My Price Action Trading Strategy

it’s like directional on higher frames and you don’t trade against it?
I don’t use tradingview. I just look at the broker’s MT4 chart with 5 candles/week

Nice thread! It reminds me that during times of consolidation, I can switch to a lower timeframe and set TPs.

1 Like

I have traded against it. Just depends on what the price action is doing. Just makes for a quick reference really.

1 Like

UsdSek transaction my setup is broken
It’s good that you kept them and let them run until the install target

@Alg626, @Pinbar1993, This is possibly the most successful way to trade Price Action…

When I began in Forex I read a book called Naked Trading by Walter Peters which comprehensively covered Pinbar strategies… He changed the name to Kangaroo Tail Strategy but it used exactly the same rules… Following this thread.

1 Like

Thanks but I actually learned from an old thread here on babypips. I recommend anyone to read through it. You can skip the first 5 pages since it’s pages full of links that don’t work. But reading through the thread has some good charts and questions from the people that were in the thread and gives you ideas of good set ups.

Like he recommends trading with trend and really only uses pin bar, engulfing, 2 bar reversal patterns.
I do at times take counter trend trades if see there seems to be a good reversal coming.

I also backtested through all the major and minor pairs using this strategy.

Link to thread.

3 Likes

But I’ll also keep posting charts and bouncing idea’s off you guys.

1 Like

Trade this evening I have entered.
Green Lines : Daily chart support/resistance zones.
Blue Lines : 4HR chart support/resistance zones.

AUDNZD

1 Like

it’s really effective and easy to reach. Alg626 and I really learned from this: J. Fox’s price action strategy

2 Likes

good setup!
I have 1 setup here:

Update on my trades from 7-27-21

EURJPY - TP1 hit, closed half position and moved SL to BE

GBPJPY - TP1 hit, closed half position and moved SL to BE

GBPNZD - TP1 hit, closed half position and moved SL to BE, trade reversed and hit SL.

Weekly Results : W-L : Pips
Week of 7/11/21 : 9-4 : 375.4
Week of 7/18/21 : 5-2 : 240.9
Week of 7/25/21 : 5-4 : 64.13(still going)

Totals : 19-10 : 680.43

A few set-ups I’m looking for. Even if they do get to the areas I have highlighted I don’t take unless I have some proper confirmation. Doesn’t mean they’ll even move to these zones, and if they don’t no biggie. Move on to the next setup. There is always another trade coming around the corner, no since in taking setups that are no good.

There are more setups out there, just a few I highlighted. To give an example on how I look for trades.

Also keep in mind that you may not have a trade every day. I have gone were I only had 5 trades in a week but also have had weeks were I have 15.
Just make sure to trade what the market gives you, not what you think it should do or what anyone else is saying it will or should do.

EURCHF

EURGBP : Seems there is a squeeze going on at the support. If it breaks below, I would look for a retest of the old support(now resistance) and a good confirmation that the price is going to go lower. Be aware that the yearly low is close as well.

NZDCAD

USDCZK

Also the dark green lines and dark red lines are the yearly high and low. Also those lines don’t extend across the entire chart like my lines for zones do.
Green = Yearly High
Red = Yearly Low

1 Like

I just saw this after posting my set ups I will be looking for. lol

I hope I’m wrong so you can make some pips.

But I usually like my pin bar to be bigger and for it to stick out more. Example below.

1 Like

good set up.
Thank you for sharing often

1 Like

It’s selfish, but I hope you’re wrong hahaha lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Not at all lol. I’m not in a trade so I certainly hope it works out for you. I don’t mind being wrong from time to time. Comes with trading lol

1 Like

I also follow PA method here but I don’t read books or in other words don’t have a school. So, keep looking and keep finding and finding pinpar is also good.

2 Likes

Posting some setups that could be coming up, doesn’t mean they’ll even get to these areas. I feel like most of the time I’m wrong on this stuff lol. But I enjoy the exercise of studying the chart. Will also need confirmation at those areas to open a trade as well.

Usually look for a pin bar, engulfing, 2 bar reversal, or inside bar.

A lot of charts coming your way. But I think it helps others as well to visually see what someone else is seeing. Keep in mind I’m no professional. Trade what the market gives you not what you think it should be.
If it doesn’t give you a setup, sit on your hands or walk away from your trading platform.

AUDCAD : Not looking for a counter trend here even though it seems time for a retrace. But I’ll wait for it to break below, retrace, and then I’ll look for a sell.

AUDCHF

CHFJPY

EURCAD

EURCHF : One I posted earlier this morning, just an update.

EURGBP : One I posted earlier this morning, just an update.

EURHUF

NZDCAD : One I posted earlier this morning, just an update.

USDCAD

USDCHF

USDCZK : Didn’t never retrace, no worries just catch the next set up.

USDMXN

USDNOK

USDPLN

7-29-21
Trades for today and this evening.

AUDNZD - Update from the trade yesterday. Hit Full TP : 49.2 Pips

USDZAR

AUDUSD - Barely touched my stop. : -16.7 pips

2 Likes