New System Testing

I started trading in 2005 and became successful in 2015. For the last 8 years, I’ve been staying up 12 to 14 hours a day waiting for a set up, so I decided to keep my mind active by building systems while I’m waiting.

The purpose of this thread is to keep me motivated, it is not a signal thread, and no trades should be taken from it.

The account is 99% likely to be blown and should only be used for entertainment purposes.

I built this system using the following indicators

Download the 'Clever Trend Swing Levels' Technical Indicator for MetaTrader 4 in MetaTrader Market

1 Like

Wow, you’ve been trading 18 years and you’re working 12-14 hours a day. I’m, not sure this lifestyle is sustainable.

2 Likes

started my forex journey back in 2005, I didn’t become successful till 2015, 10-14hrs day for the last 8yrs.

I have been physically and mentally exhausted by it

Interesting thread, SmallPaul! :blush: Will be cheering for you on this! :smiley: I just hope that you get to take your much-needed breaks every now and then. :open_mouth: I hope you haven’t had serious health issues because of this? :open_mouth:

1 Like

My doctor told me that my internal organs were fine, but that I should get plenty of sleep, but I knew that already, I have bags under my eyes, which is not good. In a few years, I hope to be done with trading.

Oh my. :open_mouth: I really hope you get great results in the coming years so you can retire from trading eventually! (or maybe just allot more time to it than you’re doing now?) If you don’t mind me asking (and I’m sorry if I’m intruding or something. :open_mouth: ) But have you tried lessening your trading hours already? Does it not work for you?

During the past year I have tried this, but the only problem is that my trades can come any time during those 10 to 14 hours. I do get some trades where I am done within 4 to 6 hours, so it is helpful.

How often does this happen? I hope you get more of those! :pray: Still, good luck with this, SmallPaul! :blush:

1 Like

I would give this system till the end of the year on demo and if i see promise I will go live and connect the account here.

1 Like

Just a guess, every two weeks, I say I trade on average 10 hours a day starting on Sunday open at 5pm, but here’s the kicker, it’s not always that way, some days I have no trades, so I stay up 12 to 14 hours searching for my trade set-up.

1 Like

I think it’s great that you’re very committed, especially with the hours you put in! :blush: But I definitely hope that you get even better results in the years to come so you can enjoy more breaks! :pray:

1 Like

One setting of this system on the USD/NOK trade told me to take the loss, while the other settings told me to hold USD/NOK until it told me it was time to close it making a profit.

System still needs work, I’m working on it, working on a firm take profit and stop loss at the moment

To keep me active during my trading hours, I will be commentating on the trades here, just me babbling on.

Due to my live account trading all night, I didn’t have time to focus on the demo account. Starting at 9pm eastern time tonight, I’ll focus on the demo account.

There is no rush for me as I have a prior commitment with my personal account.

Additionally, I found another swing indicator that I may add to this current system or use in a future one.

Change the name of the thread to New System Testing.

To keep things transparent, The first setting of the trading system you see here will be deleted, based on my current back-testing, it does not seem to be a winner. The second setting, however, seems to have some promise, so I will focus on that.

Still working on this system, Trying to see if I can catch the trend at the beginning instead of waiting to get in after the big trend take place, There was big pips to be made yesterday as we see here

Right here where you see the lighter green would be the perfect entry for me.

The take profit on XPT/USD was hit, and I’m still working on a good take profit, as I noticed I could have gotten more pips, Also I will be working on a much better entry in the future.

myfxbook is slow to update, I posted a screenshot here

Ok where I’m at on theTake Profit, I’m going to see if using the Daily Demark Holds, Might be looking at that for my Take Profit. The Demark is at 953.14 That’s the green line you see here

Almost 7:30am here, Been up since 9pm yesterday, I have breakfast on the way as I type, My typical life as a trader,