my head, somewhere. But, I guess it’s not a reality. Like, of high importance to me. Well, it is now.

This is not going to happen again. I want to move on. It’s like a sore. This will hurt, and be remembered for some time to come. I do not want to be caught with my pants down again. It’s the controls in place that I need. I had profit being accumulated all day long. And wouldn’t you know it, it only took seconds to get wiped out. Like, that quick. It happened as I was typing my final post here. What a shocker. I guess I didn’t realize what could happen. I guess I used hope. Thinking that it was an anomaly. And then, you should have seen the spread taking place at that time. Man, it went up so high. Well, it normally does right around 5pm, end of day. It goes to like 7 pips, then up to 10 pips, then 12. I think the highest I’ve ever seen it go is 15 pips, of a spread. I know I can’t trade when it’s that high.

Anyway. I want to move on. I am laying down a hard rule. My exit is going to be the blue line. When I’m in profit like that, there’s no reason why I can’t keep moving the stop loss higher and higher. It’ll be like this (and this has been the way I think when the trade progresses). The trade takes. Moving in the direction that I want. The first thing I’m looking at is where actual price is at in conjunction with where I got in at. Then the next thing is waiting for is my blue line to get to where my entry was at. See, that takes some time. Cause it’s average price, much slower. So basically, to me, that’s the first milestone. Once that occurs, price is up there a good ways. Well, that’s going to be the time when I place my first stop loss. It will be at break even. Then, as it progresses up the line, hour after hour (cause that’s my time frame candles move, each hour) I will continually move the stop loss higher, right at the price of the blue line. That’s called locking in profits. Sure, it’s not much profit as compared to where actual price is at. But, it will have to be my safety net.

Yeah, that’s what it’s all about. Having a safety net in place. I think it’s more of a defensive move, more than trying for how much profit I can get. See, I guess I need to work on defense first. Than offense. I mean, that only makes sense. I need to earn my way upward. Little by little. Yeah, it’s the Kaizen way (spelled out in my mind map). So yeah, that’s a good principle. I need to earn my way up the ladder.

I can do that. I’m patient.

Well, the process starts all over again. It starts with the entry. Hopefully I can repeat the same thing as last time. It was a success. And then, if it goes good, I will be working on the managing part of a trade. Which, now I know, means manage the stop loss! On the way up. And then, looks like I will be working on the exit, after that.

Alright Journal, I feel better. Now I can move on. So today, I will keep an eye on the market for another buy opportunity. If it happens, nice. If not, oh well. In the meantime, I got some work to do. I have to get to the bottom of something. I will use my learning mind map, as well as the practice, & thinking also. On this subject. It’s been on my mind today.

Expectations.
What is it?
Should I expect things?
Should I not expect things?
Is this a character quality that is bad?
A similar word with it is assumptions.

Ok Journal, got to run.

Mike

1 Like

Good Afternoon Journal!

Good Afternoon Mike.

And here we are, approaching 4:30, and quitting time soon (5). Well, I had a productive day today. Got a lot done. That reminds me of some good mind maps I done earlier. Yeah, so, let’s get that out of the way now, before I get into the trading part.

Here’s my TIME mind map. Do you remember what I think about time? Well, yeah, I think it’s foundational to our lives. So, when I want to know what I’m doing with my time, I will go to this mind map. It should explain all of what I’m doing with it. Will be used a lot. Like everyday.

This will be my point mind map. It will lead to others, I’m sure.

This my ENERGY mind map. It’ll explain how I take care of my body.

And, well, I couldn’t do my MONEY mind map. It’s too premature for that, at this stage of the game. I just can’t. The time is not right, cause nothing is happening with the money yet. What can I say?

And finally, the most important mind maps of all. Well, to date, this is the best I’ve gotten on them. ENTRY. MANAGE.

That one you read from top right, and clockwise, around.

Well, sorry, but I didn’t do my exit mind map. It’s still in progress. I mean, I need some experience purposefully planning out an exit ( one’s that are not stopped out ).

Well, the only other mind map I did was my VALUES one. That is monstrous. I have 105 values noted, that I feel are me. But, I had to consolidate them to just 10. And then I prioritized them. But, I’m not done with the mind map either. Because they are going to change. I’m up to something, with it. It has to do with goals, and a shifting of the most important values that relate to the goals. It’s complicated. Tell you later.

Running out of time here. But, in regards to my trading. Well, it’s going good. Let me just show you. I take a screen shot of every move I make.

Can’t see. So, here’s the shot a few seconds later.

This is when it crossed up and over. Going good.

Still going good. (BTW, we’re only concerned with the bottom left block.

I’ve been constantly moving my stops after every 2 candles.

And again, moving stop.

And well, that’s the latest. Meaning, my stop…

Hold the phone.
Well, now I have the latest. Got stopped out.

It’s over. Thank God! Well, I guess it didn’t matter. My stop was not going to move. Anyway. It was a good trade, I think.
Let’s see. Doing some metrics right now.
+19 pips.
Risked 2% of the account. Which made the position size.
.78% total gain. For the day. One trade only.

Alright, not so bad. In fact, I think it went awesome. I followed the plan. And we’ll have to pick it up again tomorrow.

Journal…go ahead…ask me…if I will EVER not have a stop loss safety net in place.

Lesson learned.
On to the next lesson.

Mike

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, I’ve got to tell you about this.
So, yesterday, I always open the market back up, in between 7 - 8 pm. Cause I need to run the daily numbers. That’s on a different platform. But, while I’m there of course, I will open up my trading platform, just to see where things are at. So, if something looks interesting, as I’m running the numbers, I will pay attention. And yes…it was interesting. Here we go again. Again? Are you serious? By golly, looks like the opportunity is striking again. Well, what am I going to do now? Yeah, I can see it now. I go to bed and wake up to a ragging bull market. On my time frame. So, I’m sitting there, pondering all about it.

Like…do I take the opportunity? Or do I set boundaries about when I trade? I could go either way. So, I continue to run the numbers. And every couple minutes take a look over at the live market. Boy - oh - boy. This is getting my attention. Big time. So…you know what…it’s the opportunity…that I have to take. I mean, the set up is happening! I mean, all I’m going to do is pull the trigger, with a stop loss set, and let it go. I don’t have to manage it the whole time. So, I did precisely that. I did run a little bit later. Trish was wondering if everything was ok. She was waiting for me to come into the bedroom. To retire. We’re only talking about 15 minutes later. That’s all. But, I had to take it. I don’t want any regrets. Plus, the benefits will outweigh the risk.

This is what it looked like when I pulled the trigger.

Bottom left, my time frame. I mean, my lines were on top of each other. I know, I know. We didn’t go from a complete opposite trend, back into the running trend. To be nit-picky about it, looks like it wasn’t a total and complete by-the-book set up. But, on the other hand, the 2 lines did meet each other.

Anyway, well, what happened this morning? Let’s look.

Oh…My…Goodness…
It happened.
And that’s when I adjusted my stop loss, cause all I had on there at the onset was the threshold stop loss. So, this is the first time that I got to looking at it. So, you know, I do the managing. Which means adjusting the stop loss to where the blue price line is at, at the previous closed candle.

Then, I’m just continuing to adjust my stop loss after each candle (hour). It’s only a couple pips at a time.

And the latest is here.

Well, as it stands now, I locked in 29 pips of profit. Like, no matter what, that’s at least what I will end up with.
Are you kidding me ???..That’s awesome!

Anyway, it’s running. And I’m following.
We’ll just have to see what the US has in store. Will they continue it? Or bend it. I don’t know. I don’t care. I will just follow.

Well Journal, let’s look back. Did I do the right thing last night?
I know, stupid question. Of course I did. So that makes me think that the only time I can possibly take opportunities will be from around 4am all the way up to around 8pm ish. Whatever happens after that, I just can’t take those opportunities. I mean, I guess that should be ok. Out of 24 hours in a day, only 8 of them I will be absent from.

I’ll buy that. I do not want this to rule me. But, on the other hand, all we’re talking about is the few seconds worth of time to make the trade. Then to let it run. So, I don’t know. Some of my thinking there.

Alright Journal gonna bit her good-bye now. Then, it’s back to work. I’m hoping to complete my framework by the end of the week. I just want it all set up. You know, my working mind maps in place. This way I have some sort of base to work off of.

