My Price Action Trading Strategy

Thanks for the kind words. I’ll start back posting this evening when I get home.

Just took a few weeks off from trading. Been a nice break but now time to get back going. Look forward to a great year with more knowledge and growth and hopefully some profits as well. Lol.

2 Likes

nice to see u back Fam. I haven’t traded too much since the New Year too. Looking forward to your posts again and BS’ing with you… I missed this 1 today but its on watch for tomorrow too, 52wk low today:

I’ll probably have to blow the dust off the keyboard lol. I haven’t even looked at charts since start of the year.

haha, i need to do that myself. damn things collect dust pretty quickly. i need to clean mine every 1-2 weeks lol

A couple trades I have spotted.

XAUUSD

EURJPY This one hasn’t been filled for me, just put my order in.

Gold and Silver were nuts today. Happened so fast couldn’t catch them lol… Gold has some Res at 1850 zone… yeah 130 Res for EJ right now but its minor. I love the range EJ and GJ offer… well, all GBP pairs offer 100+ pips lol

your Gold trade trigger?

It has. We’ll see how it goes.

i’d def TP1 before 1850

Silver is stronger actually

EJ coming up to a support level here. 130 Res was strong today, damn

Sell Stop on Gold

Hey guys wanted to post and give a reason and not just leave it hanging in question.

But at the moment I have really just lost desire to post live. Just moving a lot of directions and now have less and less time. So I won’t be posting much at the moment. Just letting you guys know. I’ll still be around from time to time. But until then you guys take care and good luck.

1 Like

bro, don’t break my heart. this thread was the reason i still frequent the forum lol

Lol I know what you mean. But usually when I get home I have time to look at some charts and get orders placed.

But then move right into my othet work and really just not a desire at the moment to post live. I’m also thinking about shifting to indices only. But we shall see.

i gotcha brother, no worries. figured you’ve been busy as hell… man, the range on these Indices have been sick. gotta love the volatility! Indexes make you so much on a trend day

1 Like

Hi @Alg626, Thanks for all your posts. I’ve spent the last couple of days reading your thread and reviewing your strategy. Very impressive. Over the past six months or so I’ve worked to develop my own strategy and it seems that, with every iteration, I’ve actually come closer and closer to doing what you already figured out years ago. Go figure! As you can imagine, your posts have been hugely helpful because they are allowing me to refine the process that I’ve been working on. I guess that’s just a long way of me saying, “Thank you.”

Quick question about the backtesting data that you posted: Did you manually test this, or do you have some script in TradingView that ran these back tests for you?

Similar question about your charts: Do you manually tag the set-ups, or have you programmed TradingView to do it automatically?

2 Likes

All my backtesting is done manually. As in I replay the charts back and go through the candlesticks one by one. Then when I see a set up I enter and see how it plays out and record it whether it’s a win or lost. I do it that way so I can’t see what the price is going to do before I enter(as in real life) and it skew my train of thought.

I also manually enter and exit my trades. I don’t run any kind of algo or script to tell me when to enter and exit. I have tried different programs for that but can very seem to be very comfortable with them.

Happy to hear our journey’s have helped each other. Good luck moving forward.

2 Likes

Thanks, man. Really appreciate you.

B

bro, im in love with putting in sell stops and buy stops before i go to bed lol. i love waking up to profits lol. i keep the targets close those, just looking for singles on them. great way to take out the emotions too, haha. emotion-free trading when you’re asleep is great :slight_smile:

1 Like

For real :joy: :joy: