My Price Action Trading Strategy

I do. I trade 43 different pairs.

I’m also in the US. Atlanta, GA.

Nice, I’m in NJ. Who is your broker? I use OspreyFX. never any problems with them

1 Like

I’m funded through FTMO. I will eventually open a personal account once I have enough saved. I prefer IG.

Gotcha. US Dolla moving right now lol. I was thinking about that double bottom on USD/CAD , couldve been a nice 20-pip scalp

What time frame do you trade from ?

i look at all timeframes. on my screen i have the 1hr up, but i start at Daily and do top-down analysis. i look for entries on 15min usually. for stocks i like the 5min but Futures and Forex i like 1hr up, and then ill take a look at 15min

when did you get into trading bud?

just got shaken out on USD/CAD by the way, i hate this choppy crap

Just got started little over a year ago. Last June.

Started off with like any new guy with dreams of being rich lol. Even paid for a signal service and all. Didn’t take long to realize that wasn’t going to work. Was also going through the babypips education and thought I had it figured out lol. Also wrong.

So first developed a trading strategy based on support/ resistance levels and also using a RSI and MACD indicator. While doing that ran across a thread about price action and started back testing and then went live with it. My trading style has evolved a little from the threads way of trading though.

1 Like

nice brother. im almost 2 years into trading, about 1 in Forex. I think Futures and Forex are harder to trade than stocks. More choppiness and fakeouts. Im still not making a living from it just yet… you follow any youtube channels? MambaFX started here, he’s doing really well now. i also like Jay Take Profits

1 Like

I do watch Al Brooks, Tom Hougaard. Some videos with Trevor Neill.

Lately I’ve really focused more on the psychology side of trading. Seemed to really help me out. Not letting fear drive decisions and things like that. Tom Hougaard speaks a lot about that.

I’ll take a look at the guys you mentioned.

deff. i still haven’t read Trading In The Zone but its supposed to be the #1 book for trading psychology

2 Likes

check out EUR/CAD. would have been such an easy short swing the past couple of weeks

1 Like

Already in a sell for it. And have closed out some position with profit. These are remaining positions open(well some of them). The top three all have there SL at BE now.

1 Like

nice bro! losses are much smaller than Wins

1 Like

Thanks. They’re still unprotected positions at the bottom(NZDJPY, USDHUF, USDCAD). But so far so good lol. We’ll see how it shakes out.

are you more of a day trader or swing trader?

day for me. i try to swing and hold on for bigger moves but i just cant do it. if im in profits, i start taking them lol

1 Like

I can’t hold over the weekend so I have to be done on Friday. I don’t usually open anymore positions after 9pm on Thursday. Unless I trade the US30 on Friday.

Most of my trades run from 8 hours to 48 hours. So mostly a day trader I think.

Most of my trades aim for 20-100 pips. But really just depends on the next zone and how close I am to it.

gotcha, was just wondering. whats your leverage with your broker?

most of my trades i don’t get too much follow through, i just never expect something to keep going to i take my profits lol

For FTMO it’s 100:1. For any regulated broker in US they can’t go any higher than 50:1.