My Trading Log

Just a quick post to say that the NZDJPY pending order triggered on Friday. At the same time we saw USDJPY heading down towards the 83 level where the BOJ made their stand last time. They may chose a different level next time but I do feel that the BOJ is on my side in this trade and some intervention would not be sneered at by me… :wink:

I’ve had my weekend chart look and I have to say that there’s very little drawing my interest. I will keep an eye on CADCHF and EURAUD, but as I’m currently in the NZDJPY and it’s still far away from getting to BE, there are no pending trades for now.

Due to my wife having better stuff to do than hang out with me :D, I’ve had some extra time this weekend which had two results: The Big Bang Theory is hilarious, and, I’m looking at an interesting way of taking this CBL concept into short time frame trading.

Combining CBL entries with pullbacks to the outer BB and only going long if above London open and vice versa looks pretty promising. I’m going to look closer at that.

Hmm, I’m not sure I understand why the 120% and the 25% risk should be added together. Are you sure you’re right about this? The way I read it makes it sound like the maximum risk possible with your broker would be 25/145, that is, 17.2% risk?
Not sure I’ve understood you right here. Help a thick head by giving an example. :o

Anyway, it sounds like your broker has different margin policies than Oanda. I can risk 25% and more with no problem.

If you want, you can compare your broker margin calculations with Oanda:
Margin Call Calculator | OANDA fxTrade
Margin Rules | OANDA fxTrade

I haven’t been posting any watchlists or nightly analyses last few days, this is because I’m already in the NZDJPY trade and it’s not at BE yet so no new trades are imminent.

I am noticing that traders are poking the BOJ samurai as I write this and it will be interesting to see how much poking it’ll take before they make another ninja move. As far as I’m concerned there’s no need to delay :smiley:

can somebody explain me what means " deposit factor" or “risk factor” … and how is functioning ? moreover does this tool helps or not in trading ?

thank in advance

Hye Matt,

thanks a lot …

Well, first trade was a loser.

NZDJPY took out my SL by something like 7 pips before turning again… Annoying to say the least but such is trading.

Well, market focus has suffered a little last few days due to other activities.

Anyhow, I’m looking closely at CADJPY tonight. It looks almost picture perfect for a short CBL having retraced against the 4H trend and now meeting resistance around 81.67.

One thing bothers me of course… the BOJ. They may get ideas and intervene at any time to drive the yen down.

Not sure what to do about this… I may just watch it from the sidelines, not sure. Then again, I’m supposed to ignore news according to my trading plan so… not sure.

Tell me about it, Euro, Gold, Silver and the list goes on. We can’t predict and shouldn’t even try, but probability is starting to suggest that a blow-off top may be approaching.

BIG congrats on becoming a Hon FX-Man Matt! :slight_smile: Well deserved!

All that counts! Well done!

Well, I’m not really the type of person for big typeletters, but what the hell!

[B]Congrats! and may there be many green pips ahead for you Matt![/B]

I agree with you on the post count - it says quite little.

There’s just one closed trade and none open on the kelly account, so I stand at -20% currently. Soon time for weekend charts but I have no high hopes of finding a trade right now. We’ll see.

I think I’ve had what can only be called an epiphany today.

I’ve found a way of simplifying and improve visualization of my trading method. Nothing advanced but still very useful, it reduces the discretionary component in my trading.

I will post about it tomorrow or Wednesday, short on time right now. This will cause some changes to the trading plan as well so an updated version is forthcoming.

I know I promised to post today but I’ve been very busy. Right now I’m working on a spreadsheet to figure out position sizing effortlessly.

My trading plan is updated but I’ll post everything when it’s finished. Might be Friday afternoon but it might be during the weekend also.

I’m going to post the spreadsheet then as well, maybe it can be of use to someone.

yeah that would be cool!
Also, can you start posting your creen captures of your chart(s) whne you post?
Might be a lot to ask lol, but i would imagine it would be easier for people, including you, to look at your train of thought.

Yep, I’ll start doing that in the evenings. I used to but I’ve been lazy about that lately. Charts are coming back!

Okay, sweet. Btw, are there a lot of scandinavians around here?
I`m from Norway myself xD, but live in the US.

There are a few but not many.

I haven’t quite finished the work I have promised to present but no worries, it’s coming.

My trading account is in euro and as a result my spreadsheet is also constructed to give the correct position sizes for a euro account. If anyone wants to use it for a USD account it is a rather simple procedure of changing the calculations for that but it’s something everyone will have to do on their own.

It’s not quite finished yet but I hope to have it done during the week.

I’ll present everything either during the week or next weekend and that’s a promise I’ll keep. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of charts to illustrate. :wink:

Looking forward to it!

Work progressing. Finished the spreadsheet and I’ve tested the calculations - they seem to be correct. Not sure they’re exactly by the book but they agree well with BP position size calc in the tools section as well as with Oanda’s order window numbers.

One step closer. :slight_smile: