Pay for ea

hey richbugger they replied and said it should be ready monday :slight_smile:

I have had a very complex EA programmed by a very capable guy called Chris Zimmer at a company called onestepremoved
owned by Shaun Overton. Excellent service and stuff always works. Iā€™ve looked at cheaper deals, even brought the book by andrew young on MT4 programming, big waste of time and money.

thanks a lot, am looking forward to it :slight_smile:

thanks. Iā€™ve taken a look at their site and they look good to me. But for now Iā€™m gonna sit tight and wait for Sirmontal since he said tradingit should have my ea ready by Monday. Anyway, how profitable is the ea which these guys created for you?

hey sirmontal, any news as of yet? Iā€™m kinda anxious you know.

GOOD NEWS - here it isā€¦ check it out and let me know if its doing what you want it. I gave her the link to this thread as I mentioned it wasnt my idea and they were kind enough to carry on with itā€¦

Here was a message from the programmer:

[B][I]ā€œI made an instruction video to explain the best logic interpretation of the rules presented and on how to test this system. Please pay attention to the logic of stop loss function. A new addition of option to hide stop loss is added based on your later requestā€[/I][/B]

Instructional video here:
04.02.2012-12.21.33 - EACreatorā€™s library

EA located here:
Richbugger 120402.ex4

let me know your thoughts

I point out that my EA is based on his original post of post #8.

If indeed a broker do not accept stop loss less than 30 pips (which is unlikely, Are you sure you are not confused pips with points?), then if EA send a stop loss of 30 pips, the result will be no stop loss for the trade. If you are using a broker like that, then you should always choose the invisible stop loss function.

Thanks a lot ea creator and sirmontal. I appreciate it very much. Arrgh, Iā€™m just annoyed about one thing though. Iā€™ve just realised that in my post (#8) I had made a mistake when I said 30pips above/below the MA. Instead I had wanted it to be 20pips above/below the MA. Anyway, that is my mistake not yours. In the meantime I will be backtesting the ea and forward testing on demo. Thanks again.

I have made all of the time frame and settings user defined variables so you can test with a wide range of settings. Be sure to view the video for details before making any test.

Iā€™m waiting for you backtest resultsā€¦ :slight_smile:
Good luck mate

Thanks for the instructional video. Very interesting and fun to watch.

Hello everybody.

Here are my backtested results. Iā€™ll just note that the modelling qualities I got for my backtests were not really high so I do not know how reliable these backtest results are.
1 - I got the best results for EUR/USD using the 1H TF and adjusting the MA Buffer to 20. I think I would have had better profits if I had opted to have a hard-coded ea into my ea instead of a dynamic. E.g, a maximum of 30pip SL or moving the SL to breakeven after price had risen by 30pips, something like that.
2 - The GBP/JPY gave me the best returns using either the 1H or 30min TFs and using the defualt settings of the ea. It has a return of about 30% for the last 3months. But like I said, the modelling quality I had was not really good.

Please feel free to backtest the EA yourself. Unfortunately the internet connection I have is slow so the backtests I performed were limited to a period of about 3 months since I do not have a lot of historical data available.

Look at my New Ea
it has 6 indicator if you like and no indicatorEnter (bar analizer):

• 2 sides MartinGaile
  • LastTP
  • Hedging (Opposite Order)
  • All series closed with the function ā€œCloseByā€, which reduces the drawdown (profit: the lots are closed with the lock from highest to lowest orders)
  • Money Management (Risk & restriction on the MaxLotByRisk directly proportional to increases the risk of)
  • Adviser will close all orders when the percentage of profit will exceed the specified
  • input is based on three modes of analysis of bars (no indicators) and the indicator input using six indicators:
  • Bands
  • RSI
  • ADX_CCI
  • MACD_Stoch
  • MaOnCCI
  • ROC_CCI
    301 Moved Permanently

Okay, here are some of my results for my backtesting. Unfortunately, like I said before the scope of my tests have been limited due to lack of good historical data. Hereā€™s a summary of my test results:
Pair tested: EUR/USD
Period used: 27.12.2011 - 10.04.2012 (about 4 months). This is because this is all the M1 data I have.
Timeframe tested: 4H Timeframe used. (I got the best results using this TF. 1H also yield pretty good results)
Initial Deposit: $100 (helps us calculate % return better)
Lot sizes traded: 0.01 lots (These is a conservative amount. You could easily increase this amount, but, using this lot size helps us to determine how many net pips we made in the end, instead of just how much profit we made in $$ terms)
Amount at end of test: $191.32 [which means 1,913.2pips net gain :slight_smile: sweet I must say]
Adjusted settings to EA: The MA Buffer was adjusted to 0. I noticed it performed best with this setting.

Iā€™ve attached a pic of the results for evidence. Would have attached the full report but its too big:

I must also say that exported the results of my test to excel and made some manual adjustments. See, the ea does not have a hard-set SL but assuming I manually set a SL of 30pips for each trade the resulting net profit would have been slightly improved (somewhere around $201.89)

In my next post I explain the paradox about this system/ea.

okay now the paradox I have been experiencing with this system is that I have not been getting good results with the GBP/JPY pair. Why it is a paradox is because when I would manually trade this system, it would give me good results. But when I attempt to backtest it, it would give results which look like a horror. Now Iā€™m not sure if it is because the GBP/JPY has less places after the comma or because my data is not good enough or because the strategy in the ea itself does not work. Anyway, Iā€™m trying to get more historical data on the GBP/USD pair to backtest the ea in the mean time.

I saw you helped a guy get an EA programmedā€¦can you help meā€¦
I have everything ready to go

I heard if you join this trading community called tradingit that they can offer to make you an ea for free. I guess you can give it a try.

I run a live trading room and Iā€™m always looking for good ideas to turn into automated systems.

Iā€™ve got a great programmer that I work with. If you have a good, profitable strategy please let me know and we can think about doing a joint venture and introducing it to the trading room.

In my experience, semi-automated systems tend to be the more consistent EAā€™s. A small amount of human discretion can filter out many losing trades.

I run both fully automated and semi-automated systems in my trading room, but the semi-auto systems generally perform better across different market conditions and for a longer period of time.

Cheers,

Nick

Yeah, actually I do have a trading idea. I must admit, I borrowed it from someone else (on this forum). It uses Ichimoku Kinko Hyo and an ATR Stop and it looks very profitable. Lemme know if youā€™re interested then Iā€™ll post the strategy for you.

Hi Guys
Donā€™t want to step on Richbuggerā€™s toes, but if anyone needs an EA coding I can get it done for free.