My Trade Journal - Trade using VSA (Volume spread analysis)

Pippers,

Here are another 2 trades this NY, we are counting PIPS in my trading group…

Short GJ :
Entry : 141.30
SL : 141.50
TP : 140.60

Total Pips : 90+505 = 595

this 90 pip trade came rite after the US Unemployment Claims news, there was intense selling of 141.50 area on GJ, we took the short rite at 141.30 and ridden it down to MM Support at 140.60

GJ Short :

Entry : 140.95
SL : 141.20
TP : 140.60
Total Pips : 595 - 25 = 570

This trade hit my stops by 3 pips and ran down for a 70 pip to 140.20, I shd have had slightly bigger stop another 5 pip. but no complaints.

Can’t ask for a better week than this.

Cheers

Pippers,

Hate me not posting this many trades !!!
I can’t refuse when the market gives me pips…

2 Quick GJ Short scalps

Entry : 140.05
TP : 139.85
Total Pips : 20+570 = 590

Entry : 139:78
Tp : 139.53
Total Pips : 25+590 = 615

My System, “The Golden Cow Boy” Digging the gold for me…

Cheers

Traders,

I hope this could be the last trade tonite for NY.
Market giving me so much to pocket, I am loving the europe mess… made another 85 pips in 3 minutes

Short GJ :
Entry 137.76
Tp 136.91

Total Pips : 85+615 =700

Amazing week, I love this europe crisis…

Last trade of a incredible trading day,

GJ Long :

Entry : 137.92
TP : 138.13

Total Pips = +21+700 = 721.

Market given so many entries today… as many pips as u want !! incredible.

thanks for inviting me to the skype room, some awesome pips man especialy today was crazy. You really do get some good signal services out there and this one rates pretty hi. Also want to say thanks to pieter, also a very good vsa trader.

Thanks Sri

Thanks pete :).

Hi Sri,
Congrats on the winning trades :slight_smile:

Do you have that Tom Williams book “Undeclared Secrets That Drive the Stock Market”?

I was hoping I could find someone to answer some questions I have about VSA as explained in that book.

Hi Sweet,

Thanks, and I don’t have that book, but I have had Master the markets, which I did read few times :).

Pls feel free to post your questions, I will do my best to answer them if I know the answers…

BTW, what pairs do you trade and what sessions do u trade?
Would be glad to know your trading style.

Cheers

Thanks for being willing to help out.

I’ve tried quite a few methods…lol. From scalping to swing…from many pairs to 1 pair. However, I’m pretty much cornered to the later Asian, early London sessions…or if I went to bed early and got up early, then I could be in the late London, early US session. My timezone is PST.

The way I’m trading now can be found here 301 Moved Permanently

It’s a method from a thread that got started here on BP but then weird stuff happened and the thread starter InnerCircleTrader left to start his own blog and forum which I’m still following along with…a link to the former thread is included in the first post of my thread above.

:slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing your method,
I don’t trade Asian session, as entries can go haywire during Asia (My personal experience)… So I stick with London and better of NY sessions…

Pls do let me know if I can be help in clarifying the questions you have W.R.T VSA,I shall do my best to explain. :slight_smile:

May be we catch up some time to trade together…

Cheers,

Ok here goes. (Here’s a link to the book BTW 4shared.com - document sharing - download TOM Williams - THE UNDECLARED SECRETS THAT DRIVE THE STOCK MARKET.pdf)

From the book I quote:

The volume here tells you how much trading is going on and that it is high. The new
high ground shows that the volume of trading has not been influenced by other traders
locked-into the market [which we will cover in some depth later on]. What we are seeing
is the market makers telling us their bearish views of the market by the narrow spread
on high volume on an up-day.
How do we know this process is going on? Because you would act in a similar manner
if you were a dealer bidding at a public auction. You can see both sides of the market.
You have a good idea what you can resell the item for once you own it and you can
also see the price it is going for as the auction progresses. The perceived value, at that
moment in time, of the item being sold is soon realised. If the item is undervalued in
your view, you will soon bid-up the price. If you think the item is of poor value you will
not bid up the price resulting in a narrow spread in your price band, you are bearish or
negative on the item. On the other hand the Auctioneer’s main interest is in selling the
items. Several years ago a good friend of mine asked me to attend a boat auction with
him. He had a small boat he had placed in the boat auction. The reserve was about
£15,500. The auctioneer started the bidding at £5,000. [B]Very quickly somebody
accepted the bid, the bidding soon reached £9,500 from several unknown people
dotted around the room. [/B]At this stage my friend lent over to the auctioneer and in an
urgent whisper said “let it go”. [B]The auctioneer whispered back “don’t be stupid, I haven’t had a bid yet!”[/B] This sort of action happens very frequently in the stock market. It is seen time after time and is known as ‘No Demand’ mark-up. We assume this is done by the
market makers and pit traders.

