My Price Action Trading Strategy

Can’t take you anywhere… :rofl: :rofl:

@CRS220
I just use it to get a better view and setting of S/R levels.

For medium term swing trading I use these 2 ema as average retracement for good entry instead of buying top and selling bottom :slight_smile:

How long is your medium term swing trading for you?

For me is more than 1 week or more, and will usually trade mostly D1 khung frame

must have been before the caffeine kicked in

1 Like

USDCAD rejected at 1.24 area again. wasn’t up when it happened though

I’ve opened a couple more positions this morning.

Buy:
EURUSD at 1.158

Sell:
EURCHF at 1.0565

Hello,

I am new to trading forex and I’ve been looking to open a buy position for Brent Oil, what do you recommend?

Hey there @shepley92.

Let’s try a different approach. Why are you looking to buy Oil?

Take a look at the chart and you tell me where you think you should buy. Don’t stress over if you’re wrong or right. Just focus on where you want to buy and why.

If you can but don’t have to, post a chart along with it.

USDSEK is much weaker than USDCAD today. Wouldve been a great short

idk about Brent, I trade USOil, so I guess youre in UK bud? its near yearly highs, gonna have to wait for a pullback into an important support area

GBPAUD and GBPNZD been getting slaughtered on Daily chart

If GBPAUD closes below 1.8151 I’ll enter a short.

i think it will, thing is weakkk

A chart is a chart lol. Whether it’s Brent Oil or corn.

So just a question. If you were really waiting for a pull back why wouldn’t just open a short and ride it down then back up off your support.

Or just set a buy order just on the other side of the yearly high and ride it on up. Think how many times you didn’t enter a trade cause everyone though it was at the high instead of just reacting to what’s going on, on the chart. And the pair just keeps going in the direction when everyone thought it was done.

yeah i know what you mean, i just didnt want him to chase it…idk, i just never trade like that bc breakouts dont work out that well for me. im picky with entries lol

I bet you would do better than you think if you stuck with it. Just getting over that fear that’s driving you not doing it would be all you need.

Think about it, isn’t most trading based off price coming to some form of support/resistance or supply/demand where it accumulates. Then it’s 50/50 on which way its going. I just look for it to break a previous high or low from a swing or from the accumulation and go from there.

And then there are sometimes I enter just based off thinking it’s ready to bounce off support or resistance again. Usually has to at least bounced twice before I do.

Rarely does a price touch a zone and just shoots the opposite direction, most of the time there’s some accumulation going on which gives us time to decide what we want to do with it.

interesting, never looked at it like that. when i place an order, i just do market and then put a stop and tp in. would it be a “buy/sell stop”? just wondering how it’d be on ThinkorSwim

Yes if you’re looking to place an order before price gets to it. It would be a buy stop or sell stop.

If price is above where you want to enter but you think it will retrace back down below then head up. You can place a buy limit or sell limit for the opposite.