Mike

Hey Journal!

Hey Mike.

Well, I had a very productive day today. I got done more than I planned on. I outlined, on my ‘time’ mind map, what I wanted to get done today. Well, I took care of all that at about lunch time. So, I went further and working on the stuff that I want to finish before the end of the week. I know, only one more day left. But, I did good. And definitely feel good about all I got set up, so far. Tomorrow should be the finishing touches of what I want to accomplish. Oh…you’ll hear about it. Don’t worry Journal.

So…my trade.
Nod…nod…nod.
It just keeps going up. And every hour I’m upping my stop loss.
So, I’m not going to give you play-by-play. But, just know, it’s not stopping.

Here’s the 4 o’clock hour stop loss shot.

I bought it at 82.551, last night, remember?
Just locked in 66.9 pips.
In the bank.
No worries.

I got to run.
Learning how to cook!
(If you only knew what kind of feat that is.)

Mike

P.S. —Trading is a walk in the park…compared to that.

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

So, let’s talk a little. I need to get some work done today (as always).
Well, that trade of mine…wow. I can’t believe it. Guess when it was ended?
Well, I can tell you, that my stop loss didn’t take me out. I did!
Yeah, it was this morning, when I woke up. I woke up a bit early, 3:28. The power went off, then came right back on. But, that sent me up. So, I got a jump on things. And that’s when I pulled up the charts. Just to see what was going on. And this is what I saw.

So, again, bottom left is my 1hr time frame, that I trade. Well, see that red line going down? That is at 8pm my time, yesterday, end of day. And that’s when I kinda thought that my stop loss would’ve taken. But nope. My trade continued. All night long. So, immediately, when I opened this up, is when I jumped. Why? Well, dog-gone looks like the trend is over. My lines are about crossing. So I did a market jump. Here it is.

I got out at 83.298, as you can see. And also it ended my stop loss, which was set at 83.220. So, ok, I made a little bit more than if it would have run out. But, what can I do. I wasn’t present to manage. Yeah, just imagine if I was up all night. I would’ve made a lot more. But, I seriously don’t care about that. There is absolutely nothing I can do. It’s the nature of when business is open, and when it’s not.

So, needless to say, this was a successful trade. Here is my metrics on it. Wait…I got to consult my ‘metrics’ mind map for the data.
That’s 2 wins in a row.
74 pip win on that.
Risked 2%, which determined my stop loss at the start.
11.4% increase to my account balance.

So far, that’s the only data I have. Probably more might be developed in time to come.
So…I’m satisfied. And very happy about that.
I mean, I have to remember in what context we have been in lately. It’s been a bull market. Relatively speaking. According to my DAILY’S chart. And, I do know that it won’t always be like this. What’s going to happen when it gets ranging? Well, we will see. I might have to determine when I don’t get in on every crossover. Something is going to have to tell me that. That’s all. When I get to that point, then I’ll deal with it.

Anyway, at least I can say that I’ve been successful during a trending time period. It’s a start. There’s so much to figure out though. And that reminds me of where I’m at with my mind maps. Cause presently, I’m on my money management one, and also risk management. Boy, there’s a lot of thought going into those. That’s what I should be finishing up with today. Oh, I’ve made much progress with them both yesterday afternoon.

But, today, the plan is to put a wrap on the construction of all of my mind maps. It’s the framework that I want in place. I want those to guide me in all the stuff that I will need to work on. Plus there are some that just tells what my business is all about. Cause, I would want someone who doesn’t know anything about trading, the market, Forex, etc…to be able to look at everything and know exactly what’s going on. Maybe even how to operate it. See, it’s not for that purpose, but moreso for the purpose of getting into all the details about my trading business. It’s for me. So that I can always take the helicopter down to the ground level and dissect whatever aspect needs changing, or altered. That is the purpose of all my mind maps. Like I said, it’s my framework. And it’ll help me build. Cause, dog-gone it, I want to build my trading business. Oh, and it’s for me, and me only. That kind of reminds me of what we learned during our classes. See, I guess some people want to build their business for different purposes. Like as a legacy. Like to be carried on. Man…I remember thinking a lot about that. I don’t care what happens after I die. First off, everyone is different. There should not be any one same system used. Maybe unless your a twin to someone.

Ok. That’s nice.

Alright Journal, got to run.
Catch you later.

Mike

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, my morning went good. Surprisingly. Cause, boy, was I upset with myself yesterday. For dinner. Man…I shouldn’t have. I ate the whole thing! Me and Trish got some subs and french fries from a good restaurant. Picked it up and brought it home. Man…was it good. Oh my goodness. But, I got 2 6inch ones. And I should have stopped after eating the first one. But, I didn’t. I mean, I knew it at the time. This is not going to end well. But, in the moment, that has got to be one of the hardest things on earth for me to do. Talk about self control. Yeah, and I thought I had some. Absolutely not. I do not. I can’t control myself. In that regards.

Well, it made for a not so good of a night. It was only a little bit later that I felt sooooooo full. And, of course, that leads me to be tired. And well, you know what that means. I’m falling asleep early. And, I did. We’re talking early. This scenario has taken place too many times in the past. Therefore, what I’m going to have to do today, again, is some damage control. See, she doesn’t like when I fall asleep early like that. Basically, it takes away from our time together. Don’t get me wrong, I agree with that also. I mean, we both enjoy our time together. Well, last night, there was none. I was out.

Anyway, this was going to have some ill effects on my running, also, in the morning. See, there’s two sides to it. The exercising part of it, but the food intake part of it is just as important. I slipped up. Well, it happens, like once a week or so. But, it just makes it soooooooo difficult when I have to go running. Doesn’t it only make sense to not have that much food in you when you got to run? Yes, it does. Anyway, I got through it. And, actually, surprised myself by running as far as I did. Basically, I’m at doing the complete route twice. Which is a total of 1.2 miles. I know, that’s not all that far, but, that’s where I’m at. Boy, I tell ya, the older you get, the harder it gets. Plus I let myself go for too long. So, that’s like a couple strikes against me. But, the only thing that I can brag about is the drive that I have. I mean, I’m doing it! Consistently. This is happening. I’ve been successful with my exercising. But, not so much, all the time, with my food intake part of it. That is what I got to work on. And it’s all about self-control.

Ok. That’s all good and nice. Anyway, this morning, I got to completing all of the DAILY’S, and weekly numbers. Boy, do I enjoy that. And, you know what? I haven’t talked about this for some time. Until now. I want to. Let’s do this.

Let me bring it in. We’re in the helicopter. Gonna take some pictures as we come on down to the ground level. So, what’s going on in the market? What’s the sentiment? What I see, is a risk-on environment.

What do I see here? Well, the biggest thing is how the JPY has dropped out of the sky. Noticed more on the weekly time frame line-up. Just last weekend they placed 2nd. Now their last. And speaking of the other safe haven currency, the CHF, they have dropped also.
So, what about the Comms? The are elevated. CAD leading the way. Then my AUD. Man, do you remember the fall in the middle of the week. Yeah, I do. Something happened. In fact, Journal, I know you remember, because it started to happen as I was writing to you. Then showed it to you. I didn’t know what was happening, at the time. But, it did. It fell a good bit. But, I think, because of how much they were already climbing, the correction was not all that major. And sure enough, the recovery took place not too long afterwards. I know, cause I’ve been making some money off of that.

Yeah, that’s nice. Well, the NZD is climbing also. You should see how close they are to taking over the CHF. We’re talking I had to get the microscope out to see that the CHF just barely edged out the NZD. Anyway. Let’s go in a little closer.

Sorry for a similar pic, but this narrows down only the JPY as compared to the Comms. It makes it easier to see that relationship clearer. I think this has legs. Probably will see the NZD lift off soon and join his brothers. Take a look back in June, there. They are the top dog. I don’t know. In any case, it’s interesting.

This shows me how strong/weak the JPY is compared to the entire field, as a whole. Yeah, no brainer. But, I do like how consistent it’s been. Nice and steady. “Nice and easy Happy”. Sorry…reminded me of a funny movie. Adam Sandler golfing.

Ok. Well, I want to move in on my pair. In reality, this is the most important piece of data, for me. Cause, this will tell me in which direction I trade in.

