Pepperstone

it’s just a ticket limit, you can trade more than 100 lots, there’s no restriction there

besides, I don’t know too many people who’d want to do more than $10MM in notional value without breaking it up into multiple orders that’s a lot of heat lol

Pepperstone does not admit US clients.

But it’s really good broker. I’d been trading with them for 5 months, now I am trying another one, but will get back to pepperstone. Fast execution and excellent support. 5/5 score.

i think they accept everyone else outside of the US, Iran, and Afgan

i’m now live with them with a standard account, everything is smooth

only thing I haven’t done yet is a withdrawal, everyone get withdrawals ok?

ok so im with fxcm don’t like there spreads i need better spreads for my style of trading pepper seems good but i need to hear about withdrawals to confirm there greatness

You could have used the “search within this thread” function and punched in the term “withdrawal” to find out if someone has touched on this.

They have…here’s the link to their post back in August. 301 Moved Permanently

i’ll skim the little bit of profit in my account off the top as a withdrawal this week and see how it goes

interested in withdrawal to credit card, says it’s free and would save me the wire fee for a small amount

https://pepperstone.com/clients/withdrawal-form.php
shows up on this page if you select “no” for the deposit by CC

maybe not good for larger sums, but my profits are small right now

Assassin, thanks for pointing that out

I did two withdrawals in the past two months and they both took a bit long (like 7 business days each) but it might have been due to my bank. Both went through perfect, just one tip. Don’t do too many withdrawals in a short time period because there’s a $20 fee for each bank wire, so unless you’re taking out like $2,000 each wire its not worth it doing it monthly lol. Also check with your bank for receiving wire fees, because I got charged $10 for receiving a wire in US funds (still gotta talk to my bank as to why I got charged that because I was receiving the wire to my US funds account lol)

edit: Also forgot to mention that when the first wire took a long time I emailed pepperstone and though they didn’t answer within the hour, they did answer within 12 hours (probably due to the fact they don’t have offices open 24-hours a day and only open during Australian hours.

I really like the speed of support, I can get all the information I need at any time.

hey everyone, it’s my first post here. I love the website (especially its “school” section, really informative) :slight_smile: I’m new to forex and I was considering getting my first account on Pepperstone. I was wondering if any of you guys tried funding your Pepperstone account/withdrawing from it using Moneybookers Prepaid Mastercard? I see on Pepperstone’s website that there’s a possibility to fund your account using Moneybookers but you’re not allowed to withdraw your money using the same method. Will Prepaid MasterCard suffice in this situation?

Hi guys,

I just started playing with the Pepper demo account and i just saw the first problem… My TP didn’t work, I had to shut my trade manually (granted, I got an even better price than I wanted ;)) and it worries me a bit. Here’s the quickly taken screenshot, notice the difference between TP and the actual Price taken. It’s not due to any slippage, I just had to close by myself:

screenSHU - The fastest screen capture ever.

Anyone else had that kind of problems?

Can’t really tell what you mean by that screenshot. It’s missing a few columns of info there. But no worries.

In MT4’s open order window, you should see the trade with a TP price filled in, that cell will turn green once you’re within 10 pips of it, and yellow if the price has been met but the broker hasn’t confirmed the order closed.

If it hadn’t turned yellow, then perhaps you had the pricing off? Or maybe since you were trading short, you were looking at the ‘bid’ (that’s used to paint the chart,) when it’s the ‘ask’ quote that actually triggers the order for short trades. (makes a difference on wider spread pairs.) It’s a common mistake.

In any case, pretty much never hear of people complaining about that on their live accounts, and when problems do arise with orders that are set properly, you can always have their support team correct it (if the price was hit but you didn’t get filled, they will fix it.)

Hope that helps.

Hi Jack, thanks for your post. I know how it works in the MT4, how the colour change and stuff. Here is how it went:

• I had my TP set and it was hit, price turned to yellow
  • the order didn’t close though
  • as I was watching the trade confused and saw no automatic reaction from the platform, I closed manually to see if that works
  • it did and the trade was shut and I got the better price for it (lower in this case as it was short, you can see that by looking at the price column - if I closed lower than my auto order it should clearly show that the auto TP did not react)

Here is one more screenshot, with clear shown columns this time :wink:
screenSHU - The fastest screen capture ever.

I guess that kind of problems only happens in the demo account but it worries me that it happens at all… To me that shows that the broker is incompetent and that’s a shame, coz I’d really like to use Pepper for my trading for it thight spreads.

I hear you. Demo is funny that way, it’s just there to show off the platform and quote feed and isn’t taken a seriously as live.

In any case, I’ve never heard someone complain about such things for their live account (that is, when it’s the server’s fault, not their own error when entering int order prices or not realizing they need to look at the ask quote for closing their short positions.) And every time there’s been an issue where my account was negatively affected, Pepper has corrected it and credited my account. They’ve been good with that actually.

i didn’t have that problem on my demo, nor my live account

did you get the new MT4 installer for edge from here:

https://pepperstone.com/clients/downloads.php

?

or are you using the one it links you when they email you after registering for a demo?

don’t you think it should be?

i guess as long as live accounts run well it doesn’t matter in the end, but still

@BananaTrader

I think I used the one you posted link to.

Depends. Demo is great to learn a platform and how to enter orders (to avoid order entry mistakes later on when you’re live.)

It’s also good to keep track of a price feed.

But for trading, MT4 demo servers are kinda unrealistic since they confirm orders instantly without offsetting them in the market, meaning they won’t account for how a large order size will impact the market, nor will they show how possible slippage could impact a trade during very volatile (news trading) markets.

I totally suggest someone try a demo before going live if they are new to trading, don’t get me wrong… I just don’t see a lot of reason to commit a massive amount of resources to it on the broker’s end if they could be better used to serve live accounts.

Just my opinion really… this sort of thing is going to be more important to someone who’s no where near ready to go live yet, but even so, Pepper’s demo isn’t really that bad either.

Pepperstone, a broker I was seriously thinking about opening an acct. with no longer takes AMERICAN traders, thanks to CFTC and the new Dodd-Frank bill. In fact the list of brokers in this forum “Meet your Broker” most of them will not take American Traders. Its a shame America is listed with Iran, North Korea, Syria all terrorist state that most brokers refuse to do business with.

I guess their is no loyalty, they want America to fight their wars but to hell with them.

It’s not the offshore broker’s fault. It’s America’s fault. The CTFC is sueing brokers left and right who do not register with them. The only way to register is to impose leverage limits on US customers of 50:1 and jump through a bunch of accounting hoops that increase costs substantially. So it makes more sense for these brokers to just avoid US customers than bring themselves under the heavy hand of a foreign regulatory agency.

And by the way…Pepperstone would be happy to take a US trader…as long as they don’t KNOW that that trader is from the United States.

It can be done. Legally and without fraud.

Please do share. :slight_smile: