Parabolic SAR - that's all!

PS - Akram - I sent you a (private) email - please let me know if you got it because the page said ‘done’ after I sent it but nothing more after that.[/QUOTE]

Dear Dale,

i didn’t get any massages from u but here is my email if u wanna send somthing <[email protected]>

Akram

Sorry mike for that u should try to have a demo account i think with delta coz they seems to be having the right about the PSAR and the Alligator once u have them u can trade with your broker based on Delta’s SIGNALS.

Please let me know what will u do

Akram

Hi,

Just a short message to let you people know that I have not ‘abandoned’ you - I have been having a problem with my ADSL connection the whole day now - so I have to connect via GPRS (via my mobile phone) and the costs of doing this are prohibitive to say the least.

Anyway - for what it’s worth - I’m getting absolutely ‘SLAUGHTERED’ today thanks to the Gold price i.e. GBP/NZD, EUR/ZAR, etc. etc. etc. and Oil is not helping either!!!

The only good thing about this is that the Indices (Dow) seem to be moving with Gold today but my forex positions are ‘eating up’ this profit as well at the moment.

It’s at times like this where your faith in Parabolic SAR is tested to the limit I’ll tell you!!!

Anyway - got to go (keep costs down and not add to the losses you know).

Hopefully things will return to ‘normal’ tomorrow.

Hang in there!!!

Bye for now.

Regards,

Dale.

One more time for those that are not using a platfrom that has this indicator.
Its not anything special, just three moving averages.

Go to Dale’s post #333 and see just how to put them on any platforms chart.

Dale i think i am going to die soon this broker is really an idot the signals r not working at all i am taking a huge loss with all the pairs am having and i am trying to go through Delta platform hopfully i can understand them .it is a bite differnet than the MT4 when i say 1 lot in MT4 it means i am using 1000$ and 1 pip makes 10$ in delta 1 lot means 1$ which i find it crazy somehow but if they present the ideal signals then i will difenetly have to stick to them other wise i will lose all my money!!.

It is bad that your conncetion is not working good but great u have GPS.So Dale u r a pro Trader i think u should have 2 different internet sources coz u never know what might happen u have to have to options.

I am trying to understand James stretegy but i don’t know why he never show his startegy on any of the posts or may be i can’t find them

Did u try his methiodlogy? any luck with it?

Regards,
Akram

Hi everyone,

I somehow think PSAR is kind of slow reacting to market movement. As of now, I have ups and downs with PSAR. I believe I would have got better results if I stick with the it. I be thankful if someone can give me some pointers. Anyhow good luck to everyone.

Alan

Dear Alan,

I agree it is very dam slow but i think next days will be better for us and for all who follow Dale.

Regards,

Akram

Hello,

I’ve just connected (with GPRS) again quickly to check for any new entry / exit / stop and reverse point - still none.

Gotta’ type fast!

Akram,

Move to Delta - you won’t be sorry - because you are not tied down to $1000 cost per lot and then only make $10 on a movement (sounds very much like my ‘third’ broker where I only keep $100 in my account so that I can have live MT4 data to ‘play around with’ and to use MT4 as a third sort of ‘reference point’ for what I’m doing)

Alan,

The ‘nature of the beast’ with Parabolic SAR. I’m feeling quite sick at the moment because of the nett loss I’m showing right now but experience has taught me that this too will (eventually) pass - even if you have to take some intial losses to get everything (all the pairs) going in the same (favourable) direction - but - I know it does not feel good - like I said before - it took me a long time to realise that I was not going to open a position and turn it into $5K in 10 minutes - and this ‘mindset’ in the beginning cost me big time.

Anyway - costs are rising - sorry folks - hopefully I’m sorted out with by 4MB ADSL again tomorrow (this GPRS thing is handy but only for emergencies i.e. it’s very slow compared to broadband I can tell you - and it costs a ‘s**tpile’ more.

Regards,

Dale.

Akram,

Move to Delta - you won’t be sorry - because you are not tied down to $1000 cost per lot and then only make $10 on a movement (sounds very much like my ‘third’ broker where I only keep $100 in my account so that I can have live MT4 data to ‘play around with’ and to use MT4 as a third sort of ‘reference point’ for what I’m doing)

Yes Dale i will do that very soon just want to have some time to get used to it and then i will join u my freind.