I didn’t note it on that, but, this is the pip spread of AUD/JPY. Above the 0 will be positive for the AUD, against the JPY. But, regardless, I can see that the AUD has been climbing against the Yen for a while now. Yep, nice and easy.

I know you probably don’t understand much when I show this, but it tells me very much. I probably could go crazy with the numbers, if ever I wanted to. But, in any case, I think it’s good to know where all my numbers are at. All I’m doing is keeping track of price (in red), the 5ema line (light blue), the 9ema line (dark blue), and 21ema line (tan). On the daily time frame. Weekly time frame, on top of every Friday. Monthly time frame (start of every month). At the very top is the pip spread between the 5 & 9. And below that is the running total pip spread during whatever trend it is in (like if I got in at the crossover to the opposite end of the crossover). Well, you can see there of a complete trend (in red), favoring the JPY. And, if you look closely, on the daily, where my crossover’s have taken place. It’s an extra block in that line up.

Ok. That’s all good and nice. Everything explained. Sorry, I like explaining stuff.

Let’s see, what else?
Man…I don’t know. Oh, ok. I remember. I didn’t show you my last trade, taken on Friday. Yeah, I got in one. But, it didn’t go into a lot of profit. But, at least it went high enough for me to be able to move my stop loss up to break even. Let’s look.

Now we can see it.

Man, I remember, this was going to be early. But, you know what? I wanted in on that blue line. It showed 83.211 (bottom left). I mean, look up at the top right (15min). It crossed up and over. And also that shows on the smaller time frames. 5min & 1min. We’re moving higher.

This is when I moved my stop up to break even.

Yeah, it climbed. Nice. And even crossed up and over. Technically. That’s when I’m supposed to do the break even action.
Well, how did it end?

This is the very latest. Like, I just took this picture right now. And…I’m surprised. Pleasantly! Nice. I thought it was going to be stuck at around the 30 mark. So. Yeah. Take a look at the spread. It’s at 15. I think that’s the farthest it’ll get. So, as is stands, maybe I’ll be good for a while. Who knows. Anything can happen over the weekend. But, it really doesn’t matter to me. Cause, I won’t lose. The worst that can happen is I get stopped out, at break even. Geez. I hope that won’t be the case. Nothing else I can do. Right?

So, man, I’m encouraged. Looking good. So far. We’ll just see how it plays out.

In the meantime, I will be working on a different aspect of my business. Next week, I plan on working on my wall. Yeah. I need to get organized about that. Way more than it is now. I don’t know, I had to start somewhere, right? I just wanted to start writing on it, since I got it all set up. I will probably erase everything and get some kind of system. This is like a tool for me. For as forgetful as I am, this should help, in that regards. When I think about it, there has to be a purpose for everything. And I need to get a good purpose for this. I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer. So…I got to do what I got to do. You know?

Whatever it takes. But…I am going to build.

Alright Journal, I’m done talking.

Got some damage control to do.

Mike

1 Like

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Man Journal, do I have so much to do today. I have to get you caught up on what I’m working on. It all started on Saturday. I was reading something (a Neil Fuller write up), and boy, did it match what I was killing myself on, on Friday. It was my original idea, but I guess someone else thought of it first. But, in the end, it all comes from me.

This has to do with my Money Management system. My idea got me to buy the things that I need. And I set it up on Saturday. I spent a whole lot of time constructing the set up. Well, I don’t want to do all of the explaining right now. As time goes, it’ll all be spelled out. Plus, I’m not done, by far. And that’s what today’s gonna entail. I desperately need to complete my idea. This is essential to my trading. I’m in the middle of figuring it all out. So, this should get you caught up on what I’ve been working on. 2 pics. Hold on to your seat. It’s a lot to take in.

This is far from being done. I have so much to figure out.
That’s my sole purpose today.
Bottom line is I’m going to get to the bottom of money management. The way I feel is best.

Be back sometime later Journal.

Mike

1 Like

Hey Journal!

Hey Mike.

Well, I think I got it now. Boy, have I been busy lately. I developed this system that should help me in my money management aspect. And now, I want to do some explaining. But first, here’s the latest on my wall.

So Journal, it all started last week when I got down and dirty with my money management rules. And more specifically, I want to know how much should I put on a trade. That, I believe, is a crucial part of my trades. And boy, do I remember Terry telling me, "Mike, don’t be structured about how much to put on a trade. That’s b.s. when then tell you only to go 1%, or 2%. No. Forget that. I want you to pick a dollar amount. What are you comfortable with losing? In a dollar amount.

Well, I pondered that like you don’t know. And you know me, Mr. Psychology. Boy, I went pretty deep. Like, you should of seen my mind map of all the questions, factors, that go into what would make me pick that number. Let’s see, I’ll shoot out some factors.
What happened last time? — Should this have any bearing on what I need to do next?
Am I on a string of winners? — Am I due for a loss soon? Or am I on a roll?
Am I on a string of losers? — Am I due for a win soon? Or will I continue to lose?
How confident do I feel about the current market conditions? — Do I have a bias already in place?
What are my wins vs. losses? — Should I up what my average has been? Or lower what it’s been?
How much do I believe I can lose it? — Is this really a reality in my mind?

You get the picture, Journal. There is sooooo much that really goes into answering that question. And guess what? I want to know. That’s why it’s been taking me so long to get to the bottom of this. Well, for the simpleton that I am, I’ve come up with this system in which I can keep the perspective fresh on my mind. I guess this is a representation of what’s really gonna happen to my account when the money comes and goes, from it.

Why not? Right? If I can pay attention to what’s at risk at all times, in comparison to my account, then it has to help. Look, up there at the first pic. This is when I started to get somewhere. When I asked those simple questions.
How much have I been losing lately?
What condition is my account balance in now?
How much have I been winning lately?
I think the answers to those questions are pretty imperative. And guess what? It won’t take long for me to see it visually. Plus, if I want to risk a little bit more, then I have a reason. If I want to risk a little less, then again, I will have a good reason for it. I think this is pretty dynamic. Meaning, it changes as time goes on. And, I think it should be that way. Nothing should be static. Like how much of a % should I wager.

Also, I believe this should make the numbers more real. By touching, comparing, visually handling what I’m going to risk, has got to help matters. I mean, do you think that I’m gonna want to see that LOSS jar keep getting filled up? No way. I want to keep that down to zero. So, this system, I believe, will be more focused on watching the losses, more than anything.

Sure, I do want to see how much I win, also. There’s nothing wrong with that. What I want is reality. This is a way for me to make tangible my account. And the risk I take. As we all know, there shouldn’t be anything more important than knowing what’s at risk, at any one time.

This is the primary purpose I have for this system. I need to know what’s at risk. And what does it look like as compared to my account (that’s why I needed something big for an account jar. The bigger, the more real it should be. In my mind anyway.

Well Journal, I think I said my peace. Oh, and hopefully you can understand how each trade will play out. It’s spelled out up there. I can’t think of any other possibility that would take place. This is just how the money will be transferred. From account to account. That’s ---- Wins account. Losses account. Risked account. Total account.

Oh, and you know me. I’m all about details. Well, each and every gem stone will be equivalent to how much money in reality I will have. Meaning, it’ll be proportionate. So, one percent of the stones will be equivalent to one percent of my account. I need real stuff going on here.

Alright Journal, that should get you up to date.

We’ll be in touch.

Mike

Hey Journal!

Hey Mike.

Yeah, I guess I do forget about you in the morning time. Sorry. But, man, have I been busy. Oh, I know why. Because I haven’t been able to tally the daily numbers at night lately. I don’t know, there’s reasons. But, it’s not all that big of a deal. I mean, there is a trend in place, so it’s not like the direction I’m going in is going to change overnight. So, I’ve been doing that stuff early.

Oh, and yeah, I guess I didn’t tell you that another reason is that I fall asleep early. Boy, once again, I had to do some damage control again this morning. Man! Well, at least it’s not every night. Well, she would say so. But honestly, it’s not. I guess we would agree on it happening a lot.

What can I say?

So, in any case, I’ve been so very busy during my days. I’m figuring stuff out. This week has to do with my trades. Well, why don’t I just shoot over to you what I just got done doing. I think it’s a piece of art work. That’s why I took pics. Cause, it can’t stay up there. I need a place to write, when I figure stuff out.

From the top down.

