Newbie asking for help

HI Martin,
How are you ? My name is Ashish. I have seen lulianforex post, I have been in trading since 2011. almost 7 years. I don’t want mentor. I also lost money in forex. even today i just blew up my account lol. I want you to tell me my problem like u did with lulianforex as i have seen ur post that u said now he is doing good. please Do the same with me as I can understand whats the problem. after i blew up my account i came to babypips again to learn but i read this post and Now I want you to do same process you did with lulianforex. I promise you I never make u down and i will show u my performance. just need to know where i am doing wrong or what i am missing in forex. I just need to be constant profitable trader.

Thanks in advance.

Ashish

@1stepbeyond007
ok, PM me
we’llhave a chat i’ll see what you’re doing incorrectly

@1stepbeyond007
i still haven’t received your PM

Sorry Sir, I am in india so here it’s night. now time is morning 10.39 am so I came here again…sorry for late reply.

@1stepbeyond007

• firstly that’s ok i understand

• Secondly, you don’t have to call me “Sir” Just call me “Martin” that’s my name

Okay Martin. I’m free right now If u can talk…I am new here so i didn’t know how to PM you…I searched PM button but I did not find. I mail to moderator for guidance.

i’ts ok mate i got your email
no need to bother the mods

7 years; it’s such a long time.

@NaguibSawiris

hehe
it’s even longer when you lose all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

@1stepbeyond007
@NaguibSawiris
and @ EVERYONE ELSE THAT VIEWS THIS

FOR THE BENEFIT OF EVERYONE READING THIS

I would like it known that i have spoken to @1stepbeyond007 and assessed what he is doing wrong.
he seems like a nice guy who is just frustrated and no longer wants to keep losing money , Just needs a push in the right direction…

Now… i find that most newbies i speak to that have the same stories , FOLLOW THE SAME PATTERNS and therefore get the same results

Now 1stepbeyond007 is not a really a newbie, i mean he’s been slogging it out for 7 years (that’s counts for something) at the very least to not be called a newbie.

Now here is what i have seen VS what beginners do and what they get wrong

the mistakes of 1stepbeyond007 were as follows

• was getting overwhelmed with multiple instruments (Currencies),
    while NOT REALLY KNOWING WHY HE WAS USING EACH INSTRUMENT
    the only justification given was… "i would try and see if another one worked if the previous one didn’t"
    I hear this a lot from people who are not profitable
    the problem is … He has not given himself time to adapt to an instrument and how it behaves

• He couldn’t ascertain Direction
    Another thing i see very often from people who are not profitable

• He was Frustrated
    Again, Another thing i hear from people who are not profitable or consistant
    Now… can we really blame him thought… I mean… 7 YEARS… Cmon… 7 Years is like doing time.
    and Truth be told, the frustration comes from …

NOW PAY ATTENTION GUYS

FRUSTRATION ARISES WHEN THE BRAIN IS PRESENTED WITH A PROBLEM AND , No Matter how hard it tries, FAILS TO FIND A SOLUTION, BUT THE BRAIN REALLY REALLY WANTS TO FIND IT.
That’s how you Get Frustration

Take a moment to appreciate HOW COMMITTED THIS GUY WAS TO NOT GIVE UP IN 7 YEARS … Seriously!! think about it for a second.

so On a Positive Note
HE NEVER GAVE UP - WELL DONE INDEED

• However, Not giving up is pointless if you don’t know how to get to your goal
    he didn’t understand how to calculate lot size - a bit of a biggie… Yeah
    I get this one a lot as well

• he didn’t even know that Nominal Margin Existed
    This is probably the most common one i get from beginners

• He was getting STOPPED OUT all the time
    I hear this a lot and there are varying reasons for it. in this case, the Stops were Way too tight
    I SAW ONE STOP LOSS IN HIS HISTORY SET TO 1 PIP (i was speechless)

• He didn’t know how to calculate COST PER PIP
    i see this a lot as well

a Lot of people do not know how to perform a simple calculation like

Amount of Money at Risk / Pip Distance from Entry to Stop Loss = Cost Per pip
Now. note, this calculation is done AFTER you account for Nominal Margin coming out of your Account Balance so as to ensure that you do not exceed your risk.

so point is , he didn’t know how to establish the correct lot size , because he didn’t know how to calculate the Cost Per pip and therefore by default … LISTEN UP AGAIN… CHOSE THE LOT SIZE BASED ON GUT FEELING
i get this so many times it’s not funny

Now, he was using 0.01 0.02 and 0.03 yeah , sure… Ok
but he was not calculating anything, the system basically was

0.01 = Not Sure
0.02 = Hmmm Yeah Maybe
0.03 = I’m pretty sure

his Stop Losses were being placed at varying points where he considered to be ok, but he was not altering his lot size to reflect the stop loss placement.