U didn’t send me the email?i guess coz of your bad connection

Also i was having free time i was reading what james posted is what he is saying it true? then why no one join there?? why i feel it is like a play like tempting people and never post his magnificient strategy!!!

If any one has any idea about it or any experiance about this stretegy of james can u guys tell us about?

Sorry dale i know i should’t speek about some one else system here please don’ take it offensive i am just curious to know if u don’t mind if u do mind i will delate this post (i don’t know how to but u will tell me!!!)

Regards,

Akram

Good morning,

Sorry - still no broadband this morning - some ‘heads are going to roll’ this morning at my ISP!!!

Anyway - quickly - Akram - I’ll send my email to you just as soon as this is sorted out.

No problem mentioning James’ ‘system’. It IS detailed somewhere on the (his) thread - but anyway - the (his) ‘system’ is:

ONLY EUR/USD.
30 Minute Charts.
When the first Parabolic SAR dot has appeared AND MACD has crossed you open your position in the same direction as Parabolic SAR and MACD.
‘That’s it’ (to quote from James).

The only thing that I have not seen on that thread is agreement between them on when to take profit or where to place stops i.e. they don’t use Parabolic SAR to determine stops and take profit values and they don’t stop and reverse.

‘Speak’ later.

Regards,

Dale.

OK - well - I’m back (not sure for how long because these ADSL problems seem to be happening more frequently lately but anyway - for now - situation normal.

Anyway - I have been going through my ‘Parabolic SAR Daily Worksheet’ - and although I don’t see any new positions or stop and reverse points or anything like that - what I DO see is that my so called ‘watch list’ is growing. In other words - there are quite a few pairs that ‘appear’ to be getting ready for either new positions OR stop and reverse action based on ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR.

Also - it sure does look like to me - that the Gold and Oil rallies are ‘running out of steam’ - so - I’m hoping - that if I’m right here - all my NZD and ZAR positions will turn around BEFORE they get to a stop and reverse point (which will obviously result in my taking losses before I can recover them in the opposite direction) - and - this should also result in new AUD and CAD positions.

Anyway - here’s to hoping - and the charts - and Parabolic SAR!!!

Regards,

Dale.

hello every body

i think today we r back on trackas the loss is getting much better and i can see someo the open postions r geting fine.that means that Dale’s system is really working as yesterday i was about lose hope but i think it really means we have to have some patient which i try to train my self to have it .

So how is every body doing at the moment?
why no one is sharing with us?

Regards,
Akram Mohsen

Akram (and Dale)

You guys are not alone - I am watching but very busy, and I am certain there are others very keen to watch the system develop.

I would dearly like to be much more active, but am limited right now to logging in only occasionally.

So please keep up the great work … and transparency - very refreshing to find such an honest thread - you will win guys - you deserve to.

Kind regards

Ingot.

Nah - I think they’re all upset because they have not doubled their accounts as yet!!!

Seriously though - things ARE very slow at the moment i.e. none of my open positions seem to be moving one way or the other - but - like I said earlier - there are a whole lot of pairs coming up for entry soon - so hang in there.

To (maybe) help you along and give you a bit of ‘encouragement’ I thought I’d post my ‘best’ open position at the moment and my ‘worst’ open position at the moment with some input on each one the idea being to demonstrate that with this indicator ‘it’s not over till the fat lady sings’!!!

Best position (most profitable) is EUR/NOK - worst (biggest loss) is NZD/CAD.

Take a look see (take particular note of ‘Akrams Alligator’ and how it can help you out).

The MAIN reason that I am posting these charts is to just show you that now matter HOW sure you are of taking a position things can STILL go against you.

GBP/NZD is a very good example. I went long a few days ago and, if you look at ALL of the other indicators that I have attached there is absolutley NOTHING that would have kept me out of that trade and look what’s happened.

Having said that - also take a good look at what happened on the previous ‘up swing’ i.e. the rally ‘stalled’ i.e. the Alligator lines were intertwined, MACD looked like it was going to cross etc. etc. but then - it continued up on its ‘merry way’ (which obviously I am hoping is going to happen again).

