"One Tool To Rule Them All"

Trends, what are you pointing out with this annotated graph?

@QuadPip, Arbitrage Theory using the Fib. Retrace as a Trendlineā€¦ So, so simpleā€¦

Snaps back yet againā€¦ another trade using arbitrage and the F-R as a trendline 60+ pipsā€¦

Thatā€™s just lucky three times in a rowā€¦ surely!!!

1 Like

Good Luckā€¦ maybe its not luck and you have decrypted a secret Forex system :grin:

Best of luck :heart:

Very Nice!

Too bad he posted it, now itā€™s doomed!

This is not a strategy that I useā€¦ I see phenomena like this on a weekly basis when backtesting codeā€¦ This concept is just plain and simple pattern recognitionā€¦ Rocket Science to most hereā€¦ but far more accurate than some of the ā€œClose eyesā€¦throw dart and holdā€ strategies posted ad nauseam in these forums.

As I have shown over and over and over againā€¦ think outside the boxā€¦ FX Education is uselessā€¦

3 Likes

Solid gold right there

2 Likes

Once you realize the application of the fib tool in the institutional world, only then would you use it correctly.

[Edited for a Forums Violation]

@xRedStaRx, Welcomeā€¦ Quality first postā€¦ Is that your GBPUSD 30min Chart (Below)?

ā€œThrow everything babypips out of the window, this is one of the best advice you can get in your trading journey, and as a bonus, itā€™s totally freeā€¦ā€ xRedStaRx

And yet here you areā€¦a Gun Trader out of Kabulā€¦ Posting in a beginners forumā€¦ Nice!

Please, outline your strategy for using the Fib toolā€¦as used in the Instoā€™s world.ā€¦ Enlighten us.

2 Likes

Snaps back yet againā€¦ another trade using arbitrage and the F-R as a trendline 36+ pipsā€¦

Thatā€™s just so flukeyā€¦ whatā€¦ 4 times in a rowā€¦

1 Like

Year 2056 Aliens have taken over the earth.
Meanwhile @Trendswithbenefits
ā€œOh Another Fluke wow :open_mouth: NO#4506949ā€

Just learn to use anything properly you will have success. trust the process stick to a methodā€¦ most of us change strategies after 1 loss. those who stick to it succeed in the long run.

We still have time Remove it quickly :grin:

Looking at that snap seems likes its working as a magnetā€¦
Keep us updated if convenient :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Amarsaleem, Iā€™m being ironicalā€¦ appreciate you starting the threadā€¦

Itā€™s easy while the GBPUSD is in an uptrendā€¦ the real test will come when it changes direction due to a weakening GBP or strengthening USDā€¦ A change of sentiment will prove whether this strategy has some on going meritā€¦ Happy to update and demonstrate a direction changeā€¦

BTWā€¦ I have said trade in some postsā€¦ I only had positions on the 1st (Long) and 3rd (Short) legs.

1 Like

@Trendswithbenefits Welcome glad you came alongā€¦

We can easy determine the trend on HTF (Higher timeframe) and also predict the next trend channel using structure and Fibonacci.

If its ranging Donā€™t Trade, Hop onto another pair and take trade if its suiting the methodā€¦

Regards :heart:

1 Like

Capture

So its Friday champ. Neither have reached their TP. Although GPJPY might, but at this stage of the day I doubt it. Selling an entry strategy is one thing. A rose by another other name would still smell the same.

But how are you planning to manage these two trades. I know what Iā€™d do but reeallly like to know what youā€™d do.

Alright, trying this out. Looking for a buy opportunity on the daily chart, most likely Tuesday, on GBPUSD:

4H is showing that it could hit 62 level first:

Have a great weekend!

AUDCHF:

Here How!

1st After taking entry i go down to h4 and then break the fibbo down to 2 parts and the 50% point of that is my tp-1
once hit trade BE (Break even) 50-80% position closed.

Because Its not always the market gonna hit full tp. but believe me if you are right the the 50% is hit like 80% of the time.

Regards.

Heyā€¦

Looks good But in these examples your fibbonacci is drawn a little bit off.
I wouldnā€™t draw it like that.

Capture

This is how you should do it.
also an example of how to use Fibonacci for your first (TAKE PROFIT)

50% maybe above. I wait for rejection candle after an stop huntā€¦

Regards.

mmm, so what your saying is you make the rules up as you go to suit.

Not a good way to go. Hereā€™s my take.

I would have closed out both trades taking profit. My statistical analysis of their respective weekly candles would indicate there is an approximate 92% chance of the price retracing at least 10pips from this weeks close. This leaves an opportunity for a better entry at some point next week if the current structure holds true. Tech analysis is good to help identify trade opportunities but only statistical analysis open the door for potential returns.

Having set targets to TP is a sure-fire way to blow ones account. You have to manage each and every trade on its merits.

1 Like

Hi @Amarsaleem, @MattyMoney, I donā€™t think I explained the strategy with enough detailā€¦ When I applied the Fib. R, I didnā€™t take any notice of the Fib. levelsā€¦

I only concentrated on adding the ā€œJoinā€ across the structure as a trendline (Candle Bodies preferably).

I also concentrated the trendline on first 50% of the structureā€¦ because effectively the second 50% has not yet paintedā€¦ This technique gives the strategy more meritā€¦ Anyone can lay a trendline across the whole structureā€¦ I attempt to develop and code predictive strategiesā€¦ not reactiveā€¦

When the levels aligned with reversals and congestion points, this just gave me some confirmation that more was going here than a simple Fib. R overlayā€¦ I hadnā€™t noticed before.

I hope this makes sense and helps other posters taking an interest in this thread.

Hey @therealInsideBar, the perfect way to apply some risk management and gain some extra pips, especially when applied on each and every trade.

2 Likes