Newbie girl trying to learn something exciting like Forex

Hello,
My name is Andreea. I am 23 years old Romanian living in Canada for over 2 years.

I started studying about Forex about few weeks ago and I am excited and scared the same time.

My husband is focusing on learning how to trade stocks for over a year so I think he motivated me to learn something like this and I find it interesting so far.

I read successful stories and bad stories about forex…and that s what makes me excited but scared the same time. I hope everyone here have a successful story :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hello @AndreeaF! :smiley: Waaaaah. Welcome welcome. :smiley: We’re almost the same age so I hope we get to learn and grow as traders together! Have you gone through the School of Pipsology? :slight_smile: People here are super nice and helpful so don’t be scared to ask questions whenever you’re confused. I do it all the time. :sweat_smile: Welcome again! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Ria, nice to meet you.

I started learning on Babypips about few weeks ago and I just reached the elementary school level as I am not studying everyday :slight_smile: How about you? At which level are you and how do you find it so far?

2 Likes

welcome andrea. nice meeting you. good luck with your exciting trading.

Welcome to babypips! How far along are you in the School of Pipsology?

Hello, nice meeting you and thanks I wish you the same.

Thanks Purtle, I am just in elementary school :slight_smile: How about you ?

Welcome!

Learning Forex is an amazing journey, totally understand why you feeling excited and scared, I have been there and felt the same, especially when you start your first live trades.

Forex carries big risk but also great reward, if you are patient and take your time to learn then you can become successful. Do not feel you have to rush, and don’t buy into any short cuts and hype, this is only a distraction to mastering your own trading edge.

I wish you the best of luck, and never be afraid to ask questions, to gain insight and understanding!

1 Like

Thank you for very nice encouragement comment :slight_smile: May I ask how long ago you started trading forex ?

Your welcome.
I have been trading nearly 2 years.
When i first began I was constantly distracted by the ‘new best strategy’ and did not focus as I should have. Realizing this, and taking away all the distractions was a big step forward in being successful, and not going one step forward and backwards all the time.

1 Like

Welcome A, when you no longer feel excited, or fearful in a trade, then you have made progress. But you will not make progress until you no longer feel excitement or fear. So getting rid of the emotion is your number one goal. The second goal is to trade well.

The Ever Watchful VIPER

Welcome. Read, learn, try it in demo for a long time and when you start with real account do not risk what you can`t lose. Yeah forex is stressful but the fear is good. When you became fearless you can big mistakes. Good luck.

Oh that’s niiice! :blush: I really hope you enjoy the lessons as much as I did. Haha. I’ve been done with the School for a while now. :slight_smile: Although I still check it every now and then. :slight_smile: For a total newbie like me, I thought it was super helpful and a lot easier to understand than some of the other things I saw online. :sweat_smile:

welcome, my advice is don’t rush take your time to learn and take everything in, create a trading plan and refine it in demo until its consistently profitable before going live.

Welcome to babypips, Andreea. It’s nice that your husband somehow understands what you’re doing. He’ll also be able to encourage you in the times that you may have a hard time. Good luck on your trading journey. :blush:

1 Like

Welcome andreea. How are you finding learning forex? Happy trading I hope your journey goes well!

Nothing scary about Forex using minimal leverage as long as your decisions are informed.

Thank you :slight_smile: I am sure with time and practice my fear will go away :slight_smile:

wow nice congrats :slight_smile: and good luck in your trading journey

Thank you. That s what I am gonna do :slight_smile:

1 Like