Pepperstone

I agree, but pepperstone used to have xogee’s app before metaquotes decided that they wanted a cut of xogee’s profits, so now no broker has xogee :frowning:

Yeah, it’s a bummer alright, but that’s between MetaQuotes and Xogee.

Pepper has put out instructions on how to use MetaQuote’s mobile apps to hold us over:

https://pepperstone.com/forex-news/mobile-trading-apps-xogee-not-supported

So we still have mobile trading.

Aussie brokers are much better than US brokers i can guarantee that but i really don’t know this particular broker.

I’ve been with them for about 4 months live, and I personally feel they’re great.
I was with ibfx before them and before that with easy-forex
so far they’re the best I’ve tried at least for my trading style.
I also LOVE that they really just let you do your own thing, no emails everyday, no daily analysis, nothing. I think the last email I got from them was when the greek election was happening they just sent out a warning that there might be a big gap between the friday close and monday open.

cant really attest to taking out funds, as I’ve only JUST sent a withdrawal request so we’ll see how fast it goes.

They’ve processed it rather quickly for me, usually takes a business day for the request is completed from Pepper’s end. After that the method you use will add more time for the transaction to go through (posting between banks.)

I got an email from Pepperstone that they just launched a new account type called EDGE:

https://pepperstone.com/trading-accounts/edge.php

Looks good. I’m grabbing a demo now to see how the the depth of market works.

I see gaps occur a lot of times in Pepperstone. Does anyone have the same issue ? Even today there was a 10 pips gap in EU…

1 Like

I just checked. I do not have a gap.

Then it might be just with the Demo server’s. Im planning to shift to Pepperstone and downloaded the Demo today to check the overall things. Was bit annoyed with the gap so just posted here to know if anyone has it on real.

Yeah, no gap on my old Razor or new Edge live accounts with Pepper.

Still waiting on DOM to get fully up and running but new Edge has been working well for me so far live.

Spreads do seem tighter on the Edge demo I’ve been playing with. I noticed the client login at the top of the site, what can be accessed from it?

Got a heads up from Pepper support:

They just updated the DOM app so it’s fully populated and snappy now, anyone downloading and installing the platform off the site will get it built in, or existing users can get an update installer by contacting Pepper’s support chat.

I just installed it myself and it works well.

It’s for account admin stuff, like deposits and withdrawals. You can also change leverage and such…

Just so you guys know, the Edge upgrade seems to have removed the 100 lot limit on Razor accounts, even though it is still listed as in place on their website.

I learned this from a rep in Live Chat last night. Perhaps he’s uninformed, so try and confirm before taking it as gospel.

I’m demoing the old Razor account now and like it a lot. I’ll probably open an account live after Labor Day. I was really bummed to learn that when I achieve a good level of success and could trade more than 100 lots at a time, I would have had to upgrade to the “standard” account with it’s larger spreads because of the lot limit. This would necessitate major changes to my trading style, so I was relieved when the guy informed me that because of their new “dark pool deep liquidity” abilities, there are no order size limits anymore on Razor accounts.

I hope he wasn’t pulling my leg because he got bad info (or no info) from on high on this.

I don’t see any bad thing about this broker. It is a true ECN broker and one of the best in the market.

cheers

I’ve heard of these guys as well. Well recommended by many traders.

my demo won’t go higher than 50 lots per order, I can have multiple 50 lot orders open, but when I enter more than 50 lots in the order window the buy and sell buttons grey out.

Is that what you mean?

maybe I should ask chat support

What is the size of your account? If your balance is too small, then the 50 lot order might be more than the margin requirements of your account - in which case you’ll be prevented from placing the trade.

just fyi

talked to pepperstone’s support and they confirmed the max order size is 100 lots, but can be more given sufficient margin

even found it right on their website with the details of Razor account:

https://pepperstone.com/trading-accounts/accounts-razor.php

it’s the same for Standard, which I think I’ll go with for my live account

Well that just sucks. I hate it when you get one message from one staff person and another message from a different one.