My Trade Journal - Trade using VSA (Volume spread analysis)

hello ask indian. i too use better volume thats posted at ff. one quetion i would like to ask is whats your look back settings? mine is 10 and sometimes 5. thanks for the answer.

Hello,

I use that indicator only to give a heads up on the volume, as it has colors coded in to it (High,Low etc), that Indicator will only let me alert with color codes nothing muchā€¦

and I use default parameters of the indicator, nothing customized.

Cheers

Sure, will post them soonerā€¦
Sent you a Personal Message, do check .

Cheers

Done,
see you around.

Regards.

GJ Short :

Entry : 133.66
Sl : 133.90

SL Hit, Lost 24 pips on this one.

Total Pips : -24+1203 = 1179

GJ Short :

Entry : 133.90
TP : 133.75 (First half, second half trailed with -15 which has hit my SL)

Total Pips : +0+1179 = 1179

Its a break even trade, though my concentration was more on GJ, EU did gave some incredible signals, I am failed to grab them as I been kept watching GJ more for the trade entries.

Cheers
Srikanth

Guys,

here I am attaching some eBooks on VSA for your reading, hope they help your trading. Enjoy.

Cheers
Srikanth

Find the Slam Dunks By Todd Krueger.pdf (485 KB)

Follow The Smart Money VSA.pdf (517 KB)

Frozen in Analysis Paralysis VSA.pdf (421 KB)

Rediscover the Lost Art of Chart Reading Using VSA.pdf (664 KB)

VSA High Probability Trades.pdf (194 KB)

Hi Srikanth,
Thanks for posting those articlesā€¦actually I had already come across them and printed them out, but hadnā€™t saved themā€¦think I will this time cause I donā€™t remember where I found them anymoreā€¦TMI!!!..lol

Just wondered if you think itā€™s worth trading during the Asian session with such low volumeā€¦I think SM is mostly sleepingā€¦:wink:

Your welcome, havenā€™t seen you around for some time, how are you doing ? and how is it going mate?

I donā€™t usually trade Asian session, for the obvious reason there isnā€™t any considerable volume and yeah, the SM is mostly sleepingā€¦

However, I did notice couple of solid moves during especially at the start of Asian session for a hour or two, usually starts at 8PM EST to 9.30PM/10PM EST, these moves you can trust to make a quick scalp trade or twoā€¦

Cheers,
Srikanth

Where have I been?..right here in my Lazy Girl recliner READING!..lol. The more I read & re-read, the more it sticks.

The start of the Asian sounds good if I were around to trade then, but Iā€™m notā€¦more like the mid to late Asian. However I do get the start of the London, and then the end of the London/ start of US which seems to offer some good opportunities too.

:slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Srikanth,
iā€™ll drop you a few lines once i read these ebooks.

I take profit on Sweet Pip visiting this thread to thank her also for her help :wink:

See you both around.

Folks,

Hope every one is doing well, havenā€™t managed to trade for the last couple of days due to some personal works/commitments. Will resume trading starting todayā€¦

Hope all is well.

Cheers
Srikanth

Trades NY

GJ Short : 133.70
SL : 133.90

Total Pips : -20+1179 = 1159

Stops hit, lost -20 on this one.
This has hit me with 2 pips, then after moved in my direction for 30 odd pipsā€¦
New york been very rangy lately, and taking loads of patience to tradeā€¦

Cheers
Srikanth

Trades NY 14-06-10

GJ Short :

Entry :135.53
Exit : 135.61

Total Pips : -8+1159 = 1151

Trades London today

SH GJ : 134.35
Exit : 134.20

Total Pips : +15+1151 = 1166

Cheers

Trades NY 17-06-10

GJ Short :

Entry :134.77
Exit : 134.65

Total Pips : +12+1151 = 1163

Guys, I havenā€™t been able to trade regularly lately,due to some personal works, and some technical difficulties (My new laptop got crashed), that killed some of my trading timeā€¦ should be good to go here afterā€¦

Also, London is too good to be trading but unfortunately, I am unable to trade it due to my day jobā€¦ I hope to find a window during the work to make some easy pips during London.

My Trading system, finding the reversal right to the pip,been so accurate to catch the moves on GBP/JPY. few folks in the trading room are having a bash with it.

Cheers
Srikanth

Hi Srikanth,
This is Krishna Here. can U make ur presence in this Forum again. I need to get your Help at the earliest.
Are U still active in the Forum now. Please Respond,

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna

Hi Friends,

I wasnā€™t feeling well starting the weekend,
Started to feeling better, and will be starting to trade from today.
Will start posting my journal as and when I take a tradeā€¦
Hope all is well with every one. Cheers and Good Luck.

Regards
Srikanth

good thread . expect ur woderful trades come soon!

Hey Sri itā€™s been a couple weeks since I last chatted with youā€¦hope your doing well, have you been taking time off from trading?

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your responses :),
Pretty glad to have them. I will be back in action pretty soon, have been off trading for some time, working on some personal stuff. Will be back to normal trading real soon, August has been phenomenal for me last year, it seems promising this year too. Will make the best out of it :).

Cheers
Srikanth

Hi Guys,

Back in Trading action again, have had couple of good trades in GJ last nite,
GJ Long rite on the double bottom post ADP Employment change news, made 44 pips in it, some guys went on to rock it for 150 pips.

And also a quick GJ Scalp short for 15 pips post ISM Manufacturing news. NFP week has been good thus far.

Cheers
Srikanth