Pepperoni and pineapple please

Here we go AGAIN!!! ;(

[QUOTE=“waterboy;510508”]

Hmmm I wouldn’t base your trading off just the news or you’ll have a lot of false moves. Technicals always show the way first. That’s the petrol and the news is the match. Without the right technical setting trading the news is just guessing.

Not been following this thread but I’ll keep an eye on it and see how people do.

Pizza - are you just trading news or news with a general bias to trade along with?[/QUOTE]

I don’t know about that, almost every day I read about the perfect candlestick formation or some other technical formation, and it all gets blown out the window by a news release!

Don’t get me wrong, I am quite a technical person, but the force of the news is strong! Lately all you will see on my charts are a few manually placed lines on obvious support and resistance, the rest is done visually.

Haha - a bit flippant but I’ll let it go. In terms of news releases I do believe the technicals are already showing.

Just reading the first few pages, have a few questions I’d like to ask shortly when back at the computer as typing on the phone is not my preferred option.

??

This is just conversation, I’ll watch along and if I see a benefit I’ll use it. This is real money, I’m not too proud to learn new things if it helps me.

Why the scepticism?

Yes I agree, a lot of technical setups do get blown, but that’s usually obvious as to take a technical setup, people don’t always wait for the correct formation, get in too late or are trading a bullish setup in a bearish market or vice versa.

[QUOTE=“waterboy;510521”]

??

This is just conversation, I’ll watch along and if I see a benefit I’ll use it. This is real money, I’m not too proud to learn new things if it helps me.

Why the scepticism?[/QUOTE]

She thinks we are arguing and flaming each other I think… She’s a little sensitive to that I’ve seen

Haha - no aspirations to flame here.

Like I said, not too proud to learn something new.

This is how men do their " conversation" they bang their
heads out until it explode. It is not like what we ( women) do our conversation
where there are rainbow in the sky… soo living and caring :slight_smile:

If you want to survived and learn how to trade in this forum, learn to adapt… :wink:

P.S… But that doesn’t mean we should act like them (men)… Though, I do from time to time just for fun lol

Alright, I’ll get in on this but I might regret it lol. To me, technical analysis tells me WHAT big money is doing and expect price to do. Fundies tell WHY they are doing it. Now does the why really matter? I would rather have factual information from the charts then spend time looking for reasons why they may do something.

This is the broken record that keeps playing for me. I see big money positioning for a move using volume and technical analysis. I get in the trade. As the trade is running news comes out, by then I am often in profit or at least already in the trade. The “news move” helped my trade further along. Now I see articles and reports telling me the move was caused by news…a reaction to the numbers etc… I shake my head. Wouldn’t you?

This is not every time, but I also see things like uncertainty leading up to news, a silly old trap move on the release and a technical setup may form after the dust settles.

I’m not putting fundies down, just giving my perspective.

[QUOTE=“PipNRoll;510527”]

This is how men do their " conversation" they bang their
heads out until it explode. It is not like what we ( women) do our conversation
where there are rainbow in the sky… soo living and caring :slight_smile:

If you want to survived and learn how to trade in this forum, learn to adapt… :wink:

P.S… But that doesn’t mean we should act like them (men)… Though, I do from time to time just for fun lol[/QUOTE]

Cheers girl :wink:
Maybe they need to grow some balls lol xx

Again, you sound like me.

Estoy llena

You are a woman

Have a spare or 2 … You’ll need it just incase lol

Me too, wanna steal some fundamental data and then trade against it :wink:

Completely my point too. That’s how I’ve always found it.

[QUOTE=“petefader;510529”]Alright, I’ll get in on this but I might regret it lol. To me, technical analysis tells me WHAT big money is doing

Haha - Bernanke broker logs would be good…

One burning question I have:

Why only the 10pip TP if you’re ahead of the lagging indicator that is price? Also, 500 pip SL? Seems you could easily be taken down in one afternoon?

Guys. That stuff Techie vs Fundie it is just stupid. I do play fundamental but not because I think is better, I think it is stupid, I trade fundies because I think it is stupid, but I have my own reasons to trade with. Also I do some technical time to time because I think it is very stupid, just like a palm reading fortune teller. But sort of works.

But what takes the winner is the high risk low gain mindset that is shown here. Several loses in a row and you are out, one single loss requires at least 5 or 10 wins to recover.

Yeah, my point. Finally somebody with criteria. reall 500 pip SL vs 10 pip TP is very, I don’t know, unspakable, brrrrrrr…