My Price Action Trading Strategy

OK, here is an example of why analyzing your strategy from time to time is good for you. Based on my above post of taking more profit at the first TP (My Price Action Trading Strategy).

If I would have been doing that since the beginning of October, I could have made $5,284.13 more than what I have made in that same time.

1 Like

i def wouldnt mind an extra 5K in my pocket

Who you kidding lol, me too. So Iā€™ll now start using a different ratio when I take profit.

I was mad last week when I was up $250 on USDCAD and didnā€™t take profits, lol. I ended up with $30 lol

That was earlier in the week

A couple I have opened this evening.

AUDUSD

USDJPY
This one hasnā€™t activated yet. My wording on the chart is a little confusing so just clarifying.

Nice call on AUDUSD. TP1 hit?

1 Like

Hi,

Does server time have an appreciable impact on your 4HR bar analysis?

I donā€™t use 4HRs, because depending on your brokers server time, the bars can have different characteristics.
Do you think you may arrive at different entries if you traded a different server time?
Or, would you be able to see the same essential market condition?

Thanks to your thread, I am starting to spend more time looking at bars, instead of using indicators!
(problem is, indicators can be automated; bars are based on real-time analysis.)

Yep, so far so good. Took some profit and just letting it run now.

nice work. what do you think about USDCAD? think 1.25 holds? thatā€™s the next support for it. if it canā€™t hold it, iā€™ll probably open a short position

I donā€™t worry about what my brokers time is, or their server time. I do know that different brokers can have different server timeā€™s and affect what a candlestick may look like but you could still see what the price is doing. Price is price, though I use a few candlestick patterns I mostly just trade on how price is moving so the server time makes no difference to me.

And actually my charts I trade off of and analysis sometimes show a different candle then my FTMO account. I trade off my TradingView chart and not the FTMO, MT4 chart.

So to shorten the answer lol, I feel you can still see the same essential market condition.

And thanks for kind words, Iā€™m glad youā€™re able to get some use out of thread. Once you get your strategy in place be ready to work on the psychological side, that will be the part that makes or breaks you.

I mentioned on the chart that Iā€™m not sure how strong that 1.2500 area is. I wish I had shorted at 1.2540. There doesnā€™t seem to be anything to keep price from falling based on looking at the chart. Just have to see how it approaches 1.2500.

1 Like

true, wā€™ell seeā€¦ i was short on Friday near 1.259. had my stop at 1.261. wish i waited a little longer to go short, could have made an extra $100 lol. but its all good, $400 trade is good for me

1 Like

Thatā€™s right, Iā€™d take $400 any day.

One I had an order placed for.

EURAUD

Here is another I havenā€™t entered yet, waiting on price to pick a direction. Supposedly price continues the trend 75% of the time after accumulation, so weā€™ll see.

EURUSD

2 Likes

Another that is ready, I was late so my order hasnā€™t activated yet, but expect it to push on down.

EURNOK

yeah im watching EURUSD too. The Dollar is currently holding 95. didnā€™t move too much Friday so EURUSD didnt move. thank God AUDUSD and NZDUSD deviate from the Dollar lol. USDCAD and GBPUSD do too

One I have entered this morning. Busy morning so far.

NZDJPY

damn u ready bro lol

lol, I just set everything up on the weekend and wait for price to get there. Seems that a few are hitting early this morning. Now letā€™s hope they continue my way lol.

1 Like