Ok. So. That’s nice.
And, to the right of all that, I have a running trade that I placed today. I need details. And so, that’s what I got. This follows to what’s on the left. All grouped to what you see up there.

Well, the trade is moving quite nicely today. But boy-o-boy, it just took off this morning! I’m trying to be patient about it, to no avail. Man…I guess you need to have some idea that a run is about to take place. Well, let me show you the chart. Maybe there was.

This is what it looked like when I pulled the trigger. So much for waiting. Dog-gone it. But, now that I look back on it, there sure does look there was an indication. How about that very large last red candle? And then the doji candle following. Man…do I beat myself up about not seeing it coming? I’m starting to wonder about these price action candles. I think they might be telling. And how much stock do I put into reading candles like this? Man, I just don’t know. Cause, you know me, I can go crazy on that if I wanted to.

I don’t know. This is hindsight. It’s evil to think that I should have done something differently. After-the-fact. Well, in any case, I’m going to remember this. And that’s precisely why I’m starting to make some notes on all of my trades. I didn’t put this down about the candle construction. Maybe I should, for future reference. I mean, if it will prepare me, somehow, about a change in direction, then why not? Not that it will always happen like this. But, for a possible heads up. Maybe I should.

Alright. I’m going to do this now.

Ok Journal.
That’s my story…and I’m sticking to it.

Mike

1 Like

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, I had a good morning. Man…I do so much all the way up to this point. And that’s every morning. I guess that’s a good thing. I’m productive. Boy, my running is going so well. The muscles feel pretty good. Still feel it, but so much bearable lately. Oh, and my breathing is awesome. Man, I can run more and more every time. I’m not out of breath as much now, as it used to be. But, I just add on a little farther each time. At the very end of every run I keep saying to myself, Kaizen. (That’s little by little). Oh, I definitely want to go much farther, but I don’t. I probably run around 1.4 miles now. Geeeez. See, to me, that’s not a lot at all. When I was in the Army ( a life time ago), we always had to run the 2 mile. That was a minimum requirement. Well, it shouldn’t be too much longer that I will be doing that on a daily basis.

So, everything good, in that respects. Oh, Journal, don’t worry, we had a good night last night. Me and Trish are close. You never need to worry about that. She knows how I am, at times. So, basically, I’ve been productive all the way around.

Speaking of that. Let’s talk trading. I’m making headway. And that’s what’s been on my plate lately. I want to get the trading process under control. It’s more like the documentation of all trades. I mean, it only makes sense. Whenever I trade, I want details about them through and through. This way I have a system in place for learning about them. You know, the mistakes that might happen, etc…I want to learn as I progress. I feel that I learn the best by going through it. So, wouldn’t I want to milk out that process? Surely, as every newbie should know, we tend to want to make the same mistakes over and over again. So, I believe, the more I pay attention to what’s presently going on with the trades, and me, within the process, I should find out what works and not works more efficiently.

Given all that nonsense, let’s just take a look at what I’m talking about. Here’s exactly what happened with the trade yesterday.

And while I’m at it, I’ll show you what I completed yesterday, with my Learning Process steps.

So, the plan would be to write the answers to those questions on the right. I’m thinking this should get to the heart of the matter. You know, that’s one thing I realized lately. That the real key to figuring anything out, is to ask the right questions. Believe me, I put that up on my Thinking mind map. Cause, when I want to figure something out, all I have to do is start asking questions. Journal, this has been a real eye opener to me. A real revelation.

Ok. That’s all good and nice. Well, I got some work to do today. Let’s see…what does my Time mind map show that I want to accomplish today, this week.

Alright Journal. And of course I will be having an eye on the market. Boy, it kind of looks like it did yesterday during this time of the morning. DOWN. Anyway, I’m starting to get the sense that things occur as a pattern. I don’t know, it’s hard to explain what my thought is right now. Kind of like a routine of what the market does. There is some sort of pattern playing out at all times. Like, I wait and wait and wait. Then it will go to, 'Alright, time to get ready '. And then, here we go again, pulling the trigger. That whole sort of thing.

Well, I like it!
Definitely nothing I have ever enjoyed more, in my life! Than all of this.

Ok Journal, got to get some work done.
Talk to you later.

Mike

Hey Journal!

Hey Mike.

Well, I got a lot done today. And I think I’m about at the end of construction, believe it or not. Unless I think of something else. So, maybe I will think of something more as I show you all what I got. I mean, I think this is pretty extensive. I still got one more day to think about it. Well, here we go. Sorry Journal, gonna bombard you with my mind maps. And I will do what I do best…explain them, as I go.

I will start with the trading aspect. This is how that whole operation will unfold.

You seen my first trade on the wall already. So it’s like, every trade that I do will follow this method. But, you didn’t see much of the results part of it. So, you will see that on those particular mind maps that will follow.

So then, here’s the Metrics mind map. It’s quite large. 2 shots here.

As I did this, I realized that all my trades won’t be just a one-shot deal. Cause, what if I’m in a long trend, and I add a position? Well, I want metrics on those separately. That’s why everything is either fresh, which means the first time I get in a trade, or it will be an added position. Every trade will be one or the other.

Moving on. Lessons. This is large also. So, it’s in 2 parts. I have my first lesson there.

How about hindsight.

How about mistakes.

Monthly Account Balance. Got to keep track of that, since I will always start out at 100% every month.

As time goes by, I’m wondering if I should divulge this one to you. I don’t know. We’ll see. But anyway, I need to know it.

And so, this is the plan for my wall.

So, I don’t know. I think I covered everything. Here’s what my desk top screen looks like. All of these mind maps are very important to the business. Basically it will explain everything about my business. And also for me to know what I’m working on, you know, like where I would enter into my business to see all what’s going on in there.

Like, when everything is all constructed, which I think I’m at the end, then all I got to do is pick where I want to go. Work on a specific area. Learn something. Etc…
Man, I tell ya, there’s no better way to get organized than this. I feel. It’s like the window’s into my business.
I will ponder what else is crucial, between now and the end of the week. And if nothing, then next week I will be digging into something. We’ll see.

And you’ll know Journal, my buddy.

Alright, got to take the dog out for the last walk.
Oh, and enjoy God’s nature!

Mike

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, I’m finally done with all that I had to do. Been so busy this morning. I’m glad it’s still early. But, between running the numbers, and noting everything on my wall about a trade that took place this morning, man…just busy. Plus, I wanted to do some talking to you.

You aren’t going to believe what happened yesterday. It was around dinner time that I got an email from…guess who? …Yep, the big man himself! Terry.

Oh man, I’m scared. Well, at first, I was so very happy to hear from him. He says that he’s just checking in. I was excited. So, you know what this means, right? We will probably talk soon. Cause that’s what he said, that it would be good for him to find out how I’ve been doing. Like he says, “Now that your running your business full time”.

Ok. Well, after the short lived excitement that I had, that then led to some fear. I mean, the first thing comes to mind is what I’ve been up to. Like, I’m very happy with my progress. As I was just telling you, Journal, how I think I have it all figured out. I mean, my structure anyway. But see, now it’s judgement day. And what is he going to think about all the stuff that I feel good about?

Well, honestly, all I’ve been thinking is that he’s gonna tear me up to shreds. And I’m talking about how good I feel about myself. Well, when I think about it, what’s wrong with a little humble pill? Right? I mean, he knows the business. Who am I to think that this is all right? I very well could be in dream land. This could all be non reality. I know my mind can trick me into thinking things are good, and the way they should be. Man…I guess there’s nothing better than a good dose of reality. Outside introspection.

I don’t know Journal. I guess we’ll find out what he thinks. I mean, one the one hand, will he understand what I do? He doesn’t trade the currency market. He said that he researched this long ago. It wasn’t his cup of tea. And then, he goes and develops this Market Profile system, that is like on the cutting edge of technology. But, I simply can’t afford that. Believe me, it started to break me. Like a hundred or so dollars every month.

I just wonder how objective he will be with where I’m at now. We’re on different markets. Different systems. A different level all together. And, at the moment, I surely don’t have any proof of concept yet. Who knows whether all of this will work? It only makes sense that that will be the tale, right? I mean, he should know what works and what doesn’t, especially when it comes to making money, or running a business. Right?

