On Scalping!

I look for 25 pip trades… it is certainly no fault of mine that I look for 1 main trade per session and it goes further and I am able to make 15 to 20 pip scalps inside my main position… I learned by watching.

Good luck and good pippin… chubs

Let me know how you do with the fapturbo. I’ve always been curious as to how well they work.

they don’t work, well support doesn’t anyway.

Easy dude, give him a chance. I’m also curious.

The trouble with scalping is that most brokers dont like it and will widen spreads etc to stop this.

anyway it affects scalpers as swingers, at the end every trader has to pay opening orders. Brokers need to solve trader expectations. if they don�t, they should change their business� that�s why it is useful checking more than one to see where can we place the best our money

Half right. The market makers like FXCM do this because they take the other side of your trade. The increase the spread because to give them more time or a head start to trade against you. Brokers who act like the bank dont like scalping because you are winning and it doesnt give them a time to cover their bases. If you were in and out with losses they wouldnt care.

Pablo,

Thanks for following up with me. I’m just not in sync with this system… See attached for the trades for today. I only chose the EU and UJ because they have the best spreads. If I become successful with the system, I’d expand to other pairs, but until then, I figured that these two will be the cheapest to trade in terms of spread.

As you advised in previous post, I used the broker’s scale on the right as my TP and SL bracket. Ie… 20 pips TP/SL for the EU, and 10 pips for the UJ. Trend is determined by trendlines.

As you can see, the UJ trades ended with breakeven, and the EU totaled 1 loss. Note, the single win in the EU was actually an invalid win, since all three EMAs didn’t cross. If I stricty stuck to the system, then the EU trades would actually result in 2 losses, for a total of 2 losses for the day.

How did your trades compare with mine today? Can you post the charts? I’m sure you ended up with profits for the day :slight_smile:

What am I doing wrong? … :frowning:

I apoligize I did say I use the the scale on the right. But I never aim for over 10 pips. Its alot harder to get a 20 pip scalp in under 5 min. I think you got it just unsure of the TP you want. I just got back on the computer to trade today. Only 5 trades today 4 for 9 pips and 1 for 1.3 pips. it went negative and closed out before it could go back. No loss for the day. I went across 3 pairs to today for 4 hours. You got the idea i think and its just that 20 pips that i think is a little to high for scalping. But it can happen for some pairs.

Pablopluto,
Ive enjoyed this thread you put together. How long have you been trading this system? Have you made any adjustments since page 11 where you 1st discribed it? What pairs do you like to work with? Has it been profitable so far?
Also for better viewing, I use Oanda also, have you tried tiling 3 charts: 1) as is on the 5 min, 2) as is on the 15 min, and 3) 1 with only the indicators and not candles so you can clearly see the cross overs.

Thanks

Hi Pablo,

Would you mind posting those trade? Since we’re doing the same system, theoretically, we should be taking the same trades, especially since we’re both on Oanda. If you’re up 5 against my -1, then we’re definitely not taking the same trades. Even if I went for less pips, I wouldn’t have fared any better, since the losses were ones that turned against me almost right upon entry. If you don’t mind, and since your fan base is expanding :), would you please post your trades for yesterday and today? I’ll post mine later today as well and we can compare notes :slight_smile:

Thanks Pablo!

Dahlia

Im trying to copy your system to demo. How do you set up the SMI & LRT in Oanda?

5:46 E/U long
6:34 E/U short
10:02 Usd/Chf long
10:57 EUR/gbp long
13:30 E/u short

Missed alot between 7:30 and 9 I was at training. MIssed alot on the E/u from jumping chart to chart

I think they dont have it

Thanks Pablo! Looks like this was for 1/15, and I think we took mostly the same trades… Can you post your trades for 1/14/09? That’s the day where our results seemed to differ. It would be beneficial to see those differences. Thanks!

I started trading again on the 15th. I started helicopter ground school on the 5th and I havent been trading.

ok. 1st of all i’d like to apologize for the fact that i only skimmed through this thread…

ok…im stuck in this really big ambition of soon being a millionaire. i want to be a millionaire for all aspects of life. so i can worry about the finer things in life, like marriage and daughters going to the best schools in my area

i have a money management strategy but still in search of the perfect strategy but without too much drawdown and without much indicators, maybe an oscillator is acceptable

heres the money management im using… the name came to be WRECKLESS V5 …the meaning of the 5 is …after 10 pips…bam thats 5% of your acct…theres even a V20 where u marign call after about 20pips lol…but i found that v5 is perfect…of course it breaks general order numero uno never risk 2% yada yada yada…

[B]wellll starting at 300 usd…makin an average of 30 pips consistently every day…in 60 days, u’ll end up with a measly 1.2million usd.[/B]

the way i calculated the 10pips will equal 5% of ur account is this. i have a fxcm micro account…300usd…30micros would make 10pips equal 10%…15 micros would make 10pips 5%…jus update ur lots every so often and ur acct should grow exponentially…like a snowball rollin at the speed of light.

have i done this? ehhhh i turned 300 to 560 so far in a week but im still unhappy. im just using support n resistence. still lookin for that strategy along the same lines of s/r strategy… i think i found it friday but couldnt put it to the test cuz the weekend came…so im lookin forward to next week…its usin fibo to see the when the price reachs “a point of no return” and if it does return, simply let it hit the stop and open a opposite position. ill explain if it works. all scorners…ur welcome to scorn…everybody else…2009 might be that year

Escoe,

I have no doubt your going to be successful. Dont be discourage if you lose a couple accounts. Start small grow a seed into a oak. Be careful with the system as long as you can win more than you can lose. Dont worry about breaking rules as long as it works out for you. If you live off you trading then you have to make a different money management system. If not make a million then make another 2 million to live off of and play with. And keep experimenting with new method until you get a no lose system. Then tell me about it.

FXCM is a No Deal Desk, or atleast FXCM Australia is. How can they take the other side of your trade if there is no Deal Desk ? This makes them a STP, not a Market Maker. Am I correct ?

FXCM is a liquidity provider AND a broker WITH a deal desk on its micro accounts — “supposedly” not on regular accnts

mp