So the part I highlighted…would that mean that the unknown people dotted around the room were working for the auctioneer so that’s why he said he hadn’t gotten a “real” bid yet? It was a trick to falsely drive up the price?

Hi Sweet,

Yes u are write, that means there were no real buyers yet, they mocked the price up, and created the hype of upper price.

The “Heard” will rope in a rush to buy them at the marked up price, so the firm can offload their buyings…

This is typically seen after a upthrust at resistance zone, followed by a “No Demand” bar, this is a clear sign of marked up price and weaker market.

Cheers

Folks,

I have had 3 trades yesterday, here are the details.

GJ Short :
Entry : 135.95
Tp : 135.60
Total Pips : +35 + 721 = 756

This was clear weakness seen at 136 area, a quick scalp.

EU Short :

Entry : 1.2753
Tp : 1.2740

Total Pips : +13 +756 = 769

This was a late entry by 35 pips, system signaled the short at 1.2787 but I wasn’t around to take it, when I looked at the chart I felt signal is still valid and we took the trade with a 20 pip SL in place, This trade was just before the NFP News, keeping the news risk in mind I closed the position for +13,but felt a trade should have been kept running as it went to tank another 45 pips :slight_smile:

GJ Short :

Entry : 136.55
Exit : 135.85
Total Pips : +70+769 = 839

This trade was rather extreemly aggressive, they marked the price up during the NFP news, and which is appeared as low volume move up on my system, I decided to short it once I see the weakness confirmed and confident the top is established… I took the short on the price retrace after 2 consecutive M16 candles cosed down, and they smacked down the price in a ziffy… with in 2 miuntes time,I realized that I made 70 pips and closed the position.

I am not a news trader and I usually keep my self out during the news times, but this move up was clearly identified with extreemly thin volume indicating they wanna sell high and smack the buyers.

All in all, this is a phenominal trading week, one of the best I have seen in the recent times, there are several setup which are spotted yesterday on my system with each move min worth a 100 pips on GJ.

We have rocked in my trading group, and looking forward for yet another phenominal trading week coming ahead.

I started to realize there are many pippers watching this thread, many thanks for all the pippers who are following this thread.

Have a wonderful weekend

Cheers,

It looks like you’re doing well. I’m more of a visual person & the forex community would do well to see someone succeeding making a consistent profit.

Is this a demo or live account?

Please post your statement to back up your trades YTD.

Thank you

Dear Safaria,

Thanks for writing in, All my trades are on a live account, the trades I am posting here are live trades which I have called in my trading group,Yes I do agree about visual sense… I am not sure if I can post my trade report here in a public forum…

Thanks a lot for reading through my posts.

Cheers

Hi Folks,

Here are the details of my first trade this week, Unfortunately this was a loosing one… here are the details :

GL Short : 138.0
SL : 138.30

SL Hit

Total Pips : 839 - 30 =+809

Cheers

Folks,

Here are my trades this NY Session.

GJ Short
Entry : 139.75
Exit : 139.52
Total Pips = +23+809 = 832

GU Short

Entry : 1.5027
Exit : 1.5002
Total Pips = +25+832 = 857

Both the entries were pretty awesome, I have closed them as my desired TP hit, few fellows in the group ran them for well over 50 pips on each trade.

All in all good start for the week :slight_smile:

Cheers
Srikanth

Folks,

Here is my first trade of the day, Not often I take a trade in Asia, but this setup is so nice that I couldn’t resist taking it…

GJ Short

Entry : 138.14
Exit : 137.72

Total Pips : +42 + 857 =899

Attaching a chart for your visual treat .

I welcome your inputs :slight_smile:

Cheers
Srikanth :slight_smile:

Nice trades. :slight_smile:

I noticed your Murray Math lines on your chart and then attached them to my chart but they are quite different. Then I saw the text at the bottom of your screen that said MMPeriod = 60…does that relate to Murray Math or something else?

Hi Sweet,

Glad to see you :),I hope my answer to your clarification on VSA Helped :),
Thanks, Yes the MMPeriod=60 relates to murray math only, but cos of the nature of my charting system built, MM Lines works entirely different than normal price charts, MMLines, volume and other stuff seen on the chart pretty much tuned to fit in my system. :slight_smile:

These lines work pretty well with my system, and shows you 99% accurate reversal , s/r levels.

Cheers
Srikanth