Next Stop (Trading Method)

I recommend that you practice trend trading. if you trade against the trend its called a countertrend and only very experienced traders can do this .so yes make sure the 4hr is at least in the direction that you are placing your one hour trade and the dailly chart must also be in the same direction all of them above or below the kijun line and you should be able to capture at least 60-70% of the trend.however this can all change if theres high impact news so you should make sure there is no significant news that day .Go to forexnews.com and you will see all the news /times/impact for the week ahead.Good luck !

What currency pair will this work on? All of them?

generally speaking the ichimoku system works on all currency pairs but i recommend that you trade the ones that have the greatest volatility.There are many websites that will display the ranges over the last month or so for each pair . Also depends on what time of the day that you trade or where you live.for example Aud Nzd and yen pairs will move the most during the asian session(most of the time ) and the rest will move during the london /new york session .With so much uncertainty in the Euro zone i would avoid trading Euro dollar but most of the majors will work well .dont worry too much about bigger spreads as you are trading higher timeframes and you will be fine .

Hi. Tenkan-sen = Kijun-sen (9) shift 0 :wink:
Hope that helps!

Great explainations on ALL of the questions!!! Very much appreciated! :wink:

no problem. I hope everyone got GB NZD and EUR NZD around 100 pips each last night 11pm GMT(2HR TRADE ) broke kijun on one hour and the 4hr /dailly were also bullish it was a safe bet albeit supported by weak NZ employment data released .Spreads usually go a little bit higher when there is high volatility 10-12 pips last night but as explained you should not let that hinder your trade.R2 was a good place to exit and with the Non farm payrolls out tommorow i did not want to leave any positions on.

Ignore this sorry, can’t delete it :-/

ive already explained on previous threads all majors work .People should understand no matter what indicator you use if you know how to use it it will work on any pair .ive seen this on a lot of bloggs on forex “what pair will this work on ?” my answer to you would be please learn how to use ichimoku properly and you will be successfull .you can learn here Main Page - IchiWiki - The Definitive Reference to the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Charting System
a good way to use digipip system would be to evaluate each pair everyday and set alerts to when the price might cross the kijun and when it does you will know that would be a good time to enter the trade as long as the 4hr/dailly are also in sync

Forex Volatility

you can check the volatility of any pair here over any time period in weeks pretty usefull .

I love this system, well done digitalgypsy!

I have a suggestion regarding the pip values of the stops and targets. The ones suggested certainly does great on almost any pair, but how about we make it even more dynamic to actually adjust to the real market’s volatility?

[B][U]Dynamic pips[/U][/B]

Instead of 40 pips stop, we use 30% of the daily ATR.
Instead of 120 pips target, we use daily ATR.
Instead of 60 pips trailing stop, we use 50% daily ATR.

[B][U]Example[/U][/B]

Let’s say that the EURUSD has a daily ATR reading of [I]90 pips[/I]. In this case the original 120 pip target might be too far for the inherent momentum of the pair to reach, so we use the following values.

[B]Stop:[/B] 30 pips (30% of 90 pips)
[B]Target:[/B] 90 pips (daily ATR)
[B]Trailing:[/B] 45 pips (50% of 90 pips)

Now we are aiming for pips exactly in line with the current structure of EURUSD, thereby increasing our chances of success even more!

Let me know what you guys think :20:
cyanidez

u have to analyse at each trade independently from the next one as no 2 trades are the same .a stop loss should be placed just under the kijun line or dailly pivot which is usually around 40 pips .There is no target really as some trades can go on for 300 pips or what the market gives you so i would say there is no rule of thumb to apply as you suggest and of course your stop loss should be in line with your money management of max 3-5% risk of your equity on any single trade.

Bottom Line: To implement Multiple Time Frame Analysis, after we establish the trend, we want to check a couple of lower time frame charts and not enter the trade until they are in agreement with the longer time frame chart that we used to establish the trend. Once they are all in agreement, we enter the trade. It is like aligning the tumblers in a lock. Once that is accomplished, the lock will open freely.

Thats a good idea. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!! :slight_smile:

[B]digitalgypsy[/B], I just really feel that I need to thank you again for sharing this system.

I’ve read your blog and how you needed to find a trading style to match you personally and I now realize that we’ve had a very similar road - therefore the awesome results I’m getting with this system!

And [B]wackie[/B], thanks for all the great responses as well.

I LOVE BABYPIPS. :smiley:

Thanks man!! I’m glad I that I could help :slight_smile:

Hello!
Thanks for sharing this info
Pardon my ignorance pls, was just wondering since u mentioned kijun sen line and tekan sen line, hw come there is only one line?

Hi kbforex!

If I may, the Tenkan-Sen line is only used on the daily timeframe to identify possible support/resistance for the day where price might bounce.

It’s from THIS bounce where you can then add on to your position as per the first post. But other than that, the Tenkan-sen is not used for anything else :slight_smile:

Hope that helps!

Hey digitalpipsy! So does that mean that on the daily timeframe, the pair could be in a downtrend but you can still go long if conditions for a buy trade materializes on the 4hr and 1hr? :slight_smile:

You can, just know that it’s a conutertrend trade. I have done that before, but trading a smaller position size. I would use the next resistance level on the daily as a target. Best of luck to you! :wink:

Thanks for the clarification bro. I’ve never traded Ichimoku before but your system looks good so I’ll give it a go. Thanks a lot for sharing!