Pc or phone, what’s better?

It a Chinese 'Oukitel Max 10000", Amazon should have it available-inspite many criticize Chinese phones, i made good experience with it.

Company desktop might be the most useful tool for trading, especially if you have two screens and high speed unlimited internet. I am joking (or not). However, I also find that it is very difficult to make any market analysis from your phone, so desktop computers are still my number one preference

It’s a good idea! But I rarely use my mobile phone for trading!

PC all the way. The phone is only good to oversee already open trades.

4 Likes

agreed! and for when going out. i always try and bring my laptop but have to use phone sometimes and that’s the only time i use my phone. else it is either PC or laptop.

I don’t feel comfortable lugging around a laptop everywhere, even if the modern versions are so much lighter than those from a few years ago, so a phone is a good alternative. Or a tablet, for that matter.

Is the connection better when using your pc? There would be times when closing on my phone would lag for a few sec before closing

Down vote. Dislike. They need that here for your comments.

I also prefer laptop for a better view of the charts. Mobile is fine to check trade status and view your account.

1 Like

I definitely prefer a laptop or pc when it comes to analysis as it’s much more accurate, especially when drawing out chart patterns. It could mean the difference between a rising channel and a rising wedge pattern

Mobile is a great tool when it comes to keeping your eye on trades in case you need to tweak them.

Love you too, dooood :innocent:

All that is true. Analyzing planning on the PC is the only one I can use. Opening positions, adjusting stop levels is also faster on PC. However when a big picture of a 2-3 day’s progress of a pair is in my brain, mobile is great if it is the only one.

PC/Laptop with extra screen for analysis for me.
Besides that, since I trade the longer timeframes, it is key for me to learn to ‘let go’ and let the strategy either or not play out. If I close the laptop and leave my house, I am obliged to stick to my strategy. If I trade also on mobile, I always have the possibility of micro manageing my trades, which I should not do. It is very important for me to learn to step away from a trade both physically and mentally, and this can only be done if I don’t carry my trades everywhere along with me in my pocket. So no mobile trading for me anymore, I tried it in the past but it did more harm than good because of the reasons mentioned above.

Both are good but i think pc is good for overall analysis while the phone is good for monitoring the trades in other to manage the trades.

Maybe im the weird one,
For analysis mostly i use my tablet,
Viewing chart via mt4 mobile just pleasing to my eyes,

And manage my order via PC,
Set all TP/SL and close all ,close buy/sell only need implemented to mobile app

Are you talking about net connection or anything else?

If you have mobile trading application from your broker then your phone can be good to carry out the whole trading at the time of emergency. But yes, I usually prefer to work with my laptop as it allows better analytical power than mobiles.

PC

End of story

1 Like

Does anyone here actually trade on a phone?

1 Like

More just checking my open trades. Screen is just too small for anything else!