My top 8 brokers

I’ve been demoing many, many, many, too many brokers over the last few months and by far the best I’ve come across in terms of spread and low commission is Global Prime. They are a no dealing desk, ECN/STP broker that doesn’t have a conflict of interest by betting against their traders with a B-Book. Their name doesn’t seem to be on many comparison sites, but their staff are always available and part of the community on discord. They are also the best rated that I’ve found on the Forex Peace Army site.

Well worth a look IMO.

EDIT: Just checked them out on the Baby Pips list. Unfortunately they don’t accept US clients.

Yes @jesse, that’s true. It’s your broker’s way of showing that it cares for the money you invest in the market and so, you must make good trading decisions in order to make your trades work for you.

Not good for me though. One thing demo accounts lack in is offering the real-time price quotes that are influenced by both fundamental and technical analysis.

@redangreame I’m here with you. I personally never felt the emotional connection to the virtual money while practicing with demo accounts. The strategies and decision I made ended up bad for my pocket.

Hello, am new to fx, has anyone heard of or use FXPrimus as a broker? am currently demo trading with their MT4 demo platform.

Andrew, this is where you need to select a broker who offers a demo account with real-time feeds to test your fundamental and technical skills.

Spreads with fxview are good, have even traded those pairs on average 0.2-0.3 pips.

I wouldn’t put all of them in the same league. Plus the minimum balance of IB is a bit much for me to maintain.

I have never heard of them, but would like to know your reason of going ahead with them.

I can trade bitcoin/USD and can also fund the trading account with bitcoin. Am still learning here at babypips, just downloaded the demo MT4 for demo trading practice. Well, am still researching more.

I myself had to make hell lot of adjustments in the entry and exit points while I switched from demo to live on fxtm, now with my current brokers that is icm, fxview I simply close a trade with few pips movement to test my strategy.

@Kevin, probably this is the reason experienced traders stress on keeping statistics and conducting analysis with self control. What I mean is without any assumptions.

I do not completely agree to it, I have been with some of the unregulated brokers and they have given me better trading conditions than most of the regulated brokers.

i agree, offshore ones were giving good conditions than regulated ones, but now as i am sensing around here, regulated ones are also giving same conditions just leverage is the issue now.

For me, the number one thing I look at in a broker is customer service. I know there are other relevant things too like spreads and all but if a broker doesn’t have the required reachability, I don’t prefer trading with them. What do you guys say?

Yes, they actually differ in terms of commission rates, spreads and withdrawal speed. I thought that too in the beginning.

From what I have gathered so far: going with an offshore option of a regulated broker is a good option, especially if one is keen on higher leverage.

I don’t have much of a preference for specific brokers and I just go with the ones that suit my trading style. Obviously, no one can tell that beforehand and after opening micro and other accounts with them, I get some idea.

yes, i agree. its better than going totally offshore, you just get a sense of reliability :smiley:

Can you name those brokers you did demo trading with?