My top 8 brokers

I agree with you. It is one of the good low cost brokers that I came across, besides fxcm and pepperstone.

Any that you might have used

Well, yes. I have been hearing a lot about fxview and plus500 from my friends. They say that these brokers don’t put any unnecessary restrictions on trades and their customer support is also quite helpful. I think it’s time that I should give these a try.

Of course, you can. But start with demo trading so that you can get an idea about whether these brokers suit your requirements or not.

@Gentlytry Demo trading is a great way of judging a broker’s capability.

Plus500 does impose some unnecessary restrictions on trading like not allowing scalping and their minimum trade size is bigger than most brokers.
My favorites are IC Markets, Tickmill, Pepperstone and XTB.

In a way, demo trading can help you with your choice. But don’t depend on it completely because what you experience while demo trading is not what you experience while live trading.

Demo trading made me confident. It not only helped me choose my broker but also helped me determine the strategies that work for me and the ones that I should avoid.

That’s true Joe, demo trading is different from live trading. But you at least get acquainted with the trading platforms that you will be using. You won’t be stuck when you go live. You will know how to perform different strategies on your trading platform.

Oh, Which one of these do you think is best when it comes to scalping?

What’s the average pips you get on eurusd, gbpusd and usdjpy?

Reasons behind them being favourites?

1- No trading strategy restrictions. I. E. Scalping, hedging etc…
2- Tight spreads.
3- Fast deposits and withdrawals.
4- Well regulated and been in business for many years.
5- Execution speeds.

I would say for scalping probably Tickmill Pro-ECN account is the best one. Just note they offer a limited amount of instruments. Only forex and a few CFDs. No crypto or stocks.

But very fast execution in under 0.20 seconds

Expected about instruments. Not into crypto so that is fine by me. Thanks for quick response mate

@rosstaylor I think that’s a great idea. Practising our strategies on our demo account before applying them on the live account can help in saving a significant amount of money. So far, I have used my fxview and Octafx’s demo accounts to test their platforms. But from now, I will also check my trading strategies on them before going live with them.

This is the reason why most brokers let you demo trade for free. It is for our own benefit. We don’t always have to lose money to test a strategy.

Ya anything more than that wouldn’t be done. Many people don’t talk about it but order execution speed is one of the paramounts things to look at.

Why didn’t you include Tickmill, IB or Hotforex. Looks like you overlooked major industry players which even sometimes set the standards for others.