• Initial Account Balance was very low (i won’t state how much, but i will say Below $500)
    The point to take away from this is…
    If you start with a Low Balance and keep reinvesting Low Balances you are Destined to fail (Especially as a newbie)
    THIS IS 7 YEARS OF PROOF OF THAT FACT.
    and not knowing how to calculate risk… well the result is self evident… Multiple Blown accounts over and over again.
    HEED THE WARNING GUYS.

• He was trading on a higher time frame, which is good, but he was only looking at 1 Time Frame (1 Chart)
    the problem here is , if you don’t look at the lower time frames and you think something is going up, you may not be aware that you should wait a bit before entering because Price is dropping on the lower timeframes.

SO BASICALLY
No Money Management
No Real Trade Plan (outside of Gut feelings)
No Real Decent Capital to sustain the Moves
Account gets blown out Several Times (Losses in the thousands) i won’t state the exact figure, but it wasn’t small
No Familiarization with instruments
No Defined Plan or Trading Strategy

Oh , almost forgot

• Tried one strategy, Jumps to another and to another and to another and so on and so forth.
    Claims to have been profitable for 2 Months

When asked , WHAT DID YOU DO IN THOSE 2 MONTHS SO YOU CAN REPLICATE IT.
he can no longer remember because when he copped a loss after that win period he jumped to another strategy
and then to like 20 others and didn’t record anything and can no longer recall what worked
HENCE… DIDN’T LEARN FROM MISTAKES
DIDN’T LEARN FROM SUCCESS

• in terminal… other than ACCOUNT BALANCE he did not understand what the following were
    MARGIN
    EQUITY
    FREE MARGIN
    MARGIN LEVEL %

basically , to him they were just numbers jumping around ,without him having any understanding of the importance of them .
I GET THIS A LOT AS WELL

ALL THIS IS SUMMED UP TO THIS
There was no structure or plan to what he was doing, he was basically Whinging it for 7 years, Desperately trying to find something that works

NOW, I’VE SHOWN HIM HOW TO BE SAFE WHILE TRADING
he’s now on demo

I"m going to touch base with him in 1 week and see how he’s doing
i would like to think that he has structure from here

He has been a basic foundation of how to stay safe
he has been talk how to calculate trades before entering
he has been taught how to place a stop loss in a safe place
he has been taught how to place a stop loss so it doesn’t exceed his risk plan
he has been told to never place more than 2 trades at one time, but try to stick to 1

Let’s see how he goes
he seems to be confident with what he has learned, let’s now see him put it into practice.

Now the majority of things that i have mentioned here is what i hear EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE ASKS ME TO HELP THEM BECAUSE THEY CANNOT FIND PROFITABILITY OR CONSISTANCY

it would be wise for people to print this list and check if they are doing them.

i figured i’d put all this up so that others can learn from the mistakes
these mistakes are very stock standard and very very very common.

so… let’s see how it goes

2 Likes

Ohh Thank you Martin…You post my 7 years Summery but Today you made my day…I got real path and real information. thanks a lot for it. Keep in touch and Take care. It was nice talking to u and i liked the way u teach me…I promise i will do my best.

1 Like

You’re welcome mate
also, i posted the 7 year summary so others would see it and learn,it wasn’t so much for you.

it’s purpose is so others can see the mistakes that happen over and over and so they can fix them.

You’ll be ok mate, don’t worry
i still have a few things i have to explain , but we got cutt off, so… next time, no problem
but for the most part follow the rules i showed you , and do the budgeting before placing a trade and you’ll be ok, remember protect first , then focus on profit
you’ll be ok

1 Like

Yes. I know that and it’s good for other traders. well, I will keep in touch and update you my trades.

You take care.

1 Like

you too mate ,

It’s true! Till now I can’t forget my 1st year trading experience.

1 Like

Frankly, I wish I could forget my first trading experience. I cringe just thinking about it.

1 Like

I guess; we all have almost similar experience initially!