So anyway, I emailed him back that it would be good to talk. And that he can call me anytime during the day. I gave him hours. My time. Cause he’s on the west coast. In any case, maybe judgement day will be today. I don’t know. But, I’m ready. I can take it. These just are all of my deep rooted thoughts Journal, that’s all. Sure, I’m scared. Who wouldn’t be? I mean, I’m confident in all that I’ve built, up to this point. I trust my system. And, look, if there’s anything that I’m missing, well then, I need to know it. Right? I will accept it. You know, criticism.

When I think about it, that’s got to be my only problem. If I do have one. Which is to think more highly of myself than I ought to. It’s a principle. I don’t want to be that way. I need to take this stuff seriously. I mean, I think I do. I don’t know what else I can possibly do to prepare myself. Without results yet, you know?

We’re just going to have to see all what he says. He is a gentle person. Maybe I’m just looking for approval? And if it doesn’t come, then what? Is this all a pipe dream? I need time. I need time to bear me out. I want so bad to know that this is going to work. Journal, I need to know. I want confidence. That’s what keeps me going. I’m sorry, but that’s the kind of person I am. This whole thing is just too good to be true. And I know how life can be sometimes. Something as big as this, as awesome as this, can it really come true? God, I hope so.

I’m telling you Journal, I want this more than anything. I mean, in my entire life, there has not been a goal that I’ve wanted more. I’ve experienced success before, but, to be successful at this? It just sometimes doesn’t seem real. Like, that it can come true. I will do whatever it takes. I haven’t met anyone who has the drive that I have. And that’s probably all that I have. But, you know what? This is going to take a lot more than drive. How about smarts? Knowledge. The trading ability. The core trading skills. The finesse. I don’t know, instincts? Cleverness? Did I say smarts? Market smarts.

Well, I’m sorry to go on about this Journal. See, no one would know that I think of these things. That’s why I like to type it all out. It’s a release. Maybe deep down inside I’m insecure. All I know is that I will do whatever it takes to earn my way into having my own trading business.

Ok. I’m done talking. I’ll be waiting for the judgment time to come. Wish me luck Journal. I’ll definitely tell you how it goes. Good or bad. In the meantime, I will keep remembering that I am just somebody who needs to learn. I need to learn so much more.

Alright Journal, I’m out.
Got some work to do.

Mike

1 Like

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, let’s address the elephant in the room. It didn’t happen. I’m sorry. I just didn’t get a call from Terry. What can I do? On the one hand, yeah, kinda glad, dogged a bullet. But, on the other, man…that’s all I did yesterday, was go over and over every one of my mind maps. I kept saying to myself, along the way, ‘Not yet, not yet, I’m not finished.’ Cause you know me, ‘mister perfectionist’. Well, it just would have been good to get the test over with. And see where I’m at. How will I look when I walk on out of there? (Like walking in a meeting room looking like Wall Street, then walking out looking like Dawn of the Dead.

Ok, that’s nice. What are we going to talk about now? Uhhh…I don’t know. Well, it’s Saturday now. This is the last thing that happens for the rest of the week for me. I take the rest of the day off, and relax tomorrow.

I had an awesome run this morning.
Been doing good eating wise. Actually, been real proud of myself for not blowing it. Yeah, since last week at this time. Boy…did I hate myself for that. Well, it’s still fresh in my mind. I’m just not going to eat so much. All I concentrate on is small portions. That’s all. I can eat whatever I want. Actually, I think for the first time, I’m eating less than Trish is. She’s so good in that area. I guess some people can obey their minds and not get to the full point. So, I’m getting there, now.

Oh, and speaking of Trish. Well, it happened again. Last night.

Mike…you didn’t.

Yeah Journal, I did. Fell asleep. On the couch. She woke me up. We went into the bedroom. And mentioned to me…'I don’t want to ‘poke the bear’.
Yeah, kinda funny. But, I’m not in such a good mood at that time. You know…groggy.
Well, once again, I’ll have to smooth it over this morning.

Alright Journal, that’s all good and nice. What else, before I call it a work week?
Well, yesterday, I lost on a trade. Then got to thinking about the market. In fact, all of this came about when I created a new mind map. Called Premarket Positioning. It’s in line right before my Entry mind map. Anyway, the purpose of that mind map is to 'Make notes about the market context. Determine which direction I will go in. And a hard rule.

The rule is that I cannot trade until I — Run the daily numbers. And fill out this mind map for the day.
I think this is the smartest way to go about it. Ok. So. I just laid down this rule. But, because I didn’t do this before, like yesterday morning, I would have been more prepared. I would have seen that the market is changing. The sentiment (I wrote all that on my wall, during my trade) has been bending. Look, the risk - on sentiment is turning. I have the numbers to prove it. Even the CHF is coming back from low. I could show you Journal, but trust me, it is. Look, I know someone could say that maybe it could be only a deep pull back, favoring risk-off, and still technically be in risk-on mode. In any case, it’s happening. All I can go on is my one principle. Something stays constant until it changes. WHAT IS IS WHAT IS.

That’s nice, where was I? Oh, my mind map. Well, I think it’s smart to have this order. I need to know what happened I need to be cognizant of what’s presently happening. See, I can’t assume this bias I have will just simply continue. I need to see the numbers first. Then make a judgement, because of them. Numbers first, then my analysis second. Then my trading third. So, this has got to be the order. And well, if I can’t do them during the end of the day, then I’m going to have to do them in the morning. I need set up before I can trade.

And if I would have done that, I would have seen that there’s a bend going on. Sure enough, it’s gaining traction now, the other way. Alright, let me show you what I’m talking about.

See, there. That’s my pair. Well, Monday was a 32. And that is a top. Why? Because it slowly bends down. Tuesday was a 31. Then Wednesday was a 28. See, it’s all getting smaller. Meaning the JPY is getting stronger than the AUD. So then, yesterday, if I would have ran the numbers, and this system in place, I would have seen a 23. Another confirmation that it’s bending. I should have either waited and not traded. Or start thinking of going the other way, which would be short AUD/JPY. I’ve been going long lately.

I mean, I know, this is the first time I’m experiencing this. I’m not beating myself up about it. But, after seeing what happened in the market yesterday, well, it was all going down. And I mean, with some purpose. It’s just happening. So I need to position myself accordingly. That’s all.

I lost on a trade. Then, took an afternoon trade, going down. So, as it stands, I’m in profit now. As it all ended. Still in it also. We’ll see how it fairs. Oh, I guess you can’t see it, but, we’ve been in such a long up trend lately. And it only makes sense to see it go down now. Let’s look.

It’s been climbing since the middle of June. Talk about some conformity. It’s there! I just believe that’s the best I can do, when it comes to finding the best consistent, predictable, pattern. DAILY charts. And so, I think it’s best to position myself accordingly, during the intraday ups and downs.

Well, I’m heading down now. Until I see a change.

And, I have to stick to my rules. It’s the smartest way to go about it. The numbers tell the tale. Then I follow. This is a lesson for me. See, boy, am I glad that I didn’t talk to Terry yesterday before I figured this stuff out. I mean, it only makes sense. And of course, that principle was taught to me by him anyway. He called it the Pre session, Session, Post session work. You know, we had to have each as mind maps.

I’m learning.

Come on Terry, call me now.

I’m sure he’ll cut me up like a piece of meat anyway. Oh well.

Alright Journal, I guess I don’t have anything else.
Plan on enjoying the weekend.
Relax the body.
Read.
Enjoy relationships.

Mike out.

1 Like

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, it’s Monday morning. As is well. Kinda. See, I didn’t sleep so good last night. I don’t know. Usually there’s not much on my mind and I can go to sleep with no problems. But, all I was doing was thinking, and thinking, and thinking. It took me a long time to fall asleep. And that’s not like me. But, actually, what it all comes down to is that I’m worried. I don’t know, about all kinds of stuff. I hate it.

I’m worried about what I’m going to be doing this week, concerning the business. I’m worried about my daughter (We had such a nice visit yesterday with her and the baby, and my youngest.) Oh, and then I had such the bad dream. I lost my wallet and couldn’t find it. Frantically searching, to no avail. And Trish said it again, “You always dream about losing stuff”. Man, if there is a theme about my dreams, that is the biggest one of them all.

But, in any case, I’ve determined some things, that I need to do, because of all of that. So, I will embark on those things today, and this week. So Journal, you ready for this? This is what’s on the plate for today.