On EUR/NOK there was no doubt about going short a couple of days ago i.e. the Alligator lines were seperate and trending down, MACD had crossed down, and I went short.

What I’m trying to demonstrate here is the fact that with Parabolic SAR YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TAKE A LOSS AT SOME POINT OR THE OTHER and you have to make sure that you have enough margin to be able to do it and then catch the trend the other way to make up the loss AND realise some profit.

Hope this helps to ‘lift your spirits’!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Hey Ingot54,

Nice to hear from you again.

OK - well (I feel) that this is A VERY IMPORTANT POST and demonstrates two things:

1 - I’m an idiot i.e. I’ve been wrong about GBP/NZD and its correlation to the Gold price (I don’t know what I was thinking) i.e. if the Gold rally ends now I’m going to LOSE on GBP/NZD NOT GAIN until being stopped out and then performing a stop and reverse!!!

BUT - AND MORE IMPORTANTLY:

2 - Have a look at the two charts attached GBP/NZD and NZD/USD and have a look at the (almost) 100% correlation between the two. Now what I’m trying to demonstrate here is the ‘danger’ of NOT FOLLOWING PARABOLIC SAR TRADES THROUGH TO THEIR ABSOLUTE CONCLUSION. Why do I say this? Well - I closed out a position that I had on NZD/USD at month end last month FOR NO GOOD REASON OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT IT WAS MONTH END and look what has happened since then: I opened a new long position on GBP/NZD (because there was a ‘valid’ Parabolic SAR entry signal) and this has now gone against me BUT had I NOT closed out my position on NZD/USD at month end last month this loss would not be NEARLY as great i.e. the loss on GBP/NZD would currently be offset by the profit on NZD/USD UNTIL I stop and reverse on GBP/NZD i.e. if Gold continues to drop now and then BOTH positions will turn to profit. So - what I have done now - is take a long (very late) position on NZD/USD so that the ‘nett effect’ will be that the loss being taken presently on GBP/NZD will not get any bigger i.e. it will be ‘curbed’ by the movement of NZD/USD AND when I’m am finally stopped out on GBP/NZD and stop and reverse then BOTH positions will turn a profit.

Make sense?

Comments?

Regards,

Dale.

hey Ingot,

I swear i thought about u yesterday as i was telling my self when i was reading the thread there was a nice man from Austrlia where have he been??!!

Anyways it is good to have u back with us

Akram

Dale i don’t know what to say but the moment i will go with your broker it will be better to give u my inputs on the graf as for the time being i want to swallow my losses with the movent of today it is not a big move but i was usuing some sort of other strtegy to get some pips to cover my loss although it is still big at the moment but i think i am ok with the pips i gained for today.coz i was really down yesterday!!!

Akram

Actually - after posting my last post - something has become EXTREMELY clear to me - and I’ve (maybe) stumbled across another idea of trading using ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR but with fewer pairs.

Well - you know that I’ve been ‘questioning’ as to whether or not the ‘commdolls’ should be included or left out of this ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR ‘method’.

From what I have just managed to work out now though is this:

You still follow ‘pure’ Parabolic SAR (and all the nice new entry and exit ideas that have come up on this thread) BUT you do the following:

Follow Gold with Parabolic SAR based on exactly the same rules as above AND you ONLY take positions on NZD/??? or ???/NZD based on Gold’s Parabolic SAR direction.

Make sense?

In other words - Gold - in the case of NZD - is like an ‘early warning system’ or ‘road map’ of what is about to happen to NZD/??? or ???/NZD.

Get the picture?

Now what this would buy you is that you are pretty sure as to the direction of NZD against the other currencies because the movement of Gold is giving you this AND - for the most part - ALL of you NZD/??? or ???/NZD pairs would turn to profit.

I like this (although it’s a bit late for me to try it now ESPECIALLY because I was wrong about the correlation between GBP/NZD and Gold i.e. GBP/NZD have a direct correlation to Gold and NZD/USD have an inverse correlation to Gold - NOT THE OTHER WAY ROUND)!!!

Regards,

Dale.

hello every body,

i don’t know why the EUR is getting so dam strong any body knows?

Akram

I totaly agree with u and that means as well if u r looking for the CDN then u should look for the oil status am i right?