Need help with placing signals into mt4

I’m using a forex signals service that I’ve subscribed to but I need some help on a few things on placing the signals in mt4. I’m familiar with most of mt4 and things like sl, tp, sell limit, buy limit.

When I enter the sl and tp like 113.90 into 0.00000 as 113.90000 and the same for the tp 112.5000, the buy and sell blanks out and I can’t select either, maybe I’ve entered it wrong?

I’m confused when I get signals like these:
Gbpusd buy now at cmp 1.2760
sl 1.2720
tp 1.2950
(30 pips sl )
What does it mean by buy now at 1.2760, but then it has it the sl at 1.2720 which is close the number above?
And how would I enter this into mt4 when doing a new trade, because there’s only the sl and tp slots with the - + so where would I put the 1.2760?

I’m ok what pips are but what does it mean, when I get a signals with Close in 20 pips
70 pips running,
45 pips close half put sl breakeven and
40 half close
sl put entery point 1.3320
tp 1.3200?

I’ve tried asking the signal provider, looking this up on utube but was no help.

First off who ever is signaling you will eventually get your account stopped out with those measly SL’s honestly. 1.2760 to 1.2720 can literally happen in a few seconds or a few minutes. Your TP is way off in that sense and unless your 90% certain on your trade, it will most likely hit your SL before touching your TP.

First off to put in your OWN price you’re looking for an ENTRY order and not a MARKET order.

An entry order will allow you to input your own price, SL, & TP.

So what basically you’re GBP/USD is basically saying.

I’ll BUY GBP/USD when it hits 1.2760, when it goes as low as 1.2720 that’s when I want my STOP LOSS to be triggered, if it goes as HIGH as 1.2950 I want my TAKE PROFIT triggered.

Ok your 2nd set sounds like you’re trying to do multiple positions but I definitely need more clarification cause I couldn’t truly understand it.

You definitely should not be anywhere near a live Forex account, there are better ways to spend the money you’re about to blow, on mince pies and unnecessary presents.

And if you’re doing this on a demo account - even then, you might get a few winners here and there but you won’t make meaningful returns putting your hopes on someone else to tell you when and what you buy.

This would have been a nice loss

Also the stop is 40 pips, not 30 pips - hopefully this isn’t the calculations of the signal provider?

This is the same guy that said he didn’t want to use signals; Please suggest a managed broker?!

You’ve indicated all the signs of someone who is about to lose hard. You don’t want to trade, you want someone else to do it for you, now you want someone else to tell you what and when.

The persons signal is shit, it’ll get that account blown to smithereens sooner than later.

Again an SL of that range when the market easily goes up 100 pips and down (we’re talking about GBP/USD here) will get him stopped out way sooner than reaching his TP.

1 Like

Ah yes - I see now

Don’t get me wrong, there are some legitimate signal providers out there, not sure if there is a thread about legitimate ones on this website.

For example;

You might get something like that first thing in the morning. But it is up to you to determine the validity, your own risk parameters, stop loss, take profit etc.

If you shorted GBP/NZD then you would have made significant money to retire for the week, depending on lot size of course.

I don’t want to blow my own trumpet either.

Oh I see the topic now. He thinks money is falling from the sky basically - and someone managing his account will take him to Nirvana. He literally said I want a person that’ll :

Also has anyone used any of these brokers for their managed accounts and did you have a good experience with them and did they make you good profits at all?
I’m not expecting to make anything huge, but just double or tripple what I deposited.

Hahahaha double/triple what you deposited you know what these gains are percentage wise? You’re looking for a 200%-300% gain on what you deposited? Don’t you think we’d all love to have that.