I have got to get to the bottom of this subject. Worry.
Let’s see, where do I start? Well, in the broad perspective, this is a mental issue. Psychological. And in this business, sure, it’s a factor. I very well could be noted in my trading weaknesses mind map. Maybe I will put it in there. Cause I’m going to address it. And, I’m going to get to the bottom of it. Like draw out a script, or a list that I can follow when I realize I’m worrying. Kind of like a corrective action thing that I did on my mistakes mind map.

But first, I want to talk about this. That’s where you come in to play. See, I never considered myself a worrier. I do know some people who are. Trish is one of them. But, when I think about it, the person who I’ve ever known to be the most worry wart, was my grandmother. She was called my Gammy (my dads mother). She passed away quite some time ago. In the early 90’s.

Boy, did she worry about everything. And everybody. She definitely was the nicest person that I have ever known. Man, can I go on about that! She was. But anyway, she just wanted everybody to be happy. So, are you ready for this? She came down with cancer. I guess it was breast cancer. And the doctor told that to her probably when she had a mammogram done. She didn’t want anybody to worry about her. She didn’t even say anything to her husband, (pap-pap). Well, eventually, that caught up to her. And I guess one day she had to finally say something. To pap-pap. And by the time he found out, it was too late. There’s nothing anyone could do. We’re talking no treatment or anything. Cause that all would cost money and everything else.

Man, you talk about a sad story. It was. And it couldn’t have happened to a nicer person. Well, what’s that have to do with me? Man…she was a worrier! She cared too much! I guess worrying can be a good thing, and a bad thing.

I have to wonder if something like that, you know, a character trait of someone, gets passed down through the genes. I definitely know things get passed down. Tendencies. How we want to be. I don’t know, maybe a lot of it is learned stuff, instead of physically attached to the genes, sort of stuff. Man, I don’t even really know what it actually means about things being passed down through the genes. Physical? Psychological? Physiological? I’m talking about in real terms.

In any case, I need to ask myself if that is something that I will need to take seriously, because of my Gammy, and my Mom. She was like that also. Definitely known as a worry wart. Yeah, she died at an early age also. From cancer too. Geeeez. She went at the age of 50. Just like I am now.
Man.

Ok. So. Am I prone to worrying? Like, too much? I don’t know. Is this a woman thing? Maybe they worry more than men do. Well, what about my real dad? Man, I just don’t know. I mean, if he did, you wouldn’t know it. He kept everything inside. Like, you couldn’t tell much about what was going on in the inside with him. He wasn’t a talker. Meaning, he didn’t show feelings, emotions much. And talk. He just didn’t. I guess some people wear their heart on their sleeves more than others. And when they don’t convey those things, you just don’t know.

Well, what I want to do today is uncover as much about worrying as possible. You better believe, I’m going to ask questions till I can’t anymore. See, that’s the beginning of learning. Ask the right questions, then find the answers. So much was going through my head last night about this subject. Why?

Cause I don’t want to worry about stuff!! I mean, there’s good and bad about it. For the good part, it should make you get up and act and do whatever you need to do. Whatever that is. Kind of like the nudge that we all need, for whatever the issue it is. But, outside of that, if I can’t do anything about it, then I don’t want to worry about it! Right?

Like trading. I’m sure there’s some things to worry about. But mostly, what we can’t control, we shouldn’t be worrying about. And that’s one of the things I will note. The differences between what’s in our control, to what’s not. Also trust. I’m sure that’s going to be on the opposite side of that argument.

Anyway Journal, I got to do some work now. All of the questions and answers that I can find on that subject, I will be working on. Then, it’s going to go in My Trading Weaknesses mind map. With a course of action to be taken.

Other than that Journal, all is well.
Making a good bit on a running trade. I’m going south. And I have 2 sizes on it. So far so good.

Mike out.

1 Like

Hey Journal!

Hey Mike.

Well, I got some work done today. Man…there just isn’t even hours in a day, huh? It goes by so very quickly. Anyway, I will pick up where I left off. I completed my mind map, on the subject of worry. So, all you have to do is read. Here it is. What you see on the left is the instructions. Then, on the right is what I worried about.

Then, even further, as outlined, I did the very last trade. I’m out of it now. It was a good one. The results are all there.

Well, that’s probably better to see than my wall. Oh…what?..you want to see that too?

No Mike.
Please…no.

Alright, alright.
Anyway.
That trade journal was just the first one. Believe me, I’m going to get detailed. Like, very more detailed. From now on. This was just the start. As I go, we’re gonna go in. Boy…if I can get to the bottom of figuring out why I do what I do, then I think I should be a little bit more successful. I want to figure out what works, and what doesn’t. That’s it. Simple. Just like me.

Alright Journal, I’ll clue you in on what happens next.

Alright Mike.
Don’t worry so much, ok?
It’s all gonna work out.

Thanks Journal.

Mike out.

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, I just got done with a spanking.

Did Terry finally call you?

No. Sorry Journal. Not yet. That’s still to come, I suppose.
But, I just got done filling out my mistake mind map. It was what happened on a trade that I took last night.

See, as I was running the numbers last night, I seen a massive drop, on my pair. I admit, it rattled me. I wanted in. But, I did follow my other rule though. Which is that I cannot trade until I finish with the numbers. So, I do know how to follow rules. But, this was another issue. Let’s see, I’ll set it up for you the way it went. Then I’ll show you my mistake about it.

Sorry you can’t see my bottom left 1hr time frame, when I placed the trade, cause it throws up the confirmation right there! But, I wanted you to see the top row first. On top right (15 min time frame), you can see when the end of day took place (5pm). That’s the red line going down. Well, as I was running the numbers, just looked what happened? I mean, I was waiting like 10 hours for something to happen. So it just did.

And, of course, I’m going down. That’s my direction. So, yeah, this rattled me. I got in. Look, we’re on the down slope. Why not? Well, what about my rules? Anyway, I put in a stop loss, and didn’t wager much. Then went to bed. No problem. I’m not worried.

This morning showed it right at where I got in at. Let’s see it.

This is the shot just after I jumped. Ok. It didn’t really trend anymore down. I manually stopped myself out of it. Just lost a little bit. Actually less than where my stop loss was at.

Here’s my trades journal on it.

And here is my mistake. So, I’ll show you the questions first, and the corresponding answers. They match up, line by line.

Ok Journal, I’m over it. I know what to do. See, I guess my main goal, about my trades, is to not let things go by. What I’m missing here is getting exact details set into place, and for this, my entries. You know how many different aspects there are. The main ones are the waiting period, the entry, the managing, the exit. So, actually, I guess this would fall under the waiting period. Cause I definitely was not waiting on the proper side. I think it’s smarter, and I will have a better chance, when a new trend starts, than whether it will continue or not. This mostly has to do with re-entries. I need a chance to regroup. Hey, I made out on that trend already. And am I going to be greedy and want more? Well, honestly, I did. At the time. But, no more. I mean, I know I can probably make a rule to wager very little just to see the chance if it might continue on more. Cause you never know, right? Nope. I don’t want to get into the whirlwind of taking stab after stab. I’m going to side with being a little more choosy, and take high quality set ups.

So, the lesson here is that I need a waiting period. I will have to wait till it trends in the other direction for awhile before I get going again. We are talking about the 1hr time frame, not the daily. I can wait awhile.

Well, today is the waiting period, cause it’s still going up. I will keep one eye on that while I do something else constructive.

And what’s that going to be Mike?

Man Journal, I don’t know. I got to do some thinking. I’ve learned a lesson today, so far. Maybe look into all my mind maps and figure out a course of action to take. I very well could dive into some values.

Alright Journal, I’ll keep busy.

Mike

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, I figure I should get you up to date on things.
I don’t know, this week has taken a bit of a turn. As I have seen on the very last thing that I posted about, I’ve been wandering lately. I’ve just been wondering what I should be sinking my teeth into. Well, it goes like this. I’ll put it all into perspective.

The first week, which it all started at the beginning of this month, turned out to be an acclimation period. To the day trading thing. You seen it. I thought I should be, well, day trading. And as it turns out, I realize that I just can’t work off of the 5 minute charts. And then the 15 minute charts. Man, just too up and down for me. But then, I settled on the 1hr time frame chart. That was all settled at the end of that first week, on the weekend.

So then, I knew what I should be doing next. That was to put all the building blocks into place, via my mind maps. That was a long time coming, in which I learned from being mentored back almost 2 years ago. And yes, by the end of that week, I felt good with the structure, my routine, just all of the base stuff that I would work off of. I’m a very organized person.

The third week mostly centered around the specifics of my strategy. I felt I needed to get to the bottom of the specifics concerning how I generate money. Each and every trade got some serious diagnosis. And we’re talking about as it happens live. By the end of the week I came up with a good trades templet to work off of. So, the microscope has been out concerning my trading. Resulting in rules, lessons along the way. And now I’ve gotten to the point where I can’t tweek my strategy too much more.

And that has been continuing this week. But, given the circumstances of much waiting, in the market, I’m not as busy as I would like to be. See, I want, and strive for productivity. I’m talking about getting the most important things accomplished. So, that requires a lot of thinking. I remember at the beginning of this week, been killing myself about what’s next. But what keeps me in check is trying to figure out the best thing to work on. I don’t want to waste time by digging into stuff that’s just not the most important things.

Well, that’s exactly what the theme has been, in fact, all week. What should I be working on? And now it’s Friday. All I can do is hope for a plan to come to mind.

I will tell you my latest, getting ready to pull the trigger, idea. This is the thinking that got me this far on it. Tell me what you think, Journal.

Doesn’t it make sense to broaden my scope on the way in which I will generate an income? We would be talking about strategies. Like another one. See, the first thing that comes to mind about all of this is the whole anchor trade thing. Yeah, it does make sense to start there. Well, my question is, then when do I start developing other avenues? Like my son would say, streams of income. Sure, you need more than one. But, I don’t want to spread myself out too thin. I mean, I’ve read so much lately about how it’s smartest to get good at one thing. Excel in that. Perfect one thing first. And that’s exactly what the purpose of the anchor trade is all about. I can hear Terry in my ear now. “You should always have an anchor trade in which you know you can make money on.”

Alright, I agree. It’s where you start. So therefore, do I have that now? Well, I’m making some serious headway with it. It’s progressing in real time, with the market. I’ve been making a profit from it. Definitely the gains are larger than the losses. That’s mostly due to my awesome money management system in place. Geeez. I will have to show you the latest numbers. I’ve been realizing, as the way my strategy works, that you don’t need to risk a whole lot to make some good gains. Some trends are bigger than others. And I know, well, I truly believe anyway, that down the road, this will be successful. I do need time to bear it out though.

Anyway, back to my idea. Why wouldn’t I start thinking of other strategies? I mean, it’s got to be endless, the amount of different ways to take advantage of the market. And how about other markets also? Now, that’s gonna take some learning. See, why couldn’t I start reading, and learning about these things? Look. I’m not saying to forsake what I’m doing now, whatsoever. I will continue to document each trade like it’s life or death.

This is a business. The engine that produces the income, in my business, starts with the strategy. Sure, all of what goes into a strategy is monumental. Well, for me it is, cause I need specifics. Ok, yeah, given that I’m a perfectionist, it takes awhile to develop. But, I need to stay on the cutting edge. I need to get creative. And I’m not talking about reinventing the wheel here. I’m sure I keep some foundational principles, on what I feel works best for me.

The possibilities are endless. I can just start learning about another market. Say the futures one. And keep a lot my principles the same, just with a different instrument. Or, I can get away from the risk-on, risk-off whole premise. Let’s see, what else is there? Uhhhh…well…how does the money flow, in another way? Everything seems tied to the stock markets. Which are risk on. And commodities the same. Well, I guess there’s always the bond market. Man, that’s going to take some learning. I don’t know anything about how that works. Well, lets’ see. From the beginning, I’ve always thought that currencies was the best place to start. Then I would work my way from that. So, would I want to laterally move to a different currency? Or move out into another market? See, the currency valuations seem to correlate with their particular stock markets. See, that’s the thing that I hate about the equities. The only way to go with them is up. It’s a no brainer. Everybody is wanting growth, by way of investing in the particular companies. So, I guess it could be good to find when it’s most conducive to get in there. When there’s buying going on. Which would correlate to a weakening dollar. I know, it’s not all the time that that happens.

Well, I definitely think the correlation of the bond market is more closely tied to the equity market, within that country. I would rather go with the bonds than the equities though. I just hate stocks. I like to see the bigger picture, than for individual companies. Probably because everybody’s doing it, seems like. I don’t know, I’ll probably only go as far as indexes, in regards to equities.

Ok. I’m getting a little off track here. See what I mean? The possibilities are endless. That’s the point of all that nonsense up there. Sorry.

I should probably build. Somehow. But, the question still remains. Do I stay in the currency market? Make a lateral move somewhere? Well, in any case, this is where I get out my marker and start writing on my wall. I would ask question after question. Figure out where I want to go next.

The whole point here is that I want to build another engine. I guess that could mean come up with a different method. Like, what’s the opposite of a trend? Well, that would be a contrarian. Reminds me of an awesome article someone recently wrote up about, here in B.P’s. Or, how about taking my indicator into another pair? I don’t know, maybe it works better on another pair. Hey, maybe the trend is more consistent and manageable there. See, I don’t know this if I don’t do some leg work.

Now, that might be a good idea. Because, I’ve done so much work on it, and all I would be doing is changing the pair. Therefore, I can alleviate much of the learning part that comes with changing stuff. That seems like me. I can’t pick up things too quickly. Need to branch out slowly. This is important business. I can’t afford to be making too many mistakes, as I go.

Alright Journal, sorry about all that nonsense. I think I’ve figured it out. It’s too soon to branch way out. I need to stick to my first love. Currencies. But, I am a trader. It shouldn’t matter what I trade, actually. But, my methods of getting in and out shouldn’t change. Maybe later on after I’ve gotten so good at it that I could experiment with another way. Same with the markets. I need to get really good with this one first. Then again, how do I know this? Do I have experience in any of the others? No. How do I know whether this one is the hardest or not? I mean, if I can trade, and I have started with the hardest one, and if there is an easier one to manage, wouldn’t I gain success quicker there, than here?

Well, I’ve spent so much time in the currency market. Yeah, my entire existence. I need to see it to the end. First and foremost. All this work needs to produce. Kind of like me reaching the end of the road, and not sticking around to see the fruits of my labor. Which should be the best part!

I’m on it Journal. The plan is going to come together today, for to start next week. I’m going to keep my tool box in hand and travel a little, across the way.

So, tomorrow’s Saturday. Yay! I’ll get one more good run in, for the week. And then, grab the coffee, sit down here with you and talk some more.

Don’t worry, I won’t talk stupid. Let’s see. I can talk about all the trades that have been taking place. I got much data that I can throw out to you.

Alright Journal, see ya in the am.

Mike

1 Like

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, here we are Saturday morning. What a good morning. Man, earlier, you should have seen it. Clear skies. Not one cloud. Moon was so bright. I was running alongside my shadow the whole time. Little bit chilly, I’d say around mid 50’s. But, I was glad, because by the time I’m done, my shirt is pretty wet from my sweat. Man…it was awesome. And, every single time, I’m always wanting to run so much further. I mean, I do, but just a little bit more at a time. “Kaizen”, Mike. One step at a time. I want to make sure that I’m always going to be able to do this far the next time. Well, every time I’m thinking that. So I know that I’m not at my limit. I don’t know, maybe I should go to the limit. You know? Isn’t that making the most progress? Well, I’m not that young anymore. Easy does it Happy.

Ok. That’s nice.

Well, I’m sorry, but this is what I want to talk about. Cause I just got done running the numbers. Fresh on my mind now. Plus, I think it’s very interesting.
What’s been going on in the market? Well, how about a picture. Now, this is going to be from the perspective of the JPY. As opposed to the other big players, say the USD. There are many facets. But this is coming from the risk-off side of it. Take a look.

Daily time frames. All to the JPY. Bottom is the Comms, with OIL bottom right. So, what is?
Well, and I looked closely, at about July 18th we had a top. That’s when the JPY started their run. Since that point, across the board, money has been going their way. We know it’s more of a risk-off move than anything else. Everybody’s pair to them looks pretty much the same. But, you have to look more closer. Which one of these does not look like the other? I’ll give you a hint. Compare the top to the bottom, first. The top row matches pretty dog-gone close. But, look at the bottom. Yeah, similar, but who’s different down there?

Yeah, it’s the CAD. And you can see a similarity with them and next door, Mr. Oil. Now, I know that the CAD had something going on this week, like an interest rate hike I believe. But, I heard that it was all priced in. Look, I don’t pay attention to everything that’s going on like that, well, not now I don’t. So, I’m sure there’s a couple of good reasons there to explain why they have started a turn towards the up. That’s compared to all of the others.

In any case, I think that’s something to note. And where I’m going with this, is that I kind of think we have a change coming, in regards to the JPY. Well, I think it started with the CAD. And guess what? They are a Comm. Meaning, they do follow along with some risk-on money. Let me show you another table that I find interesting.

I’ll give it to you in one shot. That’s how they all related to each other. But, on the bottom, is a clearer view of the Comms compared to the JPY. Remember how I said that it was the 18th of July that a top occurred? Well, it did. See, it takes a day or two to see the results on this table. Cause, when they move positions in here, that’s a statement. See where the money is flowing? To the JPY lately. But, I also notice how the 2 brothers are moving up now. Kind of like wanting to follow the CAD. But, you have to look back some first. In the beginning, they were down. We’re talking dead last in the lineup. The CAD shot up pretty quickly. Then the AUD followed. Then they both came back down together. But, during this time the JPY was down to dead last. Then they pretty much all meet in the middle together. Well, that’s when the Yen started to get strength. BUT, that fact didn’t have much of an influence on the Comms though. They are not riding on the bottom. In fact, it’s the CAD that is stronger than the JPY.
And look at Wednesday of this past week. The AUD. I don’t know what happened there, but they found some kind of strength.

Bottom line here is that I think the Comms are getting ready for some strength. Like some real strength. Led by the CAD, of course. Well, how about the Oil situation?

Well, I don’t think you need to be a genius to figure out what the trend here is. The swing lows are higher. The swing highs are…yeah, higher. Look. This is just what is, at the moment. Surely, anything can change. And, I think that’s all that we can do. State, what is is what is. Until it changes.

Look. To back it up a little. I’m not going to convince myself that I know what’s going to happen with the Comms, and Yen. But, if it’s starts making a turn towards that way, then I just want to be ready. Everybody knows how dangerous it is to call tops and bottoms. And maybe it seems like that’s exactly what I’m doing.

Hmmmm…am I? Well, what is then, now? The JPY has strength. The CAD has more strength than them. The brothers are slowly climbing, up the relationship table. It has been awhile since the Comms were on top. What other facts are present? Uh, well, I think it’s kind of interesting to see that the NZD has edged out the AUD. It’s been a month since it was the other way around. Hey, I know the NZD is someone to reckon with. I’ve seen it time and time again where the money likes going to them. So, I don’t think the market has forgotten about that. It’s just been awhile since.

And let me just say this. Timing is everything. I very well could be right. I mean, eventually, sure, it’ll go the way of the Comms. I just don’t know when. Will it be next week? Don’t know. Will it be this summer? Don’t know. Will it wait till everyone comes back to work, after vacation? Don’t know.

Timing is everything. It’s timing. Not mine. Or any analysts’. I just need to remember to stay objective about it. Watch and see. See, that’s the problem with speculation. We humans think we know what’s going to happen in the future. And a lot of times we find ourselves right. But, does that necessarily mean that we will ever be right again? Absolutely not. We might think so. Therefore, I think it’s best to be as objective as possible about it. Watch the market for what it does, on it’s own. Without any predictions. Sure that’s a hard thing to do, for us humans. Especially traders. But I think it’s that that separates good traders from not-so-good traders.

Therefore, I’m going to keep myself in the objective mind set. As much as possible. It could go any which way. I need to ask myself whether I am bias or not. Try to see both sides of it as much as possible.

Alright Journal. Just some of my thoughts.
Thanks for listening.

Now, time to enjoy the weekend.
Relax the body.
Read.
Enjoy relationships.

Mike

Good Morning Journal!

Good Morning Mike.

Well, it’s Monday morning. All is well. But, you know what? I’ve got some serious work to do. I’m sure you remember me telling you how I’ve been wondering what I need to be doing now. And I thought it was another subject (what we talked about on Friday). Which was about another strategy to come up with. Well, that’s wrong. See, it takes me a little longer than most, to get something. Well, it finally sunk in.

Man am I stupid. It’s the elephant in the room! Maybe subconsciously I’ve been avoiding it, but, it needs to be tackled. Regardless of how slow I am, and how long it takes me to realize all of this, at least I’ve got it now. And here it is.

I need to start generating some money. Real money. No more playing around. There’s been a voice, every now and then lately, telling me that it’s time to see some real stuff happen. See, I know I haven’t explained too much of that up to this point. Sure, I’ve been practicing my way in and out of the market. Keeping track of the metrics, and the whole process of it all. That has been the plan. I have completed 4 weeks of my ‘intraday trading’ venture now. And it’s been nothing but practice. I’ve set a lot of things up during this time. The processes, techniques, just the entire way of doing it all. And you should know that I’ve been wanting to move on lately.

And I don’t know if you remember back when I developed all the mind maps, that there was one big area that I didn’t touch. Why? Cause it wasn’t the right time for it. Basically, it’s the money flow. Well, I feel now is the time for that. I have a system in place, and I need to start seeing how the money flows in and out of the account. I’m talking about real money. I mean, in a real business, you have money that is being generated. Money that is being expended (expenses). How that all flows. Kind of like a balance sheet.

So, in my business, that would translate into profits & losses. Cause I don’t have much overhead. Even on a monthly basis. I don’t have to pay any employees. Thank God. Well, how about myself? Sure! Eventually I’m going to. Kind of reminds of the show ‘Shark Tank’. Love that show. Anyway, the Sharks really don’t like it when they hear that the entrepreneurs take money out of the business to pay themselves. Some do, but a lot don’t. They believe the business should come first, sacrifice all you can for the sake of the success of the business. In the infant stages anyway.

Anyway. What I want to start doing now is see the profits and losses come and go. For real. And at a small scale. I feel it’s always best to start out small and work my way up. Yeah, the Kaizen way. One small step at a time. That only makes sense. When I get used to something, it’s only then that I should expect to see some growth.

Plus, I want to know how to manage a trading account balance. I mean, the purpose of generating profits is to take them out. And then what about losses? How will those affect the whole operation? I’m sure that will be a factor in some aspect. Especially when it comes to knowing how much I’m going to be risking in the future operations of it all. I’m thinking of a revolving door. You know, like how it is when you go into a big building. That little circle would be my trading. You got money coming in, and money going out. Hopefully there will be more of it coming inside (profits), than going out (losses).

And, I want it all accounted for. Controlled. Just like any business tracks. I know there’s quality and control within manufacturing companies. I have a brother who was part of that process, in a company (he, since, moved up to the engineering department) . They just want to be efficient as possible. And how about the auditing that goes into businesses. I have another brother that’s an auditor. He told me stories of working for the inspector generals office, for the post office. They were given the task of finding out where the waste was at, financially, in the post offices’ operations. Well, while I’m at it, I have another brother who works for a big bank. He’s in the finance department. They manage clients funds, within. So, we’re all into the numbers. I’m just the late comer.

That’s nice.
Anyway.

I need to see the money flow. And I’m talking about for real. Not percentages. Real money coming and going out of the account. What am I going to do with it? Keep it in, or take it out? Withdrawals. On a regular basis? And how much? And what will that depend on? My profits? My needs? The account size? Or should I keep it in? For compounding purposes.

See, there’s a lot of questions I need to get to the bottom of. And that’s precisely what I’m going to be working on, this week. But, I also need to determine when I’m going to trade my live account. There is $500 waiting in an account ready to be used. For this purpose. I planned this a couple months ago. So, I’ve been waiting for the right time. And I feel it’s going to be an Aug start ( I really like to start things at a beginning of a month). Well, I can boil it down to either this week, or next. Wednesday, technically, is the start of the month.

But, I would like to start after I come up with the money flow plan. A few good hours of some serious thinking, drawing (on my wall), typing (like I’m doing now) should do it. This week. I’m devoting all of my time to it. So, it shouldn’t be long.

Alright Journal, must get to work.
It’s all about being productive.
On the most important things.

Mike

1 Like